Thread: Dragon Quest Monsters : Terry's Wonderland 3D

Dragon Quest Monsters : Terry's Wonderland 3D

I don't know if anybody has been following this game , but it looks absolutely amazing.

I grew up playing the original DQM when I was kid and I remember I begged my dad to buy me the game from some store lol. I was just addicted to it from that day on. I found the other games in the series to not be on the same level in my opinion. But this looks great because not only is it a remake but it has all the updates to things going on that will make it even better then before. Something about the atmosphere of the first game was always really cool to me.

Anyways I SERIOUSLY hope this game comes to America and other places outside of Japan. It really deserves to and I think it's shaping up to be a great 3DS title. Check out this video below and be amazed.

(I didn't put it in video codec cause the board is new and acted all weird when I clicked it ).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkqzuhiiwQM

I recall Dragon Quest Monsters for the DS being localized.

My only experience with monsters is via the monster battling system in DQVIII. I fell in love with that minigame. Whenever I repurchase a 3DS, I'd definitely support the Monsters series!

I have faith it will be brought over. Nintendo's been doing an excellent job publishing the series in the West and have yet to neglect a title. Between being a game exclusive to the 3DS (that makes excellent use of its features) and the ability to import Joker 2 monsters through an eShop app, I don't think they'll be able to resist.

Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Sep 2014 at 21:34.

Yes, bring this remake of DQM over!
    Terry is awesome.

And while you're at it.. this?

Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3: The Great Pirate Ship and Tails Troupe please?

:P

Low Sell Through For Guild 01, High Sell Through For Dragon Quest andriasang.com/con1dh/media_create_sales...
    Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D Could Have Sold Even More www.siliconera.com/2012/06/08/dragon-que...
    Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Sep 2014 at 21:35.

I could sell even more when it comes to america and europe

I am noticing most of the videos of DQM:TW3D are being removed from Youtube. Why?

they havent localized slime 3

so again another square what the f are you thinking

I really hope they bring this year next year. Every piece of footage I watch makes me want it more and more , it's not fair lol.

And if it sold great in Japan , imagine how it could poetentially sell overseas .

Originally Posted by The Monster

I really hope they bring this year next year. Every piece of footage I watch makes me want it more and more , it's not fair lol.

And if it sold great in Japan , imagine how it could poetentially sell overseas .

Same. I love DQM so much, I used to played the first game on the DS, I fell in love with it so I REALLY hope it's localizing to the west. 3DS needs more great games in here, you know. :3

Me too , please Square bring us that game we waaaaant iiiiiiit !!!!!

By the way there's a petition existing about this game :

www.gopetition.com/petitions/dragon-ques...

I'm also waiting for this and DQ VII, hope they announce them soon.

I loved playing Dragon Warrior Monsters during my childhood years - much more so than the Pokémon games which I also owned.
    There are many people I personally know who would instantly preorder the 3DS version if it were released in the UK and Europe.
    I myself do not own a 3DS (only DSi and older consoles) but would definitely buy one solely to play Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D if it was released over here. I am sure there are plenty of other people who would do the same.

Due to the 3DS region locking, we are unable to import the Japanese version of Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D .
    The game itself exists in Japanese, there are countless fluent Japanese and English speakers who could translate the entire game’s text into good English for you. All that would remain would be for you to patch it into the game and release it as a digital download on the 3DS in our regions.

There would be no logistics involving shipping cartridges around the world, or preparing a set number of cartridges vs anticipated sales – digital downloads make it all easy for you (look at Steam's success!)

If you want to advertise the game a bit, just send a few posters to GAME stores / Gamestop stores to advertise the release of the game...

Please, please consider this... don't let us down - we have patiently waited more than two years already!

Feel free to use the signature to help get the message across! Copy and paste this into your signature box - deleting the stars just before the final square bracket ]: [sigimage]pZJNlxYpxJnYOYCybuuu.png[/sigimage*****]
    Last edited by Asamoya; 28th Sep 2014 at 21:28.
    signature image

What is the best way to push for an English release of a game released in Japan only?

The game I would really like to see over here in the UK and Europe is the 3DS remake of the GBC Dragon Warrior Monsters
    (Japanese title: Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D (ドラゴンクエストモンスターズ テリーのワンダーランド3D))

Any ideas? I'm not convinced that petitions do much.

:/
    signature image

Hey, I don't know if anyone is still interested, but I would be willing to make a translated guide so people can play the Japanese version. I was thinking I would translate the move sets and main story. Is that of interest to anyone?

Originally Posted by Mitch122591
    Hey, I don't know if anyone is still interested, but I would be willing to make a translated guide so people can play the Japanese version. I was thinking I would translate the move sets and main story. Is that of interest to anyone?
    That would be nice - my Japanese reading ability is next to zero . To be honest I think you should translate it and send it off to Square Enix somehow - might motivate them to release an English version.
    signature image

Cool! Alright, I'll give it a go! Hopefully that will give them some incentive! NA players deserve the game too XD

Yea....So i tried to reach out to Square Enix and they have no interest....They say they already have enough people to localize games . This is so sad!!!

How hard can it be to translate it and release it on the 3DS eShop? T_T
    signature image

You don't need to know Japanese to play Terry's Wonderland. You can beat the game without any knowledge of the language, not the 2nd DQM is a different story. Talk about confusing.

In all honesty though, there really isn't that much text in Terrys wonderland. So to not release it is just plain stupid.

Originally Posted by JMoriMori
    You don't need to know Japanese to play Terry's Wonderland. You can beat the game without any knowledge of the language, not the 2nd DQM is a different story. Talk about confusing.

In all honesty though, there really isn't that much text in Terrys wonderland. So to not release it is just plain stupid.
    You just need a Japanese 3ds, the monster games are easy to play if you played DQMJ2.

I've played DQM2 for about 350 hours (+ the time i played and then reseted because i didnt get the wanted reward in a randomly generated map) and i know nothing of japanese. I got lost a couple times, but seaching the right things, you can find walkthroughs in the internet, so there is no big deal.

I think the major problem with DQM and DQM2 (and why they aren't getting translated) is the amount of monsters/skills/items. (DQM2 has more monsters than Pokémon XY/ORAS)