Page 3 of 13 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Anticipating the HD Version

Anticipating the HD Version

Originally Posted by Dils

I heard character and aeon models are made completely from scratch, do you think this could be true?

If it's exactly like the other remastered games to come out recently I doubt it, but who knows. Konami went back and got all new voice actors for the Silent Hill 2 & 3 remasters so I guess anything is possible.

I think its possible we'll see significant changes, just because its SE and their enhanced ports tend to be quie good.

I wouldn't be disappointed in a straight port though.

I'm fairly sure they'll redo all the FMVs,

so uhhh.. this not like HD collections like MGS, Silent Hill, and Devil May Cry.

It would be nice if they include X-2 in it

I would have to agree Kelyue.

Got my fingers crossed hoping we see something today at the Sony conference or sometime this week.

This is certainly more likely to show than Versus XIII, as Sony are going to focus on Vita almost certainly. Fingers crossed indeed.

FFX HD wont be shown at E3 at all. We have to wait for Tokyo Game Show. I'm completely disapointed with Square Enix for having fans wait this long. We've waited approximately 9 months and still no news. I'm hoping this game is worth the long wait. Some piece of information needs to be talked about.

Anticipating the HD Remake

There has been a lot of rumor about prospective brand new Final Fantasy 10 on PS Vita remake with the cutting edge game engine that FF XIII used and I just wonder if this all going to be true in 2012....makes me wonder lol.

Has Square ever actually shown remasters and ports at big events, though? I certainly don't remember anything beyond magazine interviews and coverage.

I can't believe we didn't get a peep from Square Enix about FFX HD at E3 2012. Well, I hope they give us something at TGS 2012...

I really wish they would either include FFX-2 HD on the same disc and make it a collection, or to release FFX-2 HD separately eventually. I almost highly doubt they would do the latter at all though.

More so, I hope FFX HD is includes everything from FFX International. I want to fight Penance!

At this point this is the only game I'm looking forward enough to pre-order, and certainly the only thing I care about coming from Square Enix.

What's that Square Enix? No news on Versus XIII? After announcing it over 6 years ago? Big surprise! ...Oh, and you guys plan on milking Kingdom Hearts dry with unecessary spin-offs until no one cares, and THEN releasing Kingdom Hearts III? Good job, guys! Way to succesfully market your IPs! /sarcasm

I don't think this need another thread for the FFX remastered version. XD

Originally Posted by Nights

I would be very surprised if they were to make a KH Collection and it didn't come out for the PS3/Vita, and there WASN'T a downloadable option for it...Sony at the very least seems to be wanting to move in that direction for games (especially for 'flagship' titles).

I would normally bet against the downloadable version because once upon a time several hi ups in Square Co. said that they were against the digital distribution. I can't remember what exactly was the reason but I assume it has to do with the advertising. I believe this article came out right at the time of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Along with the fact that majority of people find a physical object to have more value than digital ownership. But now I believe that as far as the PS Vita, all games are required to have a digital option.

Originally Posted by Coddlefish

Has Square ever actually shown remasters and ports at big events, though? I certainly don't remember anything beyond magazine interviews and coverage.

I think Finest Fantasy For Advance was. I am surprised we haven't seen anything about this game. I wonder when they started work on it...

Hopefully we'll see something before TGS.

Ah, good to know. I was actually wondering about that particularly- if Finest Fantasy for Advance got shown, it's not absurd to think they'd show X HD.

Can't you see?!?!?!

They're remaking it with the engine from XIII!

>>

Kidding.

No idea why we haven't seen a single screen yet, SE just being SE I guess..

Originally Posted by Tiael
    Can't you see?!?!?!

They're remaking it with the engine from XIII!

>>

Kidding.

No idea why we haven't seen a single screen yet, SE just being SE I guess..
    My guess is that either they didn't start working on it till after they announced it, they just wanted to announce it at TGS.

Or..they've run into difficulties. Not to say that they'll give up on it, they never would. But it wouldn't surprise me if they found out it was going to need a lot more work than they originally thought. The FMVs will need redoing, there are several pre-rendered backgrounds, we don't know how the fixed camera will be affected by widescreen.

I don't think we'll see a full remake, but I think people will be surprised by the changes. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw new character models.

I'm sure we'll see it later this year at TGS, Jump Festa or SE's event, probably finally get some Versus info as well.

Would be funny if the remastered version used the graphics that they showed off at E3.

I just hope to god that they release it as the International Version. I was super bummed when I heard that the International version wasn't being released in the US. Please Square-Enix, make it the International Version!

Originally Posted by Enoc

I just hope to god that they release it as the International Version. I was super bummed when I heard that the International version wasn't being released in the US. Please Square-Enix, make it the International Version!

Same here. We always miss out on the extra content from the International for Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Originally Posted by Squall-Nathan

Same here. We always miss out on the extra content from the International for Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

I would be pretty surprised if we didnt get any of the international content this time. All of it already has an english dub, and I dont think they would take away content from EU, who only got that version.

Isn't it funny how they're called "International Edition" yet they are never released outside of Japan?

Originally Posted by Pocamantis
    Isn't it funny how they're called "International Edition" yet they are never released outside of Japan?

It's rather supposed to bring to attention that the game was changed for international (NA/EU) release (also, English voice acting) though they end up making other changes afterwards.

Originally Posted by Pocamantis

Final Fantasy X International was released outsideof Japan.

Yes X International has english in it and a HDD load if your into that.

So when will we see the HD remake? TGS? D: I need this game again in my life.

Page 3 of 13 First First 1234567 ... Last