Thread: "THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

"THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

Originally Posted by Reven
    From what i have been reading this upcoming "The Sundering" event will either wave the retcon hand and bring back some of the 3.5 goodness or go all dragonlance on the setting.
    But the Sundering was from the Death Gate Cycle. Dragonlance had the Cataclysm.

Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman really do like the whole "the end of the world already happened" scenario.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

The sundering must be the most generic and overused damn title in RPG's and now D&D is getting it's getting it's very own sundering, or as I like to think of it "The Dispelplague". But I do like the cover art for it.

But reading more into it they seem to be hastily retconing everything they can and justifying it as best they can with 6 books by 6 people who aren't very good at writing (I can't really speak for all of them but I know for a fact that Ed Greenwood sucks at anything more than lore books) All the while trying to keep as many people happy or bring back some of those they lost to Pathfinder which is eating at their player base.

Speaking of Pathfinder I am a little surprised that no one has picked up the licence to churn out a few PC RPG's same as with Exalted and Thieves world. All these settings sound Interesting.
    signature image

Speaking of Pathfinder I am a little surprised that no one has picked up the licence to churn out a few PC RPG's same as with Exalted and Thieves world. All these settings sound Interesting.
    I don't know if this is related but:

Pathfinder Online: A Fantasy Sandbox MMO

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    I don't know if this is related but:

Pathfinder Online: A Fantasy Sandbox MMO
    Now that sounds interesting indeed...thanks for this, I will have to keep my eye on it.
    signature image

Subscription MMO in today's market? I don't think so, guys. I personally will not be willing to pay monthly for it.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Subscription MMO in today's market? I don't think so, guys. I personally will not be willing to pay monthly for it.
    Agreed. I would prefer a buy to play game in the same vein as Guild wars 2. And with all the upcoming MMO's including Blizzards answer to their own game, the so called "project titan "and the elderscrolls online I can see it going f2p within a year if it failed to take. But with how well Pathfinder has been doing on the table tops I would be surprised if it didn't find its own niche. Yet with the game so far off Goblin works will be able to see changes in the MMO market a mile off so they could retool the game to suit any need long before launch.
    signature image

Everytime I see a photo of Stephen Baldwin, I think of Deus Ex (mostly Bob Page).

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    Everytime I see a photo of Stephen Baldwin, I think of Deus Ex (mostly Bob Page).
    That's quality
    Play games for the story

Imagine my surprise. Internet Explorer 10 does not suck on Windows 7. I mean, hating on IE has gotten a bit old of late, but there were some real issues there.

This feels so smooth, we're not in IE5-land anymore.

Am I the only one here who is sporting a Christmas avatar and signature?
    Come on guys... tinsel yourselves up!
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Morrowind was better like, but eh, mite be kool.
    Play games for the story

Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder
    Morrowind was better like, but eh, mite be kool.
    Ah, thanks. I've been waiting for a trailer for this film for ages now. Looks cool indeed.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Am I the only one here who is sporting a Christmas avatar and signature?
    Come on guys... tinsel yourselves up!
    I said it this time last year so I will say it again.... Bah! Humbug!
    signature image

Who keeps letting Tom Cruise be in sci-fi movies?

Who keeps letting Tom Cruise be in movies, period?

Everybody else who could do the sci-fi roles he does (and probably do them better) is still in television land.

I think he does, since if I recall correctly he runs his own production company. It must be nice to give yourself a job whenever you want one.
    signature image

Does indeed look cool if not, semi-cool.

Jus old Cruise, living the Scientologist dream. Leave the guy alone.

Decent actor. Obv' not seen Cocktail...
    Play games for the story

I said it this time last year so I will say it again.... Bah! Humbug!
    You Scrooge, you!
    signature image

I've never stopped being impressed with him as an actor. Even when he's in a crap film like War of the Worlds, he handles his role like a pro.

His personal life is his own. He can be as weird as he wants, so long as he performs like a champ on film.
    signature image

Two states south of me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1..._2300831.html?

Authorities in Connecticut responded to a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Friday morning, the local NBC station reports.

Police reported 27 deaths, including 18 dead children and others wounded, according to the Associated Press.

Creeping god!
    signature image

Terrible.

I read something similar happened in China recently.

Right before christmas. Terrible.
    Play games for the story

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    Creeping god!
    Aaaaand I just found out the shooter's family is from my town.

And yeah, 22 kids were stabbed in a Chinese elementary school. None of them died though.

Can we have a thread on the Syrian civil war too? It's estimated over 40,000 people have died.

Sigh.

(click image to enlarge)

There is some crazy and very sad stuff going on in the world... unfortunately, it seems part of the human condition.
    signature image

Page 236 of 347 First First ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... Last