Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angel of Darkness...The End.

Angel of Darkness...The End.

At this point, I think Angel of Darkness is the real end of Tomb Raider. I hate feeling this way because I love it so much. I love Tomb Raider Legend, but what is the reason for changing the back story? It's almost like Lara Croft is a different Lara Croft. I wait for these games and they are probably my favorite of all time, even over Zelda or Mario, but I think changing stuff like that is ridiculous. It almost seems like AOD has the perfect ending when she turns and walks away since they want to change everything. Legend is almost perfect, maybe short, but I like it, but why change the whole story? That's just stupid. Anybody else agree, or not?

no, sorry i dont agree, legend is my first game of tr but i know a lot about other tr games. I think it goes, Tr1 (anniversary) Legend, then underworld. the other game tr2 tr3 tr4 tr5 tr6 were probably inbetweenies, like none of them wanted lara to find avalon, they were just in the way, they never meant to happen, it was meant to go straight to excalibur after the scion, thats what i think. any one else agree?
    signature image

Hmm.. I think that nothing has been changed.
    "Pardon me... If that was just your way of trying the doors for me.." - "With a TommyGun on my keyring"- Lara+KnifeThrower

AOD is not the end of Tomb Raider. The end of Tomb Raider will be when CD/EIDOS decide to drop the series/franchise.

Till then its still alive

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    AOD is not the end of Tomb Raider. The end of Tomb Raider will be when CD/EIDOS decide to drop the series/franchise.
    the end for TR will be when they will run out of money.

I loved TRAOD, and the artworks just screams AOD2. but no "WE GOTTTAA CHAANGEE AVARYTHING!! EVEN REEEMOOVVEE LAARAAS TRAADEMAARKSS!
    Villa, villa.

The end for TR will be when I allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post

I loved TRAOD, and the artworks just screams AOD2. but no "WE GOTTTAA CHAANGEE AVARYTHING!! EVEN REEEMOOVVEE LAARAAS TRAADEMAARKSS!
    cry.

But yeah I agree. The end of TR will be when the company stops making money off the franchise and then they will drop it. But don't see that happening anytime soon so thats good

cry.

But yeah I agree. The end of TR will be when the company stops making money off the franchise and then they will drop it. But don't see that happening anytime soon so thats good
    Villa, villa.

lol ive always loved that picture.

AOD was the end of the classic tomb raider games. I wish that, someday, they'd make the second and third games that were supposed to go along with AOD, but I doubt that it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by morsusmihi View Post
    AOD was the end of the classic tomb raider games. I wish that, someday, they'd make the second and third games that were supposed to go along with AOD, but I doubt that it'll happen.
    Yeah that won't happen. But honestly even if they did make the rest of the AoD like planned. It wouldn't feel the same as the classic games. No games ever truly live up to their past games.

Yeah that won't happen. But honestly even if they did make the rest of the AoD like planned. It wouldn't feel the same as the classic games. No games ever truly live up to their past games.
    Very true, but I wouldn't care as long as I got to know what the rest of the story was supposed to be.

There's a petition on petitiononline.com about the continuation of the series, but it needs 8000 signatures or something like that.

Very true, but I wouldn't care as long as I got to know what the rest of the story was supposed to be.

There's a petition on petitiononline.com about the continuation of the series, but it needs 8000 signatures or something like that.
    I don't think they would continue the series based on petitions,you never know though. But even though AoD wasn't my favorite of games ,If it kept the Tomb Raider name going, I'd sign the petition. Hell, the more Tomb Raider the better? right

I don't think they would continue the series based on petitions,you never know though. But even though AoD wasn't my favorite of games ,If it kept the Tomb Raider name going, I'd sign the petition. Hell, the more Tomb Raider the better? right
    Yes, the more Tomb Raider the better. The thing is that Edios agreed to continue the story line if the petition reaches 10,000 signatures and so far it as 2,000 some.

Yes, the more Tomb Raider the better. The thing is that Edios agreed to continue the story line if the petition reaches 10,000 signatures and so far it as 2,000 some.
    Well that could be either way. They could just continue the series in a book based series of such. Might not mean games. Was it an official statement by EIDOS stating that if theres that many signatures they would continue it or was that just based on what someone said Eidos had said

Smile

What does Aod have to do with Legend?
    Blonde Croft
    Oh Thats Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by blonde croft View Post
    What does Aod have to do with Legend?
    ...nothing

If that's my info, I better not get hacked or you'll be arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    no, sorry i dont agree, legend is my first game of tr but i know a lot about other tr games. I think it goes, Tr1 (anniversary) Legend, then underworld. the other game tr2 tr3 tr4 tr5 tr6 were probably inbetweenies, like none of them wanted lara to find avalon, they were just in the way, they never meant to happen, it was meant to go straight to excalibur after the scion, thats what i think. any one else agree?
    i dont agree. tr3 was my first game but i know of the others and the storylines. core design made the original tomb raider games not crystal dynamics. crystal dynamics changed every thing. of course they didnt want her to find avalon because crystal dynamics storyline is her finding her mother and avalon and the original games (the ones by core design) were not connected at all they were just different adventures. tr1-tr6 are the originals by core.they werent continued at all. you need to play the originals...
    i like pie...

I quit halfway through AOD because it was to stressful to play

How did it end? It almost sounds like Lara died...did she?

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy Shadow View Post

no she didn't die

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy Shadow View Post

she nearly did in TRLR!!!
    it ended like this she teamed up with kurtis(ohhhh something was going on! )she left him to beat a spider boss! she finished the job and noticed kurtis was nowhere to be seen! then she found the sharp spiny thing and that lead her somewhere!
    Blonde Croft
    Oh Thats Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by blonde croft View Post
    she nearly did in TRLR!!!
    it ended like this she teamed up with kurtis(ohhhh something was going on! )she left him to beat a spider boss! she finished the job and noticed kurtis was nowhere to be seen! then she found the sharp spiny thing and that lead her somewhere!
    And that sharp spiny thing led her to ... Tiwanaku, Bolivia? That's odd

Quote Originally Posted by John Akam View Post
    And that sharp spiny thing led her to ... Tiwanaku, Bolivia? That's odd
    That can only mean one think.... KURTIS IS BACK!

I KNOW when crystal dynamics is fired * wich wont happen* and EA taking lara croft

You will call crystal dynamics also ''classic'' and we gonna miss cd.

MY ENGLISH IS ***CING BAD !:S:S:S:S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast