Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yes Natla, I WILL JOIN YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Well, eventually you'd start conquering each other... it would be inevitable from day 1, you'd plan to take over the world while really plan on taking out natla's forces...
    and even when you do your 'generals' can still rebel against each other...
    or the whole atlantean army rebels against you...
    Not unless you offer them what they want and need. Give them that, and you've got an army that will respect you and take on your every demand.... unless they are asking for too much. Only when they are happy with the way things are going, there will be no revoke.

Ok, now I'm actually scaring myself. How do I know all of this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
    Not unless you offer them what they want and need. Give them that, and you've got an army that will respect you and take on your every demand.... unless they are asking for too much. Only when they are happy with the way things are going, there will be no revoke.

Ok, now I'm actually scaring myself. How do I know all of this?!
    Well, see an army is (arguably) for protection and conquest...
    Well, the atlantean army would soon become useless after taking over the whole world, see, and what d'ya do with a whole load of mutant creatures bent on conquest, when there's nothing else to conquer?
    Civil war, or something along the lines...
    Although once that stage was met I do doubt that you could keep all your generals/commanders within the atlantean army heirachy happy...
    Genocide of the atlantean mutants gives same revolutionary war...

And then you've got to consider other bad people and stuff wanting to take over world from an 'underground' position...

What happens in George Orwell's '1984' is that there's 3 superpowers than can't kill each other, even if they go 2 v 1... and so it's constant global warfare... (Or at least that's what I think happens...)

(Oh, and how you know so much? deja vu maybe?)

Well, see an army is (arguably) for protection and conquest...
    Well, the atlantean army would soon become useless after taking over the whole world, see, and what d'ya do with a whole load of mutant creatures bent on conquest, when there's nothing else to conquer?
    Civil war, or something along the lines...
    Although once that stage was met I do doubt that you could keep all your generals/commanders within the atlantean army heirachy happy...
    Genocide of the atlantean mutants gives same revolutionary war...

And then you've got to consider other bad people and stuff wanting to take over world from an 'underground' position...

What happens in George Orwell's '1984' is that there's 3 superpowers than can't kill each other, even if they go 2 v 1... and so it's constant global warfare... (Or at least that's what I think happens...)

(Oh, and how you know so much? deja vu maybe?)
    Damn it RG, How did you know?? I HAVE taken over the world before. Silly me for forgetting!

Ok, maybe there WILL be no Judgement Day. Surely robots are going to be smart enough to work that out?

Either way, I'd still say yes. Never pass up an opportunity!

Ok, maybe there WILL be no Judgement Day.
    There is no stopping Judgement Day... only delaying it.

Come with me if you want to live...

Ah, I love the terminator movies... deep concept and all too.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I wouldn't either. I really don't like Natla, and the thought of being with her and work together with her, scares me
    Perhaps..... I mean, I'd say yes and then just as Natla makes me immortal, I'd go and incase her in the crystal thing again. Then I'LL take over the world with my Atlantean Army.....

It's all part of my evil plan!! Mwahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by RUGRLN View Post
    Hehe...good point!

I dunno, I might not, maybe yes, hard to say!
    I'd probably say: 'Can I think this over at home?.. '
    All of u are so funny!!!!!
    I wouldn't though I HATE NATLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no stopping Judgement Day... only delaying it.

Come with me if you want to live...

Ah, I love the terminator movies... deep concept and all too.
    I love 'em too, and also I, Robot is great (partly because chucks make a starring appearance). I just love the concepts of taking over the world, world domination, etc...... maybe that's why I love playing TR, except in reverse.

I would have loved to see an alternate ending in TRA if Lara said yes.... that would be cool.

I've just noticed when I played through the other day, there are alot of quotes where the character suggests that they know Lara, and then she does something that surprises them. Examples:

1. Pierre: "Don't be absurd. No job is worth dying for?"

Lara: "Yes, it is."

2. Larson: "That's just not who you are."

Lara: I'm not who you think I am."

3. Natla: "That's who you are."

Lara: "I'm sorry Father." *Bang Bang*

Natla: "No!"

It's like CD are trying to tell us that we really don't know who Lara is - no one does.

It's like CD are trying to tell us that we really don't know who Lara is - no one does.
    I like where this is going...

"And we assume Lara wouldn't be evil and take over the world?"

Hehe

I like where this is going...

"And we assume Lara wouldn't be evil and take over the world?"

Hehe
    Exactly. And now we find out that the Underworld plot is about Lara putting the world at stake for "her own selfish desire" quote Natla.

I think I'm onto something here!

Exactly. And now we find out that the Underworld plot is about Lara putting the world at stake for "her own selfish desire" quote Natla.

I think I'm onto something here!
    I think it would be cool if we could make Lara decide either way... and then the levels change from that. I know this would take a fair amount to make...
    but I think it's nice when the moral choices of the player affect the game.

I think it would be cool if we could make Lara decide either way... and then the levels change from that. I know this would take a fair amount to make...
    but I think it's nice when the moral choices of the player affect the game.
    They tried to do that in AoD, but the choices you made weren't very big. The only times it really mattered what you said was when you are talking to Bernard (he shoots you if you are nasty, and it's a cinematic so you can't do anything about it) and to Lud, he decides not to help you ("You unsavory little runt!" ).

Edit: The Lud thing is meant to be the name of the reporter, by the way. Silly censors!

Silly censors!
    I typed a post all in capitals once... and it did it to small caps... clever censor in that case. I'll try it again:

EDIT: No, It must've been the whole post in caps.... darn.

EDIT: Looked up the name of that reporter. LOL it got censored in the forums...

