View Poll Results: Do You Like Kurtis Trent?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 69.18%
  • No

49 30.82%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kurtis Trent

Kurtis Trent

Does anyone actually like Kurtis Trent?

NOOO!!!!

See my thread 'really hate Kurtis' for more details.
    His hair is lame. It's sjort to the back but sticks together over his eyes. HATRED!!

Yes, I do! I'm sorry, but he's pretty good looking, and has a great personality.

I'm sorry, ok! But he's pretty cool.

I like him, well, but he is not my favourite character, though...

No he has NO character and is a seedy low life who should never been introduced to this otherwise wonderful series. He has nothing to recomend him and I hated him from the first glimpse. Low life loser. Get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    No he has NO character and is a seedy low life who should never been introduced to this otherwise wonderful series. He has nothing to recomend him and I hated him from the first glimpse. Low life loser. Get lost.
    Finally someone who understands

of course,.. deep character, great storyline, and funny attitude, not to mention many powers no regular human possess,... shame he never made it after AOD into a spin of... would have been a great game...

perhaps if theres a TRAOD remake, we get to know his better side,...

I adore Kurtis. I suspect those who hate him do so because he got to touch Lara.

Quote Originally Posted by TombRaiderPrincess View Post
    NOOO!!!!

See my thread 'really hate Kurtis' for more details.
    His hair is lame. It's sjort to the back but sticks together over his eyes. HATRED!!
    cant believe you hate a character because of his hair,.. i mean,.. you are really a deep person are you?... really mature from you,.. wonder if you are going to start hating people for his skin colour, or for his sexuality,..

Quote Originally Posted by krycekuva View Post
    cant believe you hate a character because of his hair,.. i mean,.. you are really a deep person are you?... really mature from you,.. wonder if you are going to start hating people for his skin colour, or for his sexuality,..
    Look, TombRaiderPrincess is my friend so I know what she means. She hates Kurtis a lot not just about his haircut, she just chose to mention that. Seriously, she didn't mean it like that.

I find Curtis' entire appearance an insult and a sad sad thing to include in an otherwise fantastic game. AOD is a wonderful work of art, but he is a blight on any landscape. His appearance shrieks arrogance, sloth and indiffernece, and I suspect that there are or were rebel and arrogant subversives hidden on the development design staff that pushed such a figure on the game. He is in no way an appropriate match or reflection of Lara, and I am so glad he disappeared from history with no trace. Indeed I hope we never have to discuss him again. I don't plan to and if i could cut him out of the game and the game code i would. I do plan to edit screnshots of that portion of the game and to not include him in any reviews and research write ups i do for i consider him the most serious flaw in an otherwise fantastic game.

I have no problem with creative and strong figures, but to include the characteristics that they did in him was a sad statement on what they considered an appropriate male character to counterpart Lara. She is far from just a pretty face, her character and energy and strength have evolved into a remarkable architype over the series, tho there are popular parodies and some of the spin offs and take offs on her, and some of the people chosen to play her in the movies show how little the main stream understands her character and the true depth of the games.

In the end, Curtis will be not even a footnote in the history of this great series and I am very glad the Devel staff do listen and look at their own work and can see an major mistake and corrct it. Kudos to them.
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

*pssst! Its spelled with a 'K'

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    I find Curtis' entire appearance an insult and a sad sad thing to include in an otherwise fantastic game. AOD is a wonderful work of art, but he is a blight on any landscape...
    i almost agreed with you. i like kurtis, and i found his role quite necesary in the game. but,.. if i have to choose between a remake of AOD with out him, or no game at all because of him,.. then he is just gone.. still he is indeed part of AOD... as much as bouchard, boaz, or even karel. an AOD should be remake. perhaps this time without playing him partially, and just having him in cutscenes. but thats just my oppinion.

i would apply for an AOD remake where kurtis may not be able to be controlled, but instead lara being able to play his levels... sanitarium is one of the best levels in AOD and do need to be played.

yes I agree he shouldnt be plyable.

BTW. I remember there was a poll here about 5 years ago when aod was out. And there were a lot more votes and you can see more clearly who actuallt likes him. If memor serves me right , it was just like now in proportion but a lot more poeple voted. By this I mean that the results are almos even, but kurtis lovers were leading just enough

kurtis trent is perfect for lara! i loved the story line and the game!!!!
    i like the character, his story...
    so people who hate him are only jaelous that lara could have a boyfriend !!!!!!!!!

I reaaaaaaally dont think its a good idea lara to have a bf. Even though I like kurtis. SOmething liek this would kill teh franchise. and Lara's character is endangered as it is now

No one should like kurtis trent, he hasnt got any guns and he acts like laras side kick and he has to be with her like 24/7!! A message to Kurtis: Back off Lara you weirdo side kick.

Quote Originally Posted by TombLover View Post
    No one should like kurtis trent, he hasnt got any guns and he acts like laras side kick and he has to be with her like 24/7!! A message to Kurtis: Back off Lara you weirdo side kick.
    Well, I DO. And he does have guns. And he never has to be with her 24/7. All or your points are wrong.

I really like him. Such a hottie....

@Kami, wow those are fantastic!!
    Saving is fun, kids! Save constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
    Well, I DO. And he does have guns. And he never has to be with her 24/7. All or your points are wrong.
    Yeah, cuz he steals Laras guns..
    Me and LaraCroftRox wrote 24 pages of hatred about him. We're not wrong.

MWAHAHAAA!!!

No, I don't like him. He is sooooo boring to me....worst character ever...

I like Kurtis too.

Here's a nice picture of him and Lara together.

Quote Originally Posted by krycekuva View Post
    Wow, take it easy now. Just because TombRaiderPrincess doesn't like Kurtis's (who is a gamecharacter) hair doesn't mean she's doesn't like gays or that she is a racist. We gotta keep the line between the game-world and the real life.

---
    I like Kurtis. He seems to be an intelligent person

Kurtis and Lara should get together with when doves cry playing prince
    in the background imagine if core used that song in that scene -
    talk about HOT

what a voice hot hot hot go Kurtis. Lara and Kurtis should have kissed it would have
    made the game epic total epic. I would have died man

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast