Thread: Newcomer server issues

Newcomer server issues

Newcomer server issues

Hi everyone,

Got some slight problems with the updated servers. They're crashing, or games hang in the countdown. I'll keep trying to see if it's just at my end!

Thanks fellow Nosgothians,

SERVER NUMBER: EU 228219

edit: yeah they're definitely not working right now. Finding people, but can't start the game sadly!
    edit 2: Turns out it's all the servers folks
    Last edited by Slanosaurus; 22nd Jan 2014 at 17:19.

Have the same problem, "waiting for server" after loading, til i DC.

Yeah, it sometimes makes it to class select then dumps everyone out.

Sever Issues

For the last 20 odd minutes I've been trying to play this epic looking game... unfortunately every time it finds a game and the count down starts it states 'server issues' on screen and I get booted.
    Any tips or a way around this?
    Problem is not my end.

21.01.2014 EU Servers cant connect.

Nevermind seems to work now. - 18:29 CEST

18:24 CEST now.

Lobbies are working and filling flawless right now. However, after loading screen, everybody gets stuck on class-select with the "waiting for server..." - message. One can also see the "Experience network issues..." popping up and off several times in the bottom-background of the screen. Also, the start-countdown-sound will be played exactly three times before everybody finally disconnects from the game which is then shut down.
    Plux the Leaping Sloth
    signature image

Cancel that... its up and running.

I can't connect still, although it seems to get closer each time. It always sends me back to the main screen after trying to 'sync my profile.' I'll keep trying, but it's frustrating as hell.

EDIT: Trying to connect from the UK too!

Completely unable to play since the update

Hi guys,

I didn't open Nosgoth yesterday at all, so I have no clue if it's a moment-related problem or just me. I'll try giving you all the details I can hoping it may help.

This morning I downloaded the patch; no issue at all. Game cache integrity checked just now, nothing wrong.

I just tried entering a game, but I couldn't. I got into a lobby, as usual, and as soon as it was full the game started. I noticed there was some kind of little delay from the "final gong" of the countdown to the effective loading of the map, it was 1-2 seconds longer than usual. Once in, the game went through the usual checks for profile and whatever, but then instead of letting me navigate the loadouts menu the black window for the various connections alerts didn't close, endlessly reporting "Syncing: Waiting for sever". The "auto-deploy" countdown was frozen at 28, and I could barely see the small "experiencing network issues. Please wait..." window in the bottom section. After about 10 seconds I heard the match countdown, or at least part of it, so I guess the game was going on without me, but I couldn't be sure because my screen just didn't seem to change at all. I was still able to press Esc and quit the match as usual, but that was pretty much all I could do.

Of course I tried again, and after this happened THREE TIMES straight, in different maps and with different people, I just quit to come here reporting it.

For the record, I live in Italy if that may help.

I'll try again in a couple of hours to see if the issue is still happening, but thought it was a good idea to inform you straightaway.

Hm it always passed the profile-sync for me, I think. Strange. Is it working for you now?
    Plux the Leaping Sloth
    signature image

This was an issue with the servers not being fully up to speed just yet. I was seeing it too, as were a bunch of other people. It's about 10 til the hour, see if they're working fine now. I just managed to get in a game that was already in progress.

Nope. Tried it multiple times. The most I got was when the match actually (finally) began, but everything was froze and then it reverted back to the main screen again. I'm really hoping there's not a problem on my end! My computer has become quite senile as of late in terms of making connections.

I've been having the same problem all hour. Still not managed to connect, not even after restarting Steam. The Lobby is fine but I've not even played my first match yet! Gutted!

It's working now for me.

Me too. Been enjoying it for the last 90 or so minutes! Fun game!

Nevermind! I got it working! Hooray!

client becomes unresponsive when starting a match

This is my first evening on the alpha, when I can get into a game I have a great time.

However, I have found that often after waiting in the lobby, when the teams are full and the count down to start the game has completed, the game client becomes completely unresponsive. I have to load the task manager to close the application and relaunch.

This happens every time when I try to load a new recruit match and occasionally when I load a team death match. I haven't been able to get into sommerdamm at all. I seem to have no issues with provance or freeport, but valeholm is hit and miss.

I haven't been able to find this issue listed in any of the other threads, so I'm curious if this is just me?

I know my hardware is fine because when I can get into a game, the action is smooth and there are no other glitches. I'll start keeping track of the servers this happens on, so far I have only connected to EU servers but haven't been making a note of which ones.

The next time you get a crash, if you could send your launch.log file right after the crash happens to Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com with a description of what happened (like you did with this post) that would be a big help in us tracking down the issue.

You can find your log file in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs