Thread: "THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

"THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

Excellent thread. It is great to get to know everyone a little better. And a warm welcome to all the newcomers to this forum.

Thanks a lot ! I couldn't agree more , this thread is a good idea .

And yes Marseille is cool but not always And yes marseille is in the SE you're correct . I used to live in Paris too though , that's a great place out there but a way too expensive ..

I guess I'll probably move out abroad as soon as possible anyway . I am unfortunately homesick .. I dunnot belong here .

Aw, he's homesick. Where are you at/missing?

I'm just tired of living in France .. It's not my fancy . I don't like what France has become , and I can't stand it anymore , the others french around here , on the forum , probably have an idea of what I'm talking about ..

Hey everyone! My name is Patrick; 25 yrs old. I'm from San Diego, CA but currently reside in North Carolina. I'm a grocery manager here in Charlotte.

My hobbies include but are not limited to gaming (obvious) system building, learning new operating systems, and watching NFL football....

My favorite games include: Deus Ex, Marathon series, Starcraft, Diablo series, Warcraft series, Sins of a Solar Empire, Assassin's Creed.

Originally Posted by Gizmostuff
    Hey everyone! My name is Patrick; 25 yrs old. I'm from San Diego, CA but currently reside in North Carolina. I'm a grocery manager here in Charlotte.

My hobbies include but are not limited to gaming (obvious) system building, learning new operating systems, and watching NFL football....

My favorite games include: Deus Ex, Marathon series, Starcraft, Diablo series, Warcraft series, Sins of a Solar Empire, Assassin's Creed.
    Nice to meet you!
    Originally Posted by Oym
    I'm just tired of living in France .. It's not my fancy . I don't like what France has become , and I can't stand it anymore , the others french around here , on the forum , probably have an idea of what I'm talking about ..
    What do you mean? As in playing into stereotypes? Over-urbanizing? Losing it's identity?

Hello Gizmostuff !

Romeo : Yeah , for many reasons I've stopped admiring this country , France is not on a roll these last years , as in economically than spiritually .. These are only a few examples .

Culture is dying and the old France is gone , lose its identity , next generations won't even care about it , Paris for instance is one of the only big fragments of what it used to be , but has become a place where only the rich can live , everything is unbelievably expensive .. So I can't get there because of that ..

France is a cliché country , all its beauty comes from what it used to be , from a past that we're more and more hardly able to keep up ..

As for the landscape , there's nothing unbelievable , trust me I've travelled a lot on my life and there are plenty of countries which proprose a way better .

Politics are awful , work is so hard to find , especially when you want a big salary , indeed there's no science , no creation , no new culture economy is going down , however everything is so expensive that many of us start not being able to afford the necessary .. We are one of the most expansive country in Europe if it is the first and probably even in the world ..

And it's increasing as it comes , 4 percent of inflation this year ..

Check out the gas , we're supposed to benefit from the eu and should have as a consequence low prices , instead of that it's three-fold superior than in the USA where we are told that there's crisis ... What can we think of that ?

French are always complaining but no one is here to propose any solutions .. So it's the big confusion , and I'm tired of that , but the worst thing is that French are sometimes ( not everyone of course ) arrogant and full of clichés , as soon as you ll talk them about " america " they can only tell you that they are all fat and stupid .. And that's all they know , they tend to believe france is the most beautiful country in the world and that the rest cannot match ..

They need to wake up in my opinion .

I just can't stand it anymore , some would feel fine in France , cause fortunately there are still some good points , or some good places like in the centre of France .

I wish I could go away .. Later maybe

and watching NFL football....
    Go Colts!

This remembers me when you can play basket ball in Hell's Kitchen in the first deus ex , squore and the game will tell you :

Go Cowboys !

I prefer to don't talk about French politics because I have the same though as you about it.

I loved to play with the ball and the phrase was changed if it's the first, second, or third coming in Hell's Kitchen

Originally Posted by Oym
    Hello Gizmostuff !

Romeo : Yeah , for many reasons I've stopped admiring this country , France is not on a roll these last years , as in economically than spiritually .. These are only a few examples .

Culture is dying and the old France is gone , lose its identity , next generations won't even care about it , Paris for instance is one of the only big fragments of what it used to be , but has become a place where only the rich can live , everything is unbelievably expensive .. So I can't get there because of that ..

France is a cliché country , all its beauty comes from what it used to be , from a past that we're more and more hardly able to keep up ..

As for the landscape , there's nothing unbelievable , trust me I've travelled a lot on my life and there are plenty of countries which proprose a way better .

