Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Serious issues with Sommerdamm

Serious issues with Sommerdamm

Originally Posted by WhiteFlameKyo
    I don't know what kind wizardry had devs employed, but that latest patch (today, about 325mb) resolved any and every slowdown/low fps/crash to desktop problem for me. Sommerdamm (as well as other maps) now runs as smoothly as ever.
    Magic Missiles were shot at Sommerdamm.

In all seriousness, the map was in dire need of an optimization pass - which was done in this version. it should be running a lot smoother for all. We'll keep a keen eye for new issues that pop up and address them individually when they appear.

Originally Posted by Saecred-XIV
    Magic Missiles were shot at Sommerdamm.

In all seriousness, the map was in dire need of an optimization pass - which was done in this version. it should be running a lot smoother for all. We'll keep a keen eye for new issues that pop up and address them individually when they appear.
    Today in lobby between matches I was complaining about optimization (and got yelled at for having an old computer) and boom, not an hour later it's done! Now I wonder what should I complain about next. I think I'll go with more classes.

But seriously, thanks and keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by WhiteFlameKyo
    I don't know what kind wizardry had devs employed, but that latest patch (today, about 325mb) resolved any and every slowdown/low fps/crash to desktop problem for me. Sommerdamm (as well as other maps) now runs as smoothly as ever.
    Glad to hear it We did a major performance pass that, aside from other things, put more items into different detail groups. This way when you run it on Low or Medium you see less of the shiny pretty goodies but it should run better for people who don't have NASA computers.

I too have stopped crashing on Sommerdamm since the last patch. I appreciate that you care for people like me who play on lesser hardware, so thanks!

Talking about the subject.. it is still here guys. I've encountered multiple delays and frame-rate issues. it relates to sound also.
    I am playing at 'Higher' settings (Dynamic shadows OFF, Motion Blur OFF).

Still have no issues on other maps.

try turning of apex cloth. Ppl have had issues with it in the past
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by cmstache
    try turning of apex cloth. Ppl have had issues with it in the past
    Could you please explain what is the connection between 'Apex Cloth' setting and specific lags (FPS, sound) in Sommerdamm? And again - no lags on other maps (with 'max' settings).

I will try this tonight for sure, but i doubt it will help me.

Btw sometimes the bug is just ridiculous - when running I get a 3 sec freeze then I found myself being 'teleported' 20 meters ahead

Such a nonsense but it looks like disabling 'Apex Cloth' made my life easier in Sommerdamm. Or maybe I just had a lucky day. Or maybe its because I've installed latest Nvidia drivers yesterday.

In alpha it fixed a lot of issues. Dynamic shadows and APEX cloth gave a lot of people a hard time. Obviously the APEX cloth stuff is dull lingering around.

Still getting really bad fps on Sommerdamn and, I keep getting "Ran out of video memory. Exiting"... Only on this map too, every time it is played. Infuriating, to say the least.

Originally Posted by Ezekyle
    Still getting really bad fps on Sommerdamn and, I keep getting "Ran out of video memory. Exiting"... Only on this map too, every time it is played. Infuriating, to say the least.
    Specs and settings?

My pc has run the game absolutely flawlessly until recently, again only on Sommerdamm do I get this error.
    Q6600, xfx 6850 HD, 4GB Ram. Most settings, since this issue, have been turned down to medium. I don't know why all of a sudden my hardware wouldn't cope with one map, hence my leaning toward the idea of a fault in this map. I did read something, somewhere about something conflicting with some ATI cards? If it is my hardware, I'm getting new RAM, a CPU and a mobo in a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo
    Such a nonsense but it looks like disabling 'Apex Cloth' made my life easier in Sommerdamm. Or maybe I just had a lucky day. Or maybe its because I've installed latest Nvidia drivers yesterday.
    The apex cloth setting controls a few things. First, it is responsible for the dynamic cloth that many of the characters have. Sommerdamm is the only map that has dynamic cloth in it, but since the initial release of Sommerdamm I have actually removed some of the dynamic cloth pieces because I didn't feel like they were adding to the look of the map and they were definitely contributing to the degradation of performance. I think there are only two dynamic cloth actors in the entire map, and from our tests they don't seem to be contributing to performance problems.

The only things that have been done to Sommerdamm were bug fixes or performance improvements, so I'm not sure what would have caused a sudden drop in the map's playability when we really haven't done anything drastic. Corey and I have spent some time trying to track down what are the worst offenders in the map so we'll continue to do so to see what we can do to improve it.

For me too this map still performs horrible even on lowest settings. Major fps drops and constant sound cracking. I have tried apex and all the other stuff off, but no hope. :/

My specs: win7, Intel core 2 duo 2,66GHz, 4 Gb ram, gtx 285

Other maps run great even on higher settings so it's just a bit weird.

edit. Great to hear you're working on the performance issues for us with old PCs. Have been testing since the new patch and not noticing any huge improvements. Maybe it's just my cpu, any tips how i could lift the weight from the cpu to the gpu? Btw, loving the Deceiver!
    Last edited by Raivohalvaus; 24th Apr 2014 at 16:29.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    I'm not sure what would have caused a sudden drop in the map's playability
    Sudden drop in playability? I've almost always had performance issues when playing the Sommerdamm map. I've had only a couple of games without crashing out, so it's certainly never been perfect for me since it was first released. I'm sure you'll figure it out though.

edit: should really post my system specs (by no means do I have a top spec PC)
    Any game using the Sommerdamn map will crash Nosgoth due to video memory issues. No other map causes this.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    System Type: X86-based PC
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    Total Physical Memory: 2.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory: 1.27 GB
    Total Virtual Memory: 4.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory: 2.79 GB
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    GPU RAM: 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
    Last edited by wolfcraft; 1st May 2014 at 19:56. Reason: adding build info

Sommerdamm performance issues.

I've been playing nosgoth for a short while now and on most maps i get a very good fps but as soon as i join Sommerdamm my fps drops to 9, the audio stutters allot and input lag shoots up. Has anybody else experienced this?

Page 2 of 2 First First 12