View Poll Results: Who for a cameo? (2 VOTES ALLOWED)

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1- Big Boss D'Astous

19 22.35%
  • 2- David Anfossi, producer

2 2.35%
  • 3- Mary DeMarle, writer

10 11.76%
  • 4- Someone from the artistic staff

6 7.06%
  • 5- René

53 62.35%
  • 6- A moderator

9 10.59%
  • 7- EM randomly picks a chap from the forum

30 35.29%
  • 8- A person from the forum chosen by the forum

32 37.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Cameo appearance (2 votes allowed!)

Cameo appearance (2 votes allowed!)

Milton Waddams....."I believe you have my stapler"

LOL yeah!

He was in the Deus Ex mod Zodiac, where he is actually sitting in a cubicle and used his voice from the movie talking about his stapler. It's hilarious.

Where can I vote for Sam Carter...

Yeah I played Zodiac. That's why I want Milton back!

I'm sure there are some deserving names on that list, but if anyone deserves to on it, Warren Specter does.

That is who I vote for.

Originally Posted by Frraksurred
    but if anyone deserves to on it, Warren Specter does.
    I agree completely. But I think a lot of fans are upset with him for what happened with Invisible War. He handed the reigns over to Harvey Smith and said "Surprise me", and well, he did just that I'm sure.

Originally Posted by J.CDenton
    I wanna be in the game. Even if I have to be just a stupid dead corpse. I'd be the "French guy in Deus Ex 3". I already see it in a fake new :

"Marshall. D. Frog, French officier from the security company H.E.L.P surrendered after three minutes of heroic resistance in the battlefield against the germans terrorists from the Oh-Range Secessionist Group. More details to come..."

It would be nice also to randomly pick somebody from here. Or pick everybody as pedestrians NPC so that we'd avoid "clones" in the game. Ok just dreaming. If I had to listen to myself I'd quote all the answers.
    Wow... That's actually a fairly good idea. Rene, I hope you forward that idea on to the devellopers.
    Originally Posted by Azrepheal
    I voted for René and a chosen forum member.

But only because I couldn't vote for René twice
    Wow, what a suck-up. lol
    Originally Posted by René
    I would vote for Mister T. But I didn't see the option.

The Deus Ex universe is full of foo's who need pity!
    That's probably the most sensible thing I've heard all day. lol
    "Square Root of 912.04 is 30.2... It all seemed so harmless..."

And I want a little teenager say "I SPILL MY DRINK" ,his younger cameo that is.... =D

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    I agree completely. But I think a lot of fans are upset with him for what happened with Invisible War. He handed the reigns over to Harvey Smith and said "Surprise me", and well, he did just that I'm sure.
    Harvey shouldn't get all the blame he was a huge influence on Deus Ex and he openly admits that Deus Ex:IW was not worthy of being a sequel to Deus Ex.

Here is the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTWvs...eature=related

Originally Posted by Frraksurred
    I'm sure there are some deserving names on that list, but if anyone deserves to on it, Warren Specter does.
    Yes I should have thought twice before posting the poll.
    "The year is 2027"

Originally Posted by Mr. Perfect
    Rene, because it's so hard to get official input from Dev people like we get here. It really is appreciated.

That and some random forum person. Though I don't know how you'd go about working some of these forum names into the game...

Adam Jensen: "What can you tell me about a couple of Japanese businessmen who stopped by here yesterday?"

2L33t4j0u: "That depends on how many creds you have. 300 would be a start..."

Adam Jensen: "... I'm sorry, but what's up with that name? Seriously, I've give you the 300 if you can explain that."
    hmm with a screen name Mr. Perfect(11 bytes) and a game with hacking? I could think of at least a dozen other ways.

MrP + MrsP in a heart on a texture carved into wood in some obscure place. To most people it would just be character in the game, but to MrP and MrsP it would be more. That's like an autograph from a star that people will stand in the rain for a few hours to get without regret.

If a screen name doesn't work ask for the persons real name.

{name} was here.

If somebody is chosen from the forums have a bunch of people email back some release and let it be a surprise.

Also I think we should hit some other forums up before the game comes out so people know, as I think a DX4 would be good... You know.

I'd also like to let people know I've never been a fan of anything.. no band or movie... For some reason DX hit a soft spot in me and I've loved it ever since.

So I'm a fan for the first time. I know, cheesy.

I'm way more upset about what D'Astous is doing to DX...
    Apparently there are people who think the best way to make
    a prequel is to contradict the thing to which it is a prequel.

That is of course your opinion, but I think it is easy to see that the direction they are taking with DX3 is a great improvement on what we have seen with DX2.

Warren Spector of course the father of Deus Ex. There is no other choice!

That is of course your opinion, but I think it is easy to see that the direction they are taking with DX3 is a great improvement on what we have seen with DX2.
    Ditto.

gamer0004, you are a beacon of positivity!

It would be great if in the required big office building (Sarif's building?) everyone from the forums is there.

No cameos.

Someone from the forum, definitely! Someone with instantly recognizable character!

Originally Posted by mad_red
    Someone from the forum, definitely! Someone with instantly recognizable character!
    Why, I'd be happy to...

^
    He was refering to moi...

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    ^
    He was refering to moi...

It'll be hard to recognize you with your Omar mask on.
    I'll be recognizable, I'll be the only guy in the guy with universal ammoz, and shouting about how this isn't a democracy. Plus Paris Hilton will be nearby saying "That's hawt" to everything I do.

Originally Posted by Romeo
    \ Plus Paris Hilton will be nearby saying "That's hawt" to everything I do.
    LOL! I was thinking of MyImmortal as the friendly Omar, or at least like Leo in DX:IW.

But i'd even carry that useless flamethrower around all through dx1 if it meant I could flambee Paris Hilton. "That's hawt!"

LOL! I was thinking of MyImmortal as the friendly Omar, or at least like Leo in DX:IW.
    Not Leo - too self-centred and loud-mouthed. He got on my nerves, ha!
    I'm the friendly Omar... neutral and non-political, hehe.

But i'd even carry that useless flamethrower around all through dx1 if it meant I could flambee Paris Hilton. "That's hawt!"
    Pfft, sexist. Oh and "LEAVE PARIS ALONE!!! AH, PEOPLE, JUST LEAVE HER ALONE!!!" (Insert aggrivating emo-type character here).
    Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    Not Leo - too self-centred and loud-mouthed. He got on my nerves, ha!
    I'm the friendly Omar... neutral and non-political, hehe.
    And I'm Zap Brannigan. War bringer to the neutral parties.

Originally Posted by Romeo
    And I'm Zap Brannigan. War bringer to the neutral parties.
    No doubt a very sexy war!

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last