Politics are awful , work is so hard to find , especially when you want a big salary , indeed there's no science , no creation , no new culture economy is going down , however everything is so expensive that many of us start not being able to afford the necessary .. We are one of the most expansive country in Europe if it is the first and probably even in the world ..

And it's increasing as it comes , 4 percent of inflation this year ..

Check out the gas , we're supposed to benefit from the eu and should have as a consequence low prices , instead of that it's three-fold superior than in the USA where we are told that there's crisis ... What can we think of that ?

French are always complaining but no one is here to propose any solutions .. So it's the big confusion , and I'm tired of that , but the worst thing is that French are sometimes ( not everyone of course ) arrogant and full of clichés , as soon as you ll talk them about " america " they can only tell you that they are all fat and stupid .. And that's all they know , they tend to believe france is the most beautiful country in the world and that the rest cannot match ..

They need to wake up in my opinion .

I just can't stand it anymore , some would feel fine in France , cause fortunately there are still some good points , or some good places like in the centre of France .

I wish I could go away .. Later maybe
    I only visited it last summer, but from what you describe, it sounds alot like Vancouver is becoming.

^

For some reason, I think the same about America, but then, i'm pessimistic.
    The culture isn't dying, but it might be fair to say it has stagnated. I don't really think there's been much innovation of any kind since the 90s. But it would be true to say our emphasis on education has gone down, in addition to the fact that personal responsibility is no longer considered the admirable trait it was in America, as far as I can see.

Not to mention the fact that our politicians suck.

The culture certainly hasn't stagnated where I'm at.
    Kay, I live in CA (I can't watch any Arnold Foreign-Name movies anymore) every bus driver is Mexican, speaking barely any English, every fast food franchise employee (except In N' Out employees, who are white teens with terrible, terrible acne) speaks a garbled Spanglish, no it doesn't even deserve that, they speak Crunk. My neighbors, excluding one family that is actually legal, are illegals. Now I'm all for immigration and stuff, but illegals are committing a federal offense, and yet people defend them.

Though the Fourth of July fireworks are great, they bring in those nice high-altitude mortar fireworks.

Still, at least you can afford to survive there. Housing is at record highs here, food's more expensive (and it was expensive to begin with), gas is overly expensive (Carbon Tax, GREAT %@^#ING IDEA GOVERNMENT) and pretty much everything else is climbing in price... I think we're trying to evict the poor from the city.

Hi everyone!

I'm Anton and I live in Russia, Moscow) I'm an art-critic, just finished university. I work as pr and film director. And I collect retro and japan video games (have a really big Sega saturn collection). And I'm a huge DeusEx fan)))

I'm Nguyen Ngoc Nam and I'm living in Ho Chi Minh City,17 years old,high school student.I'm a Deus ex fanatic,and a huge conspiracy theory fan."I'm not much into" sport.You can say that I'm a typical nerdy gamer.I'm really sad because there're too few Deus ex players in my country.In fact,you can count Deus ex players in Vietnam with your hand fingers(And if you're lucky,with your foot fingers too,but that's it).What you'd see the most in Vietnam are fanboys(mostly Playstation) and too many idiots who play games just for fun and flashy graphic(About 95%).It really piss me off when they worship Halo,Half-life,Crysis,Final Fantasy into somekind of God.
    I don't need Deus ex 3 to be better than Deus ex,just live up to the original.And I swear if Eidos Montreal screw this one up I'm gonna buy a plane ticket to Canada and C4 the whole studio > along with myself because I have no more reason to live without Deus ex

I have cast a level one spell of stickiness on this thread so that all the newcomers to the Deus Ex 3 forums can introduce themselves to us. (And obviously, those oldies who haven't done so yet either )

The mod beckoned, and I was compelled to follow.

I am Samuel Johnson, I live in the relatively wonderful city of Melbourne in Australia (it's better than Sydney). I'm currently studying for a Bachelor of Arts, double-majoring in Philosophy and Theology; though so far I've also completed units in anthropology, history, logic and Sanskrit (don't ask) as well.

My interests (besides the ones I've formally studied listed above) include video games (PC gamer all the way, particularly RPGs), martial arts (traditional and MMA), Parkour, cars (although I confess, I'm not half as knowledgeable as I would like in this area), exercise physiology and fitness, being an a-hole and being evil.

I used to be a big fan of alternative rock (and some classic rock) with a bit of power metal thrown in there (mostly just Dragonforce). Nowadays I listen to trance the most though after a friend exposed me to Armin van Buuren's radio show A State of Trance. I'm still trying to understand how that happened since I hate techno and generally just assumed all electronic music was crap. o_O But yeah, I'm really loving the trance surprisingly.

