Thread: skype as a ingame voip

skype as a ingame voip

skype as a ingame voip

As much as I would like to use teamspeak as a ingame voice comm,their is the problem of admin.It also seems ,it takes to much effort to use it.I was wondering if anybody would be willing to experiment with skype(its free)as a ingame voip.One or two people would be great to start with.You would have to speak english and have a headset with a mic on it.I'm in pacific time zone of the united states.If anybody has had any experience of using skype as a ingame voip,I would like to hear from you.

use the Teamspeak akagi set up and forget about skype for playing!

TS is also free, works easier than skype (when you are more than 2), needs less recources of your PC, simply is better and most of all: its made for gaming!
    -=)CSF(=-Haruna

if its so easy to use,then why does nobody use it?.....Don't be so threatened by a new idea.

Lol no one uses it coz they are 2 lazy 2 go on....i myself have regd 2 players just 2 day.I did say there was admin on between 7-9 pm...if only 2 show up thats all we can reg.
    I didnt see you storm.!!!!
    And its not taken as a threat ,we only put it up to see what response we got,if we dont get enuf uptake it closes,and you cant say we havent tried to get sumthing moving and improve the state of BSm.
    By all means set a skype up storm,the more there is the wider the choice for everyone.well done for having a go.
    But for all those that are still interested,i will be on between 4-6 pm uk time sat 19th and 7-9pm uk time sunday 20th to reg any one who wants 2 use TS.
    It takes 2 mins 2 set up.I will provide my MSN so we can talk thru the set up if need be.

I've used Skype when playing Lock On, and it works great.

I lack a headset.

Originally Posted by The M00ps
    I've used Skype when playing Lock On, and it works great.
    with how many ppl did you talk at once?
    -=)CSF(=-Haruna

Smile

Originally Posted by Arrow
    I lack a headset.
    Get a cheepo one of eBay, thats what I did.

Originally Posted by com345
    with how many ppl did you talk at once?

We've only had 3 at a time.

Thanks to my PSP's newfound abilities, I now have Skype access. Unfortunately I have little to no idea how to work this thing.

Originally Posted by Arrow
    Thanks to my PSP's newfound abilities, I now have Skype access. Unfortunately I have little to no idea how to work this thing.
    another reason why teamspeak is better in my oppinion
    -=)CSF(=-Haruna

we have been using skype as a ingame voip for about a week now.Its been great.All you need is to download skype(its free), and have a headset and a mic.Leave a reply here if your interested.

tags: Wireless Voip Phone Residential Voip we have been using skype as a ingame voip for about a week now.Its been great.All you need is to download skype(its free), and have a headset and a mic.Leave a reply here if your interested.
    We've used skype for six months and it's great--no distortion or lag when playing games..and best is that it is free!

I'm also a big fan of using Skype in game - it's not the easiest thing to do though...

I found a great solution - a new application named Overwolf that lets you use Skype (and other cool stuff like in-game browser) with your game without ever leaving it (no need for alt+tab). They have a special interface for gamers (with features like PTT) so it's even better than using regular Skype.

Check it out - Overwolf - Use Skype in game.

Originally Posted by SilverBld
    I'm also a big fan of using Voip Phone System in game - it's not the easiest thing to do though...

I found a great solution - a new application named Overwolf that lets you use Skype (and other cool stuff like in-game browser) with your game without ever leaving it (no need for alt+tab). They have a special interface for gamers (with features like PTT) so it's even better than using regular Skype.

Check it out - Voip Residential.
    Seems a bit dodgy, don't it mate?

I've got a headset now and Skype seems to consistently work in the background for me.

ValSanders - dodgy? Why is that?

Originally Posted by colstorm3
    As much as I would like to use teamspeak as a ingame voice comm,their is the problem of admin.It also seems ,it takes to much effort to use it.I was wondering if anybody would be willing to experiment with skype integration (its free)as a ingame voip.One or two people would be great to start with.You would have to speak english and have a headset with a mic on it.I'm in pacific time zone of the united states.If anybody has had any experience of using skype as a ingame voip,I would like to hear from you.
    I'd definitely be interested in skype for ingame voip and i speak english/pacific time zone.
    Are you still looking?