Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official System Requirement

Thumbs Up Official System Requirement

Finally Eidos has officially releshed the system requirement for the PC verson of Tomb Raider Underworld :

Minimum System Requirements :

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required)/Microsoft Windows Vista (admin rights required)

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3+GHz or AMD Athlon 2.5+GHz

RAM: 1GB (Windows XP) / 2GB (Windows Vista) system memory

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 6 series 6800GT (or better) / ATI 1800XT (or better)

SOUND: Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE: 8 GB Free Space

INPUT DEVICES: Keyboard and mouse

Recommended System Requirements :

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required)/Microsoft Windows Vista (admin rights required)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or Athlon 64 X2 4400+

RAM: 2 GB system memory

GRAPHICS: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX or ATI HD4800

SOUND: Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE: 8 GB Free Space

INPUT DEVICES: Microsoft Xbox360 Controller

Source: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3540.html

Just check it out

did u pass it??

Did you pass the recomended settings??i didnt pass my CPU and graphics card i have a geforce 8600 GTS and a intel core 2 duo 1.89GHZ processor!thats too bad i guess il just use my xbox360 what do you think??
    Anthony

Oh no...must buy 2gb and new graphic to play....hm...or not
    I have PS2 , i will buy for PS2
    Then when i upgrade my computer i will buy for PC

Please Eidos, could you tell me if TRU will run fine with NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT!
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by lara 4 ever View Post
    Please Eidos, could you tell me if TRU will run fine with NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT!
    Thanks in advance!
    @ I have the same video card and I made the test at http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest and I passed
    I met almost the recommended requirements

Who knows, maybe you will run TR on high detail
    Im waiting when demo comes out to see if i can run it before i buy it

Wohooooooooooooo

Yeah i can run it fine on my laptop u lot that cant run it must have rubish pc no offence i pass min and tecnicaly the rec coz i have a 2 processors running at 2ghz rated at 3.9ghz
    CROFT MANOR GONE :eek: I know it gets burnt down but she has other estates why not have one of them im sad that its gone, i love messing around in the house, Could they not do a a download of another house like beneath the ashes and lara's shadow apart from available to PC,PS3,XBOX 360 and Wii (as a Channel). Im getting Tomb Raider Underworld on PC but im sad theres no dc. :mad2:

Quote Originally Posted by ZakBretherton View Post
    Yeah i can run it fine on my laptop u lot that cant run it must have rubish pc no offence i pass min and tecnicaly the rec coz i have a 2 processors running at 2ghz rated at 3.9ghz
    Tsk I agree. Shame they don't have £600 lying around..

Now I am not the tech type of guy, but these specifications don't look too demanding. What do you guys think?

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Anto424 View Post
    Did you pass the recomended settings??i didnt pass my CPU and graphics card i have a geforce 8600 GTS and a intel core 2 duo 1.89GHZ processor!thats too bad i guess il just use my xbox360 what do you think??
    You do not have to worry about that , I also have the same graphics card like yours i.e geforce 8600 GT 512 mb ddr2 and i think you will able to play TRU on max

Eidos must make Geforce 8800 as the recomended graphics instead of 9800GTX , which is so latest and it costs too much

I pass in EVERYTHING except video card but it nearly touches the recommended one...

I have a nvidia 8800GTS 512 MB OC wich isn't far away from 9800GTX, but I have a 3ghz Core 2 Duo E8400 and 4GB Of ram so I expect to run the game on max with no problem
    INTEL Core2Duo E8400 NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 3.5GB RAM VISTA ULTIMATE

Pleeease, can anyone tell me can I still play it (only non supported requirement is my CPU and it's Intel 2.8 ghz) Can I still play it?

Wow, that's a big jump in minimum settings over the last game.

Unfortunately, I might have to pass on this TR installment.

My laptop has a P-M 2.0 GHz (which is equivalent to a P-4 3.0+ GHz in terms of performance) but only Pixel and Vertex shader 2.0 for my graphics card (ATI FireGL T2). Everything else is fine.

What exactly happens if I only have the 2.0 shaders and not the recommended 3.0 shaders? Will the game not run at all or can I just dial down some of the settings?

I'd like to be able to play this game (and will give the demo a try), but I've already maxed out my ThinkPad and buying a new computer is not a consideration right now.

Oh, please

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar View Post

Oh, please
    yeah thats weird, why would someone use the 360 controller for the PC game, chances are if they had a 360 controller you know, they'd have...an actual 360

so why wouldn't they be playing on that

There seems to be a fine line between coincidence and irony....

why is is that every time we expect something good, could turn out to be frustrating at the end...tell me...is it so difficult to ask from the developer to make this game a bit more playable...I understand that their aim is to make Lara more believable and make the game more realistic as possible...but to what price?...it's as if they don't want us to play Underworld or something...OMG look at those system requirements...!...it's freakin me out...it's too much...needless to say I was expecting it to be more reachable...(requirements)...well, perhaps I have no choice but to endulge the game without the features and quality graphics enabled...I still hope there's an option to switch next gen option on and off...

http://www.************.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by _blacky View Post
    Oh no...must buy 2gb and new graphic to play....hm...or not
    I have PS2 , i will buy for PS2
    Then when i upgrade my computer i will buy for PC
    Somehow I knew my pc wouldn't run it because it is crap , but I'll get it for ps3 then I shall upgrade my pc with new graphics card and RAM

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    yeah thats weird, why would someone use the 360 controller for the PC game, chances are if they had a 360 controller you know, they'd have...an actual 360

so why wouldn't they be playing on that
    Sometime the mouse and keyboard controls annoy me big time. If that is true for this game I might buy an xbox controller. Not an entire Xbox.
    "I woke up this morning and I just hated everything." -Lara Croft-

I have everything for the minimum, but the RAM memory! ... But the upgrade is coming on 3rd November, so I'll be able to play it even on Medium graphics quality, i'm sure of that :: ))) *happy jumps around*
    I told you not to play your music so loud, because you might wake up the dead

UNDERWORLD PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS don't you think they are mad ???

have a look at this

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3540.html

isn't too much for PC ???????????????????

I think the minimum requierments are fine. The recommended are a bit high. My new (one week old) 1500 dollar computer doesn't meet the recommended settings (just).

But all in all i'm fine with the requierments. This means, if you have a computer that can run this game, it will look amazing!
    "I woke up this morning and I just hated everything." -Lara Croft-

I do have a controller from Thrustmaster and bought it last year. Does TRU need exclusively X360's controller to play?

Quote Originally Posted by lara 4 ever View Post
    Does TRU need exclusively X360's controller to play?
    No, it does not.

system requirements

my specs are according to the can you play it web site says i meet the minimum requirements, actually its a quarter past the minimum, does anyone know whether this would be suitable for my computer or not. cheers thanks. my cpu is amd 3800+ comes out to 2.4 and not 2.5 also i have 8600 gt graphics card, these two are the only ones that are itsy bit too small.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast