Thread: Can't Start Game - Help

Can't Start Game - Help

Can't Start Game - Help

Have Installed what looks like an excellent game, but when I go to start it, it tells me that the file "d3dx9_31.dll" is missing.

Can somebody PLEEEAASSEE help me with this one. I can't play BS-M until this is sorted, and I am really looking forward to it. It looks like a really good game.

Give this a shot.

3. this is a known error!
    i had this on my sons pc too!
    and it is not the last!

"u install game succesfull and than the game make a directx update, after 25% this install stops whit your error that d3dx9_31.dll is missed on your pc....right?"

if u install d3dx9_31.dll u get the next error than ..."that 2 XINPUT files are missed "

new install and update dont work! but the solution is easy!

wich windows version u use? XP right?

u need this 3 files from a equal windows version

1. open this folder...
    C:/ windows/system32

2. copy this 3 missed files into system32 folder and restart

3. the directx install works than and u can can play!!

if u need this 3 files and u work whit XP send me a PM here with your email adress, i send u the files than

AKAGI

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Arrow and Akagi,

Tanks for catching and helping.

Very happy with response.

Thank you for your response Akagi, however, I am using Windows Vista, and although I don't like Vista, I am kind of stuck with it. So although your advise is based in experience and probably works well, I went with the link provided by Arrow.

The information on this page sparked something in me, as I didn't realise that the file I was missing was a DirectX file. To read the following on the link...

Microsoft frequently updates DirectX, about once every two month, however they do not change the version number. For example there has been over 14 revisions to version 9.0c.. This error is usually caused by not having a specific file from a newer version. We recommend downloading the latest installer for DirectX directly from the Microsoft Website.

I realised that I had not installed the DirectX that came with this game, and decided to stick with the DirectX 9.0c that was already installed from a previous game. I installed the DirectX off the BS-M disk and lo and behold the game now runs.

I guess you learn something new every day...

Thanks again guys for your help

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    MS really dropped teh ball with DX10, which comes with Vista. The removal of certain .dll files is a major headache. I had to actually look for a dll file just to get COD4 to work.

Just install dx9. It won't go back. You need some files that Windows didn't include.

Originally Posted by Goose69
    Have Installed what looks like an excellent game, but when I go to start it, it tells me that the file "d3dx9_31.dll" is missing.

Can somebody PLEEEAASSEE help me with this one. I can't play BS-M until this is sorted, and I am really looking forward to it. It looks like a really good game.
    Hi Goose,

http://www.d3dx9.net/download-missing-d3dx9_31-dll/
    You can get the d3dx9_31.dll file from the above link.
    this is the source which is best for solving this sort of dll related issues.
    Click the Link on this page “Run a Free DLL Scan” and it will fix it for you.