Hmm... what else? Currently I'm just stacking shelves at a grocery store for work, but the hours are flexible and the pay is decent for my age so it works for me. In high school I wanted to join the army ASAP but that has tapered off now. I still maintain a significant interest in the military and intend to join Army Reserves eventually, but I'm waiting a few more years first.

Anyway, I guess that's pretty much everything. Now you all know me like the backs of your hands. Or something.

I'm me and I love Deus Ex.

That's a lie and we both know it! You're not me, I'm me.

*lol*

Name's Josua or just Josh, 20, living in Germany, near Dresden (East Germany :P ).
    I like gam,ing, especially RPG. DX is my 2nd-favourite Game, the most fav is Gothic. Does that ring any bell for people not living in Germany? I only know that it was a flop in the USA, because the gamers found it silly not to be able to kill every monster you meet from the beginning on like i.e. in Diablo .

I also like and practise Volleyball, Badminton and Dancing and study Media IT.

Originally Posted by Psychopomp
    I'm Ian Allen, and I'm an 18 year-old drop-out from Texas, working on his GED.
    In my Defense, I didn't drop-out due to laziness, or inability to do the work.

I simply could not take another year of the never-ending crap.
    Did you fall asleep in school, too?

10th and 11th grade I spent more time sleeping in class than not, bored to tears. What I wanted to learn I was pigeoned-holed by teachers. Asian=smart=you get the hardest courses (and I proceeded to flunk them in rebellion, so tired of racial stereotypes). My techie relative just out and out quit school, so tired of teaching the teachers their own lessons (he spent his class time reading sci-fi and comic books to their chagrin... he's the "N" in nerd!) and joined the Job Corps, where he broke some of their academic records...he's Mensa qualified.

Sad state of American education is that it's either too relaxed (does my bad grammar show??), or now, too rote. Creativity is lost to be but a corporate machine.

Nice thread....

I'm Jeff and I am 15 and from Crystal River, Florida, but I currently reside in Irmo, South Carolina. I am going to be a sophomore at Dutch Fork High School.

I will say that, just like 99% of the people here, I am a Deus Ex fanatic. I remember getting it at Ft. Jackson in 2003 for my Playstation 2. I was 9 at the time xD so I didn't really get the story much at all because I was so young. I beat it and put it away for a LONG time, a few years, not knowing of it's full potential.

About 8 months ago, I was looking through my ancient PS2 stuff (my PS2 is 6 years old) and came across Deus Ex and said, "What the hell, I'll give it another go." Now that I was much older I was so fascinated at the story and how ingenious it was that I just kept playing it over and over again just to unlock more of the invigorating and never ending plot. I started playing it non-stop, sometimes taking up 6 hours of my day. I then "obtained" the PC version just to play it and then I played Deus Ex 2. I played it once, and I was disappointed to say the least. It was still a good game but they made JC look like a fool.

Because of my intense liking for Deus Ex, I tend to let others around me know that as well. When I mention that game at school all the kids are like "ZOMG ZOMG j00 4r3 t3h n00bz0rzzz j00 like t3h stup1d g4m3zzz h410 thr33 fTw!!!11!1!!!ONEONE!!1!". I don't even know of one person at my school that has ever played Deus Ex. It disappoints me so much. All the so called "gamers" are concerned with are, like someone said before, flashy and great graphics like Halo, Call of Duty, Crysis, etc. They are all still good games but graphics aren't everything.

Deus Ex is probably the best game that I have ever played. Number 1.1 being Frogger 3D.

So there you go, that's my introduction

Wink

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    My name is Brian. I'm from Cape Town, In South Africa. I am an architect and gaming enthusiast. I am also a musician and I'm into guitar and drums

Howzit bru

names Johnathan born in Durban Natal
    now living in the UK "BY FORCE"

Kiff meeting a fellow Saffa!
    nice hobbies
    and your'e an Architect? sweet what kind?

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    Excellent thread. It is great to get to know everyone a little better. And a warm welcome to all the newcomers to this forum.
    Thanx
    and a great big Howzit to you

Howzit there
    Deus Ex is Definitely my all time favourite game NOT simply because of it's intricately thought out plot and amazing characters, but because it's a futuristic pure innovative and challenging RPG!

BTW Awesome that you like Assassins Creed!
    it's quite similar in way to that of Deus Ex
    as in the main character agent JC Denton 'sets out to combat terrorist forces, which have become increasingly prevalent in a world slipping ever further into chaos'
    seem familiar?
    thought so

I too have a passion for New OS sytems and Pc systems building

Star craft and war craft are pretty kiff too
    but nothing can compare to the upcoming Spore!
    completely off subject there Sorry

Page 3 of 347 First First 12345671353103 ... Last