Thread: Grapple Hook Bug since Poseidon room on WII

Question Grapple Hook Bug since Poseidon room on WII

Please help...I am playing Anniversary on the WII.

I may have activated a bug that stops the grapple hook being deployed, when trying to pull items. I first noticed it when I released the floating raft in the Poseidon Room, in order to move the raft to the correct position you have to attach Lara's grapple hook but no matter how I flick the nunchuck it does not deploy. I managed to overcome the problem by shooting the raft which eventually moves it! I cleared the Poseidon room last of the four rooms before entering the Coloseum.

I thought at first I was just meant to use the gun but having successfully deployed the nunchuck when jumping over gaps following the Poseidon room I needed to pull a box off another box by using the grappling hook and again it would deploy, again I managed to shoot it off and Lara can then pull the box by hand.

The next time I was in the room (Midas level) with the blocks that rise up and in the corner is a number of white coloured blocks half way up the wall, a ring is in one of them but no matter what I do I cannot get the grapple hook to deploy.

After retrieveing the lead bar and going to the basement room with the Gorilla and the panther there are four beams supporting a block that is damaged, there are rings attached to each beam that Lara obviously has to pull using the grapple hook, but it will not deploy.

Two things of note - The grapple hook worked throught the Peru section, early stages of St Francis Folly up until Posiedon, now it will only deploy when jumping across gaps

2nd...On resuming a game after loading or after an animation sequence for example a door opening or a section of a locking mechanism releasing Lara automatically deploys her grapple hook into the top left the TV screen as if the aiming point is locked there. I am not moving the nunchuck when this happens.

I have tried resetting the nunchuck as per the manual but it makes no difference

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by gifford4671 View Post
    Please help...I am playing Anniversary on the WII.

I may have activated a bug that stops the grapple hook being deployed, when trying to pull items. I first noticed it when I released the floating raft in the Poseidon Room, in order to move the raft to the correct position you have to attach Lara's grapple hook but no matter how I flick the nunchuck it does not deploy. I managed to overcome the problem by shooting the raft which eventually moves it! I cleared the Poseidon room last of the four rooms before entering the Coloseum.

I thought at first I was just meant to use the gun but having successfully deployed the nunchuck when jumping over gaps following the Poseidon room I needed to pull a box off another box by using the grappling hook and again it would deploy, again I managed to shoot it off and Lara can then pull the box by hand.

The next time I was in the room (Midas level) with the blocks that rise up and in the corner is a number of white coloured blocks half way up the wall, a ring is in one of them but no matter what I do I cannot get the grapple hook to deploy.

After retrieveing the lead bar and going to the basement room with the Gorilla and the panther there are four beams supporting a block that is damaged, there are rings attached to each beam that Lara obviously has to pull using the grapple hook, but it will not deploy.

Two things of note - The grapple hook worked throught the Peru section, early stages of St Francis Folly up until Posiedon, now it will only deploy when jumping across gaps

2nd...On resuming a game after loading or after an animation sequence for example a door opening or a section of a locking mechanism releasing Lara automatically deploys her grapple hook into the top left the TV screen as if the aiming point is locked there. I am not moving the nunchuck when this happens.

I have tried resetting the nunchuck as per the manual but it makes no difference

Any ideas?

Turn your Wii off and restart the console from scratch, the problem you are describing sounds like a start-up calibration issue (i.e. it assumes that you have done something during start-up to make the default idle position incorrect)

See whether this has an effect on your grappling hook issues - if no headway has been made, PM me, I will see what I can find for you regarding any problems.

Thanks for the reply, I actually ended up phoning eidos who had not heard of this issue before.

I tried re-setting the controls (nunchuck neutral position) as per the manual and this had no effect, I tried deleting all files and starting the game from scratch and this did not work.

I also tried taking the disc back to the shop and getting a new one and this had no effect, the bug seems to be linked to saving your progress as it starts at different points.

For example on the second disc I noticed it with the raptors in the lost valley sequence, you have to move the nunchuck and controller in a particular way to avoid the raptors and this did not work, then when trying to avoid larson at the end of the level it also asks you to move the nunchuk and controller and again it failed to work.

I have given up and bought the game on the PS2!!

I have this problem too! Nightmare. Anyone have any solutions for this? I've been wandering around the Midas section for hours thinking that I'm doing something wrong. I eventually result in looking for a walkthrough and discover that I do indeed need the nunchuck - if only she'd bloomin well throw it!!

Quote Originally Posted by gifford4671 View Post
    I have given up and bought the game on the PS2!!
    Wow that's pretty nuts that you had to buy a different version of the game just because of a small bug! WII should have given you a refund or exchanged the screwed-up game for a new one...did you inquire about that with them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Get lean with headrest dvd player, get your veggies with Breville juicers!