Thread: A recommendation to extend the games life

A recommendation to extend the games life

A recommendation to extend the games life

I've recently (past several months) played the crap out of Frontlines:Fuel of War (400+hours) and Battlefield:Bad Company (240+ hours). There is always a strong showing at the release and another surge after the first DLC release. But you really don't know when DLC will be released or for how much and when/if there will be any followup DLC.

I also play Rock Band and Rock Band 2 and every Tuesday I look to see what the new DLC for songs is. I will continue to play Rock Band cause I keep getting the option to play new songs...and I know new song options will be there every week to check and every month a new album.

I'm putting forward that Eidos announce and support that DLC will be released every month to continue to keep the game "fresh". Give us a firm date and price for each release. Have the first couple already made and ready to go. For future ones take community input and create DLC from that input.

I'm unsure of how much time would be required, Bi-weekly or simply Monthly but Monthly would be the longest you'd want to go. Or you could go small bi-weekly and large monthly sorta like RB's song packs and full albums.

There are So Many Games, Many Very Good Games on the market now, that once you grab a User's atttention, you need something to keep their attention. The more User's attention you have the greater possibility of word of month getting the attention of more potential Users. And no one would feel they're "getting in the game late" cause the product is continually kept fresh.

Any opinions or further input?

Originally Posted by Sith Darthfoxx
    I've recently (past several months) played the crap out of Frontlines:Fuel of War (400+hours) and Battlefield:Bad Company (240+ hours). There is always a strong showing at the release and another surge after the first DLC release. But you really don't know when DLC will be released or for how much and when/if there will be any followup DLC.

I also play Rock Band and Rock Band 2 and every Tuesday I look to see what the new DLC for songs is. I will continue to play Rock Band cause I keep getting the option to play new songs...and I know new song options will be there every week to check and every month a new album.

I'm putting forward that Eidos announce and support that DLC will be released every month to continue to keep the game "fresh". Give us a firm date and price for each release. Have the first couple already made and ready to go. For future ones take community input and create DLC from that input.

I'm unsure of how much time would be required, Bi-weekly or simply Monthly but Monthly would be the longest you'd want to go. Or you could go small bi-weekly and large monthly sorta like RB's song packs and full albums.

There are So Many Games, Many Very Good Games on the market now, that once you grab a User's atttention, you need something to keep their attention. The more User's attention you have the greater possibility of word of month getting the attention of more potential Users. And no one would feel they're "getting in the game late" cause the product is continually kept fresh.

Any opinions or further input?
    I basically agree with everything you said. This game needs DLC at least on a monthly basis.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    For the console owner I could see that. Waiting too long to release a map pack could hurt the game in the long run as was the case with PAIN for the PS3.

I guess it's always the question IF the publsiher wants to keep the title alive vs. focusing it's resources on something else.

As for BS:M it would probably be a good idea to drop a DLC now that could bridge the time until BS:P comes out. Even if there are no new maps in it, just fix a few map bugs, re-arrange or re-balance the existing multiplayer maps so playing on them becomes a new experience.
    (Put a 3rd Jap BB on Sibuyan instead of the CA could twist things up)