Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TR: U Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow PC?

microsoft is soo unbelievable, seriously. i mean, pc is a microsoft product too, why can't they just say exclusive to pc and xbox 360. what's soooo special about xbox 360. it is sooo wrong. fair enough not ps2/3 cos competition but excluding pc is just too much. they don't even make games for pc anymore for example banjo kazooie 3 and viva pinata 2. the only reason viva pinata 1 is on pc is cos it is rubbish.

microsoft is selling out pc users. vista is soooo bad, they're releasing windows 7 next year, and they did sooo much advertising for vista too. microsoft isn't what it used to be.

It's perfectly understandable why Microsoft offered the deal and why Eidos accepted.
    Money.

(I'm not saying they were wrong to do this for money)
    "I've lived many times longer than your entire civilization, but i've never seen such delicious irony..." R.I.P. Natla

Quote Originally Posted by daaceking View Post

microsoft is selling out pc users. vista is soooo bad, they're releasing windows 7 next year, and they did sooo much advertising for vista too. microsoft isn't what it used to be.

Microsoft is being clever. They have a team of guys in suits who decided consoles are the way of the future. And those guys are probably right.
    I have a pc, and nothing else, and I'm sure it's a matter of a decade that there will only be games for consoles. Microsoft is working ahead, that's clever.

P.S. vista isn't that bad. I am kinda starting to like it (have it one week today)
    "I woke up this morning and I just hated everything." -Lara Croft-

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    I would guess it would come out on PC eventually because majority of the people own ''Microsoft'' Windows. So maybe,maybe not
    l doubt Microsoft is going to sell any more versions of windows releasing dlc for the PC, they cannot include them as an add on for Vista or XP, and the PC version is not using Live.

it is most likely money, even though tomb raider is a popular franchise. it's almost like gta, where ea bought rockstar games because the game is way too good and get loads of cash.

"PS3 boys" have the same temper as everyone else! I would like to see how "Xbox360" guys would feel if Sony got their hands on Halo (or any other Xbox exclusive) and got exclusive DLC for PS3 only!

We got Tomb Raider first it would be only fair if we got DLC aswell!
    But I understand, money can speak louder than anything in this world.

I'm not sure if anyone else has said this already (I haven't read all the posts properly)

But the tombraiderchronicles fansite had an article saying that microsoft has paid eidos big money to have these extras on pc format aswell
    every member here has a symbolic function, if only the outside world were the same

Quote Originally Posted by Jas_SharpShooter View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has said this already (I haven't read all the posts properly)

But the tombraiderchronicles fansite had an article saying that microsoft has paid eidos big money to have these extras on pc format aswell
    for real? where you read that? please tell me.

anyway, what is this dlc? is it just a few levels with no relation to the main game, no cutscenes, just a little more exploration? if that's the case then i'm not too bothered cos it's just a past time then. if it is a part of the game then that's wrong to cut out part of game on other consoles.

these "exclusive" game wars have got to stop. it's ridiculous. nobody has got the cash for a 360 and a ps3. (mind you there is one guy on youtube with 4 ps3s.)

i only got a high end single core laptop. with a radeon 9700 card which is falling behind in gaming because of the 64mb vram.

my concern regarding the new game is will the min specs be 64mb vram. the previous 2 games had 64mb vram for recomended. so i was ok.

Nope. Don't count on it.
    Villa, villa.

Unhappy appalled

I think it's disgusting how Eidos are ignoring their faithful PS II and PC customers and prioritising xbox.

Anyone know of any petitions on the go?

Quote Originally Posted by diogoandre View Post
    "PS3 boys" have the same temper as everyone else! I would like to see how "Xbox360" guys would feel if Sony got their hands on Halo (or any other Xbox exclusive) and got exclusive DLC for PS3 only!

WRONG.

Sega had TR first, on the Saturn. If you want to stab at an already dead corpse, fine, but we can do the same.

Besides, Halo would most likely never become exclusive to Sony: it's owned AND published by Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by diogoandre View Post

Like LC is me says, Sega had TR fist and the whole PS had TR first is a lousy excuse anyway the only reason TR didn't appear on other consoles at the time is because PS was the dominant one and Sony bought the exclusive rights to TR2 and 3... wow same situation much? I find it pretty funny how PC users have the audacity to moan about a platform getting exclusive extras when they exclusively got extras to TR1,2,3 and the Level editors... you weren't moaning about exclusivity then!