I typed a post all in capitals once... and it did it to small caps... clever censor in that case. I'll try it again:

EDIT: No, It must've been the whole post in caps.... darn.

EDIT: Looked up the name of that reporter. LOL it got censored in the forums...
    Yeah, that's annoying. It's JUST a name! I'm not swearing!

But anyways, I like how CD had the little clue about how we don't really know Lara. It adds more mystery! And it makes us think twice about what we really know. When I listened to the commentaries, Toby said how they wanted to show us what a hard choice it was for Lara to turn Natla down, so she's definitely not who we think she is!

Yeah, that's annoying. It's JUST a name! I'm not swearing!

But anyways, I like how CD had the little clue about how we don't really know Lara. It adds more mystery! And it makes us think twice about what we really know. When I listened to the commentaries, Toby said how they wanted to show us what a hard choice it was for Lara to turn Natla down, so she's definitely not who we think she is!
    I'm tempted to try and swear and test the censor... but the censor dev's probably did that for me, so I don't need to try. (Lucky me...)

I do wonder if Lara could succeed in being evil... I do wonder why she turned it down.... I know it was sort of evil and stuff...
    Although Natla did say something like: "...but what are a few lives for the price of immortality?"... maybe Lara wouldn't be willing to sacrifice. (But Rachie would.... hehe)

I do wonder if Lara could succeed in being evil... I do wonder why she turned it down.... I know it was sort of evil and stuff...
    Although Natla did say something like: "...but what are a few lives for the price of immortality?"... maybe Lara wouldn't be willing to sacrifice. (But Rachie would.... hehe)
    She could, easy. But I know she wouldn't. Why she turned Natla down.... I don't know. Maybe because of her Father, or maybe both her parents. She apologized to him for her decision on destroying the scion, but even then she looked undecided, like she was saying sorry for saying yes, then changed her mind?

She looks at her hands a lot too, because of the blood (in my game, I only see blood on the Catsuit and Camouflage outfits. Does that happen on yours?), so she obviously decided she couldn't kill again, or something. Whatever she thought, it helped her decide.

She was really struggling to decide though.

She could, easy. But I know she wouldn't. Why she turned Natla down.... I don't know. Maybe because of her Father, or maybe both her parents. She apologized to him for her decision on destroying the scion, but even then she looked undecided, like she was saying sorry for saying yes, then changed her mind?

She looks at her hands a lot too, because of the blood (in my game, I only see blood on the Catsuit and Camouflage outfits. Does that happen on yours?), so she obviously decided she couldn't kill again, or something. Whatever she thought, it helped her decide.

She was really struggling to decide though.
    Honestly, I haven't gone through and checked for blood with all the outfits...

I do love that bit in the game... so dramatic. Possibly the most dramatic bit in the game.

Honestly, I haven't gone through and checked for blood with all the outfits...

I do love that bit in the game... so dramatic. Possibly the most dramatic bit in the game.
    Yes, that and killing Larson. And maybe at the end with Natla.

Go and check with the outfits, will you? It's really annoying. I thought it was a muck-up from CD when I first played through, but it isn't.

Yes, that and killing Larson. And maybe at the end with Natla.

Go and check with the outfits, will you? It's really annoying. I thought it was a muck-up from CD when I first played through, but it isn't.
    "It's on my to do list"... I love that line from Shrek...
    The ending of TRA wasn't so dramatic. I suppose I'm comparing it to TRL final cutscene.

"It's on my to do list"... I love that line from Shrek...
    The ending of TRA wasn't so dramatic. I suppose I'm comparing it to TRL final cutscene.
    Oh yeah, that was REALLY REALLY good. We get that, and killing Larson and choosing good or evil cinematics CD, and we'll be in love with you. Seriously.

I would say no because i think Natla was lying and she would kill me next.
    IMO the imortality that natla offered was a trap for killing Lara, In Egypt natla wanted to kill her, so...

Quote Originally Posted by TwinPistols View Post
    IMO the imortality that natla offered was a trap for killing Lara, In Egypt natla wanted to kill her, so...
    Well... in Egypt Natla wanted the scion pieces, and she got them. Killing Lara was probably more of a side...

It did "take 3 to rule", so Natla might actually have been sincere in this offer... (and she was pretty angry at Lara...)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinPistols View Post
    Not really, after Lara escaped and came to the Lost Island Natla saw what she was capable of and "how far she was willing to go", so she decided that Lara was a valuable pawn in her scheme for world domination. With Lara, Natla would have all the obstacles out of her way, and would be unstoppable.

Not really, after Lara escaped and came to the Lost Island Natla saw what she was capable of and "how far she was willing to go", so she decided that Lara was a valuable pawn in her scheme for world domination. With Lara, Natla would have all the obstacles out of her way, and would be unstoppable.
    And Rachie would want to join too...

And Rachie would want to join too...
    Hell yeah I would! Us three woman, the three Queens of Atlantis. It has a nice edge, don't you think?

Hell yeah I would! Us three woman, the three Queens of Atlantis. It has a nice edge, don't you think?
    Not so much as "Emperor of the Seventh Age"...

Not so much as "Emperor of the Seventh Age"...
    Ohh! A Challenger! Nothing will stand in the way of the Triumvirate and the Seventh Age!!!

(Another epiphany): When I was playing TRA the other day, I watched the cinematic for Natla being banished, and she says something like:

"It cannot be stopped! The wheels of Kather-whatever are already in motion."

Oh, hello! What are the wheels of .... thingy? This has something to do with the Seventh Age (which in my theory is what Underworld is all about), so where do they come in? What do they do?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast