Thread: I dont really know where to post this..

Big Grin I dont really know where to post this..

I dont really know where to post this.... But i do hope this is the right place.. If not verrryyy sorry

Anyways....

Can some admin change my name to "~DJ~" this "[DX-ST]" In my user name ,I cant always remember it.I always have to go to "Forgot my password" option when ever i want to come to Eidos forums..

( In short change my name to "~DJ~" please? )

- DJ

Thanks in advance

It's impossible (as far as my knowledge goes on vB) to change user names.
    Villa, villa.

You only have 23 posts. Why not just sign up with a new account?

You can change your name, you need to contact a mod though. People have done so before.

Quote Originally Posted by andy3536 View Post
    You can change your name, you need to contact a mod though. People have done so before.
    What the? I hav e been on many vBullentin forums and everyone said it was impossible to change your name here (on vB)
    Villa, villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    What the? I hav e been on many vBullentin forums and everyone said it was impossible to change your name here (on vB)
    Nope, it's perfectly possible on most forums with a similar admin panel. But it isn't possible for a member to alter their names from their user CP.

I know because once there was a thread I started entitled "Campaign To Remove Lo's Dot" When I first registered I assumed (wrongly), that the minimum requirement in terms of one's username was the pretty standard three characters so I joined as Lo with a full stop after my name as I often have to on other sites.

But I saw someone with just two characters so I think Goran was the one who kindly removed the dot.

It probably didn't warrant a thread but if you PM a moderator or administrator, DJ, I'm sure they will gladly oblige you

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Nope, it's perfectly possible on most forums with a similar admin panel. But it isn't possible for a member to alter their names from their user CP.

I know because once there was a thread I started entitled "Campaign To Remove Lo's Dot" When I first registered I assumed (wrongly), that the minimum requirement in terms of one's username was the pretty standard three characters so I joined as Lo with a full stop after my name as I often have to on other sites.

But I saw someone with just two characters so I think Goran was the one who kindly removed the dot.
    Those cheap lyers.

Anyway, I think that only the admin can change the usernames... because moderators are just...moderators.
    Villa, villa.

Yes, probably just an administrator. I have never "moderated" a site such as this, but I am an administrator on CMF and elsewhere. But all other sites I assist with are on different formats or are MSN based (yeah, that teflon rubbish lol)
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by [DX-ST]DJ View Post

"[DX-ST]" In my user name ,I cant always remember it.I always have to go to "Forgot my password" option when ever i want to come to Eidos forums..

( In short change my name to "~DJ~" please? )

- DJ

Thanks in advance
    Incidentally, DJ,

There is an option to stay logged in (or to have the site remember you when you next visit), when you log in each time. Just check the box you'll see upon log-in.

BUT, this is not advisable if you are sharing a computer. I'd only advise this action if you have your own PC that nobody else uses. I once had a problem whereby someone was using my PC and posting stuff under my name when I was otherwise engaged Needless to say I am no longer friendly with that person!! They thought it was funny but it almost cost me a ban from three sites