Thread: Revised EX Bursts and Moves

Revised EX Bursts and Moves

I love many of the EX bursts in Dissidia but cant help and think some of the other characters had better overdrives/limit breaks that could have been used, i.e, Squall has the Ultimate attack Lion Heart, but it is never seen in the entire game, even as a brave or hp attack, the slash he does at the end of Renzokuken is simply too extremely nurfed to count as the lion heart attack.

you cannot compare this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYxtnmY6Arw&feat...

to that: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-U-WkFvkZc

its good, but it aint no Lion Heart, and somehow in dissidia 012 it is the weakest finsher, how in the hell did that happen???

The other thing is since Squall is a close range combination fighter, he could benefit the most from having chain into brave attacks such as with Jetch and Tidus, his style compliments that greatly.

This is just my opinion but if they do make anther Dissidia game, I would like THE Lion Heart attack to be his finisher.

Another character who I think would benefit from some revisions is Cecil, he feels under made in my opinion and would have liked more attacks for him.

What other Ex Bursts do you think can be improved on?.

Would have liked multiple exbursts and Squall's Renzokuken to be different for each character and do justice to each character.

Some character's seem to have more flashy moves just to undermine others.

I would also like GILGAMESH to either have Monarch Sword or Unlimited Blade Works as his exburst.

Hell. Implement his Type 0 moveset. He is so badass in that.

Just a quick aside, I remember someone told me Squall's finishing animation in FFVIII did differ sometimes against some bosses, so it's possible the developer's thought of that and tried to use what he always did against all enemies for Dissidia. But I agree-it could be cool to see a difference in the animation depending on the character he used it again.

But then I would want that to be the case for all the characters, lol

Not an addition, but I wasn't really diggin' how they put the "sending" animation in Yuna's finisher. In FFX, that was basically a funeral rite she performed for Sin victims. Felt kind of iffy to use that in a battle game. But that's just me, overly sensitive :P

Would make more sense for Yuna to Summon the Ultimate Summon of that game. Anima or whoever.

Originally Posted by new_tradition

Not an addition, but I wasn't really diggin' how they put the "sending" animation in Yuna's finisher. In FFX, that was basically a funeral rite she performed for Sin victims. Felt kind of iffy to use that in a battle game. But that's just me, overly sensitive :P

Well, I kinda liked that because she also did it on ghosts of sorts, so it's kinda like she's taunting them saying the enemy is already dead when she does that, to me at least.

Squall has never been one of the greatest close ranged fighter, at least in Dissidia. His attacks are heavily based on far range and magic spells.

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko

Squall has never been one of the greatest close ranged fighter, at least in Dissidia. His attacks are heavily based on far range and magic spells.

I think you might be very mistaken on that one, heres a profile article on Sqaull from the dissidia wiki:

Squall's fighting style is Relentless Revolver. Squall specializes in swift, multi-hit combo attacks that rapidly drain the opponent's Bravery. His melee attacks have low range, but execute quickly and do heavy damage. Even his magic attacks let him hit multiple times, and can set opponents up for melee strikes. He also has a fast running speed, though not as fast as characters like Tidus or Onion Knight. As a downside, Squall has few ranged attacks, and his magical abilities are only mid-ranged. All of Squall's HP attacks require a moment for him to charge before attacking, giving the opponent time to dodge.

Article: finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Squall_Leonh...

And even though his profile emphasises on combos, he is one of the characters without a brave to hp chain attack which he needs seeing as he has a heavy reliance on short range combinations.

Another character who should have had more moves is Sephiroth, his move set in my opinion is way too small