Page 13 of 13 First First ... 3910111213

Thread: Matchmaking

Matchmaking

Micro? APM? multitasking? are you sure you are posting on the correct forum Sawyer?

P.S. pretty much any game ever made would see a player with more game/map knowledge and time spent be more likely to triumph, all other things being equal. And to be honest compared with many games Nosgoth is pretty easy to pick up and do well at given a player has solid aim and basic common sense, even with minimal map knowledge

So the problem with 7 players stuck in lobby and 3 vs 4 matches is that the server thinks the missing slot is still filled? Because I have to admit that I thought it could be something simple like that "float" variables are used to keep track of the current and/or max player count. But that is hopefully not the case, as every good developer should know the problems with that data type, especially when used in calculations.

Matchmaking

Hey Devs it would be realy nice if I could play this game

Not only would it benefit me but it would help immensly with player retention if you could deliver a stable and functioning matchmaking system. I do like this game and recommended it tons of friends but they drop it like its hot after the nth time of trying to play together and get kicked out of lobbies and what not.

It kills the "want to play this game" after you have to deal with all of this bullcrap. People just want to click a few buttons and start playing. The longer these problems exsist the more players you lose every single day.

I am not exagerating when I'm saying that I've tried to play and join a match like 6 times and I've been kicked out or unable to for a party.

This is pretty lame tbh and you should make work of it if you want this game to survive. Priorities priorities, stable game and fun game and then you can have people giving you money.

You did notice that this is still a beta and the Devs are working on a fix for this, right?

I don't know if you have ever tried to program or design anything and your product wasn't perfect right away, but this is the case most of the time.
    I'm sure the Devs are doing their best to fix any issues this game has.
    I'm also sure they are aware that a non stable game can be frustrating.

If the occasional matchmaking problems are such a gamebreaker for you however, why don't you wait for a released game?

A game that should be in closed beta shouldn't have fundamental problems that inhibit you from playing the game such as the matchmaking. The state of the matchmaking is pre alpha. I hope the devs are doing their best since its pointless to promote your game as competitive and have events while your game doesn't even work. It's sad to see how many people drop this game after another frustrating session of lobby simulator 2014. They don't want to return even if the game is working how it should be.

Page 13 of 13 First First ... 3910111213