Thread: "THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

"THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

Originally Posted by ZIGS
    The loading times in the *censored* are very long, including the quickload. I hope for the final version they at least improve the quickloads
    The PC Gamer review didn't mention long load times so they must be fine. However as the PC Gamer review didn't mention any PC attributes at all I always wondered whether the review was on a different platform (wash my mouth out!).

Having an anytime save/load is pretty impressive these days on PC (for a cross-platform game) so I'm confident it'll be good enough.

Originally Posted by FuzzyPuffin
    Anybody know if savegames from the leak will work in the full version?
    I hope they don't. If that makes you have to play from the start again, then TOUGH LUCK.

Originally Posted by musicrab
    Having an anytime save/load is pretty impressive these days on PC (for a cross-platform game) so I'm confident it'll be good enough.
    I hope you're right, the loading times in the leak are atrocious. I can understand when loading a new level but the quickloads as well? No, those gotta be... (wait for it) quick.

Originally Posted by sajin
    You can. The guy you quote also says you can break doors with explosives (or lots of gunfire) ?
    Wow, sorry, I totally misread the quote. Thanks!
    this game is way to complicated, too much options and no ammo also wtf health takes forever -dollayx8

Originally Posted by wheresmyskulgun
    This actually is quite frustrating to hear, especially after we had been told you could use explosives to open doors. Can anyone confirm this? It'd be a huge loss for multi-solution gameplay if it's true.
    Originally Posted by sajin
    You can. The guy you quote also says you can break doors with explosives (or lots of gunfire) ?
    All destructible objects have their own HP; apparently you can destroy a turret with a bin if you have the time to spend chucking it at it.

Whatever happened to that augmentation rumoured to be in the game that you see Jensen use in the early trailers? He see's through the wall identifying the weaponry and the guy's damaged arm, seems a bit deceptive now that I think about it. There is no localised damaged system at all and I don't think you can ID peoples weapons either. I remember it being stated that you could get that aug at some stage. But all you get is see through walls.

The loading times are probably fine.

On the PC

As for consoles..probably only if installed. If run from the disc, you'll be making tea while waiting i guess.

The loading times on the preview build are atrocious. Hope they're somewhat better in the final game.

Originally Posted by Charadesmith
    The loading times are probably fine.

On the PC

As for consoles..probably only if installed. If run from the disc, you'll be making tea while waiting i guess.
    You obviously didn't play the leaked build

Larry Tanng Here

I'm Larry Tanng, a serious gamer, ancient artifact collector, and a musician. I'm here simply for Deus Ex: HR.
    I believe the first two games were the best "type" of games ever invented. I'm here to give my first impression on Deus Ex: HR as soon as I've put my first couple of hours into the game, and a full review when I finish. Deus Ex is so dear to me that I will be very critical in my review, so please don't hate me if it's negative.

PS: I so hope to God I can still make my favorite gun in the new game: A poisoned dart gun with a scope and silencer.

Oh you'll see.

It seemed long to me but when you're loading the city it only takes approx 30 seconds. Loading smaller buildings like LIMB only takes 7 seconds. But I agree, it seems quite long and it's an immersion killer.

Originally Posted by Iron and Copper
    All destructible objects have their own HP; apparently you can destroy a turret with a bin if you have the time to spend chucking it at it.

Whatever happened to that augmentation rumoured to be in the game that you see Jensen use in the early trailers? He see's through the wall identifying the weaponry and the guy's damaged arm, seems a bit deceptive now that I think about it. There is no localised damaged system at all and I don't think you can ID peoples weapons either. I remember it being stated that you could get that aug at some stage. But all you get is see through walls.
    I'm pretty sure that's what they're talking about. CGI trailers are always cooler looking that the real thing, though I agree that it'd be a nice effect to have the little weapon-identifier pop up.
    this game is way to complicated, too much options and no ammo also wtf health takes forever -dollayx8

What happens to the patients' body parts?

For example: If you pay to have your perfectly functional arms hacked off by Sarif Industries and replaced with cyber-arms, what happens to your old limbs?

Am I tripping over an important plot thread for DX:HR? Is there a secret MJ-12 initiative to create people entirely out of recycled body parts? Is this important in some way?

Please note, I have NOT played the game. Any spoilers are purely coincidental...and unlikely. I trust Mary DeMarle to have come up with a miraculous twist that none of us could ever think of.

13. And now I think we're over thinking the plot. They're probably donated to scientific research or organ banks, or in worst cases no doubt simply thrown away in cases of heavily damaged body parts.
    Oft we walk the edge, never afraid, always curious.

BBQ

They take the old body parts home for their pets to chew on!
    http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/92773/deux_ex_logo_banner_qjpreviewth.jpg

They plaster them and give it to you as a gift

"Well, the human body contains many natural resources that can be re-purposed for various industrial applications."

"For example, human fat is excellent for making soap... learned that from Fight Club... good movie. Say, if you survive this next test, we should watch it together sometime. Uh, or not."

such as weapons testing.
    Doom befall you

I was thinking that they simply give these parts to people who choose traditional transplants.

Originally Posted by wheresmyskulgun
    I'm pretty sure that's what they're talking about. CGI trailers are always cooler looking that the real thing, though I agree that it'd be a nice effect to have the little weapon-identifier pop up.
    You can still see through walls, and identify the weapon. Putting a pop up would just clutter the screen, I mean, it is really that hard to remember all the weapons in the game?

Originally Posted by ocstew
    I was thinking that they simply give these parts to people who choose traditional transplants.
    I want to meet the person who got Adam body part in-game

I`m pretty sure all of the replaced parts were non reusable.
    Doom befall you

You might find them if you visit the local chineses takeaway...
    Giorgos Chronopoulos
    GioChronoStudios

Originally Posted by GioChrono
    You might find them if you visit the local chineses takeaway...
    So this why we go to Heng Sha

Yeah, maybe a side-mission is to go find his old arms lol
    Giorgos Chronopoulos
    GioChronoStudios

Page 167 of 347 First First ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... Last