Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Game lag.

Game lag.

Can hardly run Nosgoth

I think I'm gonna opt out of the closed Alpha. My comp can hardly run Nosgoth. Even with all settings on low. More power to those who have a better rig than mine.

Dear Malkanis,

Can you post your computer specs please.

Best regards

Hiru

What he said, there may be other issues going on too.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

I think it might be a server side issue. I was having a couple hiccups during the weekend (first weekend event) where it normally runs quite smoothly. Also it's a bit jerky shortly after major patches, and I know they rolled back to a older version during the weekend... All these maybe played a role.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Game lag.

The matches seem to lag even when everyone in the game has good ping. I even set the graphics to low and it still does this. Help?

Sorry to hear you're having issues - Which map has this been happening on? Or is it on all maps? Is it constant or does it happen on just at certain points /times?

It's been happening on all maps, and it's consistent throughout the whole match.

Post computer specs for us plz.

I got some lags too, and it wasn´t ping related... :/

I'm having pretty much the same problem. My FPS on comparable games usually exceeds or caps at 60 FPS, but on Nosgoth, I'm lucky if it makes it up to 20. Stuttering worsens if my ping skyrockets to triple digits, yet even in the 40's to 50's I still see animation skips. I've lowered every single setting as far as they go and it still hasn't solved the problem. For reference, here's my specs (shamelessly copy-pasted from my DirectX Dialog):

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I don't overclock, and I've never had to. I don't keep my browser open when I play. As far as I can tell from Task Manager, the operation that takes up the most memory when Nosgoth is running is Nosgoth itself. I've also scanned for anything malicious that could be on my rig and turned up nothing. So I'm at a loss as to why I'm one of the few afflicted with this odd performance flub.

Originally Posted by DeeArc
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Acording to your specs you shouldn't have any issues – if it’s happened since the latest patch maybe more the servers/other issues – others have mentioned issues on http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8981

Have you tried turning everything down to minimal specs? I know there are some issues surrounding apex cloth on some maps etc... So turning off those extras might help you.

I get some nice lags when I alt-tab out and back in. Now normally this should cause a delay before video is back or whatever, but on win 8.1 there shouldn't be any. Its like a stuttering for a while and then it smoothes out again.

No other games do this, even the ones that did it in windows 7, don't do that now, its all instant. So even though this sounds like a funny test it might be a way for the devs to track down what is causing it.

I guess mine was caused by my pc, cause I have been hibernating it for a week, and it seems it´s up to its normal speed again luckily. Yeah, I get that lag when I alt-tab all the time on win7, but it goes away after few secs.

Originally Posted by Strike5150
    Have you tried turning everything down to minimal specs? I know there are some issues surrounding apex cloth on some maps etc... So turning off those extras might help you.
    Everything's down to its lowest setting or off altogether. Vertical sync, anti-aliasing, texture detail, world detail, APEX cloth, shader quality, ambient occlusion, depth of field, light shafts, lens flare, dynamic shadows, and motion blur. It's still giving me frame drops.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Acording to your specs you shouldn't have any issues – if it’s happened since the latest patch maybe more the servers/other issues – others have mentioned issues on http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8981
    Posted about this on the second page, though now I've linked that message to the one on here. Hopefully they'll see it.

The best thing I can recommend is for anyone having issues to email your dxdiag.txt and your launch.log to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com.

How to make a dxdiag.txt:
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to...g-information/

Where to find your launch.log:
    C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs
    It's best to send it right after a match where you were having issues (if it's an intermittent thing)

Send the email with as much descriptive info as you can. Please do not send it and say "THIS DOESN'T WORK MY GAME IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD" as that won't help at all.

Heh, Eric. My roommate ran an auto shop... reminds me of all the times people came in with a car and were all like "My car's making a noise."

A quick update: Turns out my GPU has issues with texture fillrate, so a tech suggested I run the game in 1280 x 720. My frame rate's not ideal, but changing the display resolution has cleared up almost all of the stuttering. Something to consider for anyone else having this problem.

Having this issue as well.

Lots of Lag

Just tried out the alpha for the first time and joined a match, while the map looked very impressive I was a bit confused with the interface at first but I managed eventually. My main problem was that there was lots and lots of lag, and it didn't run smoothly at all. Therefore, I died...a lot. So I'm sorry to say that I couldn't really play this, effectively, at all.
    I'm also a bit surprised that you could only play pvp.

can you post your computer and connection specs.

Next to that can you check when you are in game in the options -> video part (when playing a map) and check your fps.

Sometimes there is a FPS drop and steam has to be restarted to sometimes fix this issue.

Lag

I just started playing Nosgoth on a semi-low end computer (Microsoft 7 rates it a 5.2) Alas, the game is so laggy that I can't play it. Even on the lowest settings it lags me to an unplayable point. Any plans on fixing?

Update: found that after updating to 8.1 some of my minor drivers were a little out of date. Got in service station and updated them to where they should be and have had much less lag issues. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Avenger7
    I just started playing Nosgoth on a semi-low end computer (Microsoft 7 rates it a 5.2) Alas, the game is so laggy that I can't play it. Even on the lowest settings it lags me to an unplayable point. Any plans on fixing?
    Hi Avenger7 could you post your specs and what Settings you're playing on.

I experience lags, too. They start mid to end of the first match and then the game becomes almost unplayable in the second match. Seems to be a problem with the memory since my graphic card isn't so hot that the cooler is getting noisy and my CPU is at about 50-70%. But my HDD is working like hell. It also isn't related to the map I play on. Lags are getting better after I was at the lobby again.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last