Here's the deal microsoft approached Eidos and asked for exclusive content.. the DLC wouldn't have been released at all if they hadn't asked so no one is losing anything!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    I find it pretty funny how PC users have the audacity to moan about a platform getting exclusive extras when they exclusively got extras to TR1,2,3 and the Level editors... you weren't moaning about exclusivity then!
    A PC cost way more than any console, and is after all the most versantile gaming machine on the market. Besides, we have to buy an operating system, most of us from Microsoft.
    Piracy is not accounted for, as it exist on consoles as well.
    So taking into account that a PC cost easily 3 times more (in Norway at least) than the most expensive gaming console (PS3) I would think PC users deserve exclusive content the most.
    Not to mention all the crap we have to put up with in all the Microsoft operating systems, including bugs and generally craptastic solutions overall. Although I have to admit Windows 7 is promising.

PS. Just wanted to mention that I feel "exclusive" content for one system over the other is bull and a pathetic attempt to make consumers choose one over the other by using cheap bait.

I really don't think you have a point here, id you're so outraged by the fact that most PCs cost more than a console then buy a console for god sakes, plus the PC expensive may be more yet the games are always cheaper than the console versions so, checkmate!

When I bought my PS3 it was on launch day for like £500 which I'm sure is more than your PC and you don't see me complaining hat because PS3 is more expensive than 360 that PS3 deserves exclusive content thats just not the way the world works get over it. The cold hard fact is that Microsoft approached Eidos and asked them to make them exclusive content for the 360. The DLC wouldn't have been made had Microsoft not asked for it, no one is missing out on anything the 360 gamers just get extra!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Although you're missing out on the doppelganger's shadow power

sorry that's a tender spot

One word for

PS3: Uncharted (even though I don't like it)

360: LS and BTA , and there's that halo thing

Wii: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy/ SMG2, Metroid
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by NatlaUnleashed94 View Post
    Although you're missing out on the doppelganger's shadow power

sorry that's a tender spot
    not really, I'm not really bothered about the dopple anyway, I would have liked to play BTA but i couldn't so i just got over it... if only others could too.

Oh look. Yet another thread moaning about XBOX 360 EXCLISIVE content. Well, unsurprisingly, the answer to the question, "Will it come to other consoles, despite clearly being labelled as EXCLUSIVE?" is still 'No'. Who would have thought?

Can people please please stop creating these irritating threads? They've come up so many times. All they do is create arguments, disputes, negativity, etc. People just get fed up, and every single time people say it's a 'betrayal, Eidos betray their fans, boo hoo, maybe I won't buy another Eidos game, because it hurts them more than it hurts me, maybe Eidos will break the contract they signed with Microsoft this time around.'

It drives me mad.

i just ate a toffee ice cream, it reminded me of lara
    "Whats a man gotta do yo get that kinda attention from ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by tuppence9 View Post
    Is this the topic to discuss that? Oo
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

Quote Originally Posted by tuppence9 View Post
    lol a bit of light humour is always nice and that subject is about as relevant as this thread anyway. May I ask why a toffee ice cream reminded you of lara?

Of course, why doesn't the TR main website mention X360 only when it invites us to "download" the stuff?

Is it gonna be just a window, or are they really insisting on this as X360 only for forever?

Forever I think. If Eidos wanted to release it for another console, they would have done it by now. Besides, Microsoft doesn't seem like one to forget about contracts. I'm not saying that Eidos and Microsoft are wrong. Just look at the exclusive content for the PC, it's all been done before. What I am saying is that this is exclusive and that is probably not going to change.

P.S. I love you username QuiGonJ.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    Forever I think. If Eidos wanted to release it for another console, they would have done it by now. Besides, Microsoft doesn't seem like one to forget about contracts. I'm not saying that Eidos and Microsoft are wrong. Just look at the exclusive content for the PC, it's all been done before. What I am saying is that this is exclusive and that is probably not going to change.

P.S. I love you username QuiGonJ.
    I wouldn't rule out possibility, but releasing it now... Probably not the best marketing move.

Quote Originally Posted by fallout 3
    Bethesda has confirmed that its three until now Xbox 360 exclusive DLC releases are heading to PS3
    Did the DLC even sell that well? I know I wouldn't personally buy DLC... but I suppose some would.

Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow

What about a christmas gift for PC?

This ia ALL rather hilarious.....as the game, and most ALL games are created ON the PC. So let's me get this straight, it cost more to make it for the PC? So it's ported to the Console FOR the console and MAYBE a year or TWO later it is reported back over to the PC? Sort of like giveing a bone to the dogs after ALL the meat is gone?

Sure glad I'm not a bitter gammer. That I can reassure myself that inspite of the trends both ib single player games and Multiplayer games that the makers who be want ALL of us to buy a console to play games. Well we'll see......

I guess I'll wait for the sraps (any additiional Tomb Raider Games) to hit the bargain bins then pick it up. That should maybe be about five or so years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast