Thread: "THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

"THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

Cool

I am Prashanta. College student in North Dakota , USA. I used to be a game freak ... Play some music and am into arts too.

Used to be? What's the matter, is the magic gone? =(

Hi, I'm John, I'm from Portugal, and I'm an alcoholic. It all started at 16 when I first tasted black vodka...

Oh wait...

Hehe, nice. =)

Hi

Im Overtime! I live in Geneva but I am a student in London reading Physics.

I played Deus Ex a few years after it was released. Never liked the demo as I expected it to be a FPS!!! When i kept dying i gave up and shelved it! However, one day I saw my friend playing the game. I decided to give it another chance...

Stunned...The conversation at the top of the first level sealed the deal for me! The graphics were dated for the time i was playing it but the storyline was just phenomenal, the depth of the gameplay was immense. I realised just how mistaken i was to treat the game as a FPS!
    Turned into one of my favorite games of all time.

Highly anticipated Deus Ex:IW. My main disappointment was the storyline, didn't feel it was as deep, intelligent and immersive as the original. I felt the overall ideas were good but it wasn't executed correctly.

Going to be more cautious with DX 3. Though im trying to suppress the excitment!!! If I have any comment to the devs for Deus Ex 3, please, please get the storyline right...If you get that right, everything else will follow. (for me at least!)

Anyhow, glad to hear DX 3 is in production.

Nice to meet you.

And to quell your anxiety, unless Eidos is looking forward to bankruptcy, they'll get the storyline right.

Big Grin 47

Hello im john Howard from Canberra Australia i like golf,strip poker,cocain and enjoy nude beaches!

nah just kidden im from Melbourne australia and i realy like deus ex!

I'm LatwPIAT. I'm a sucker for everything cyberpunk and/or heavy storyline, so Deus Ex was a match made in Digital Heaven. Couple that with my love of open gameplay, and well, Deus Ex is slowly reaching the same level of obsession I have for Ghost in the Shell*...

Have played Deus Ex over the summer, for about three months now, I'm on my second run. Trying to all confrontial, but I keep sniping people with the pistol. Oh well, I've made a vow not to hack, or upgrade any non-weapons/enviromental skill, so I'm doing fine.

Anyways, I'm hoping Deus Ex 3 will be as good as it's predecessor.

(*Anyone notice the Helios Ending is a cut-down version of the dialogue from the 1995 GitS movie?)

Have you tried Deus Ex: Invisible War yet? It's the sequel to DX. Be warned though, not everybody likes it...
    Apparently there are people who think the best way to make
    a prequel is to contradict the thing to which it is a prequel.

Greets

Hi everyone
    Looking over these forums, I think their are many great minds here, specifically, because Deus Ex is a sophisticated and intelligent game. Its more than a diversion or a stress reliever, more than just "fun" to play - like any great movie or book, composition or work of art, the game challenges the player to care and become emotionally involved. I don't play many games - but I do play Deus Ex and have yet to really find another game like it.
    Maybe some will challenge the view that playing games is a waste of time, something little better suited for than building hand eye coordination and reaction time - that all those hours could be better spent doing things in [I]real[I] life - but I tend to disagree. As far as the human mind is concerned, I don't think any distinction is made between what is real and what is not. Things in and of themselves are meaningless and hold no value that the mind does not first impose on them.
    If its engaging, intelligent, challenging and replayable, then by all means, go for it.

Intelligent games can elevate the player to the next level. That is why we have many interesting folks here and I want to welcome everyone of them.
    "The year is 2027"

A friendly welcome to all the newcomers.

Hm, I haven't posted in this thread yet, so here goes. I'm a 24 years old guy from Hungary who loves the Deus Ex and Thief games from Ion Storm and Looking Glass, previous studios of Eidos. I'm writing news articles for a Hungarian gaming magazine's homepage and I hope I can write some very good news about Deus Ex 3 soon.

hello im kane, i played all deus ex games and im here to make friends (( or enemies )) with the deus ex fanboys .

general kane?

aka general kane nash by chance?

I know who you are

Originally Posted by general kane
    hello im kane, i played all deus ex games and im here to make friends (( or enemies )) with the deus ex fanboys .
    Welcome to our boards! Be careful about making enemies with a Deus Ex fanboy, they can be vicious (even more so with the fangirls)

Hi
    I'm Chris, I'm currently living in South Wales however I was born in London
    I'm a lover of music and I play the drums, After completing Deus Ex 1,2 again I decided to see if more Deus Ex games were coming out and found this site!

*waves*

Originally Posted by van_HellSing
    general kane?

aka general kane nash by chance?

I know who you are
    oh yeah , by any chance do i know u ???

oh no u cant be that guy who i nearly killed him 50 times and survived

Haha, no, I don't play multi . On C&C boards I usually go by the name Kodaemon.

Hi Im Paul, living in Shropshire in the UK.

Have loads of interests but especially art and music and of course games.

I dont play so many games these days, theres not many around that seem to hold my interest - except for Eve online, Im proud to say Im celebrating 5 years in eve at the moment!

*the views and opinions of NewHorizon do not necessarily state or reflect those of all Thief community members.

Sorry, NH

Hi my names Ben im from the Uk, love games, liked both the deus ex's and .... apperntly really suck at introductions

Hey guys, I'm Dave.
    I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario.
    I've been an avid fan of both Deus Ex games since release, and have completed them numerous times.

I'm a lover of video games, and even more of a lover of First Person Shooters (raised on Doom and Duke Nukem baby ). Upon playing the first Deus Ex game, my standards for FPS/RPG titles were raised very high.

I can't wait for DX3, I'm highly confident in you guys being able to live up to the legend of the first game, and improve upon everything (and throw in some new features).

Also, if I ever make my way to Montreal, I think you guys should give me a tour

Just remembered to throw this in, I loved the story about the earlier games, because of them, I looked into a lot of the content myself and am now also an avid conspiracy theorist.

Originally Posted by therave39
    I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario.
    I'm sorry man. That's unfortunate.

Originally Posted by therave39
    Also, if I ever make my way to Montreal, I think you guys should give me a tour
    No problem, just send me a PM.

*My opinion of Toronto is mine and mine only and does not reflect the opinion of Eidos Montréal...

Originally Posted by René

*My opinion of Toronto is mine and mine only and does not reflect the opinion of Eidos Montréal...
    Good thing he lives just outside Toronto then

Page 6 of 347 First First ... 23456789101656106 ... Last