Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dirge of Cerberus

Dirge of Cerberus

Just started to replay FFVII: DoC. I'm wandering which weapon upgrades worked the best for everyone. I was thinking of only upgrading the Cerberus and doing all 3 barrels, but I'm not sure yet. It's been so long since I played last that I can't really remember if that would be a sufficient route to go with. Any feedback is appreciated.[img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif[/img]

Originally Posted by Lenneth_47
    Just started to replay FFVII: DoC. I'm wandering which weapon upgrades worked the best for everyone. I was thinking of only upgrading the Cerberus and doing all 3 barrels, but I'm not sure yet. It's been so long since I played last that I can't really remember if that would be a sufficient route to go with. Any feedback is appreciated.[img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif[/img]
    I only ever used long barrel on hydra and cerberus. rarely used griffon.

in normal mode, there is an area at the start of the game where enemies spawn eternally, and drop potions so you can melee them and heal with those. You can do this for awhile, I think i spent an hour doing it and got to lvl 40ish, and transfered the remaining exp from the game into funds to upgrade the toy gun, which, when fully upgraded, is the ultimate weapon (basically, cerberus, but more powerful than the fully upgraded cerberus). Also, the hardest difficulty lets you keep any weapons/upgrades you had from your last playthrough, so do this on normal, and you can enjoy a well-equipped run of the hardest difficulty.

Is there a difficulty above hard? That's what I'm playing on atm and I dont have anything from my previous run thru. I'll have to try out your lvling/toy gun suggestion. How does ammo work with the toy gun?

the levelling trick only works on normal, not hard. there is a very hard that unlocks after beating the game on hard OR normal. the toy gun is a bad weapon until its fully upgraded to ultimate weapon, and looks and behaves the same as cerberus (3 bullets per shot), its just more powerful. the toy gun is found in edge. i believe details on the levelling trick can be found on ign, i think that is where i found it.

Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus Remaster?

If SE doesn't remake the original FFVII, would it be possible if they remastered Dirge of Cerberus for the PS3?

I'm not sure. :/ They could do the HD later in the future, although if only the demand are high enough. From what I noticed, people do have a mixed feeling about this game.

I would like Crisis Core to be release on PSN for Vita. T.T

Originally Posted by CrimsonalCore
    I'm not sure. :/ They could do the HD later in the future, although if only the demand are high enough. From what I noticed, people do have a mixed feeling about this game.

I would like Crisis Core to be release on PSN for Vita. T.T
    Didn't DoC sell much more poorly than expected? I might expect to see it if some sort of HD Collection is announced, bundled with other FF games.

I would buy it, but yeah. The game had a lot of mixed feelings.

I'm not a super FFVII fan, so I didn't have any "this ain't right" feelings over the game. I just liked it. Gameplay was fun, graphics were amazing, and I loved the OST. It had a nice cast, though the story was a bit confusing and lacked some details. I guess also the fact that the lead of the game was an optional character from the original FFVII game would feel strange to play, lol.

If they ever released an HD Remaster, I could see myself buying it, but not right away. Likely something to grab from the bargain bin since I still can play the PS2 version.

This was such a crap game. Really. Somehow got through it for the story. I hope SE doesn't waste time on remastering this.

Dirge of Cerberus is my favourite game and a PS3 port would be very much appreciated (at least by me). That's all I have to say.

You know it would be better if they make a 2nd part of Dirge of Cerberus cause if you got the secret ending then you know there has to be more part in FFVII Dirge of Cerberus

Genesis, a man blessed by the Goddess, flies away with the still-living Weiss, accepting him to aid him in his duty to watch over the Planet in times of need? Why would there have to be a continuation to such an end? It matches the mood of LOVELESS perfectly. Besides, we already know that the Planet is still around 500 years later.

With the release of Advent Children Complete, the Compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII has come to an end [at least for the time being], says Wada. Well, he didn't count TURKS -The Kids Are Alright- though.

Personally, I am fully satisfied with what we already have. Besides, it's just a game series anyway. It's not that important.

Also: Don't forget that Episode: Denzel is set after Dirge of Cerberus.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Don't forget that Episode: Denzel is set after Dirge of Cerberus.

True, but the anime was only about Denzel's past and how became part of Cloud and Tifa's family. Whatever present scenes in the anime were just of Denzel and Reevus chatting. They was nothing to indicate about anything story centric happening post DoC. They only thing we could possibly infer is that nothing has happened yet, or whatever happened betwen DoC and that anime short already was dealt with and is no longer an issue.

Originally Posted by imported_Matt
    If SE doesn't remake the original FFVII, would it be possible if they remastered Dirge of Cerberus for the PS3?
    Quite frankly, D.O.C. left a bad taste both in plot and gameplay. Is there really any Monetary value in "remastering" what is already a broken title to begin with?

Help! Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus: PS2; Loads to Squareenix logo, then goes black.

Ok, I know this is a faily old game, but...
    Recently bought FF7: Dirge of Cerberus after having a fully functional PS2 Slimline (vers: SCPH-70004) thrown at me while leaving a friends. Installed memory cards (2x32 mb) are empty and network cable is connected.

BOth are PAL. Game was bought in the UK while the PS2 is danish, just in case that could be the problem.

Problem manifests as follows:

Game disc spins. PS2 logo shows. SquareEnix logo show. And then the screen goes black. The disc appears to be spinning, but nothing happens.

This is driving me nuts.

I'd be interested in this. Would anyone else pick this up if it were released on PSN?

Originally Posted by ShinobiMuramasa
    I'd be interested in this. Would anyone else pick this up if it were released on PSN?
    Sure. This would be a nice touch. $9.99 though and no higher.

Why, of course.

Great, I'm glad I'm not the only one. What would be the best way to go about showing interest to Square Enix if there is enough? Do they check these forums reguarly?

Oh, yes they do. I believe there is not much more we can do other than wait though. They already know that a lot of fans and gamers would like to see Dirge of Cerberus re-released in this form.

SE would have to submit the game through both Sony and the ESRB I believe.

Originally Posted by Fire

SE would have to submit the game through both Sony and the ESRB I believe.

I believe that's how it would work. It would definitely have to be re-rated by the ESRB. Has SE said anything to indicate that seeing the game released on PSN is something that they're considering?

Nothing has been said about this particular title.

I would be very interested in buying this if it hits the psn!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last