Thread: how Tidus' name is really pronounced and i can prove it!

how Tidus' name is really pronounced and i can prove it!

how Tidus' name is really pronounced and i can prove it!

alright guys i know its random but i gotta get this out
    Tidus's name is NOT pronounced Tee-dus but instead "Tie-dus" or "tie-tis" if you say it fast and i can prove it
    Final Fantasy X has a obvious water theme
    along with waves, tides, and ocean flow
    spheres look like orbs of flowing water
    the blitzball arena is a giant ball of water being held in an invisible circular barrier yet the water is constantly moving
    once you make it through mt gagazet theres a giant pool of water Flowing up by the Fayth that breaks into more round drops/orbs of water with each dream in it
    Yuna does her first sending over water that bursts up under her and flows like a giant spout
    Tidus reaches Besaid from the TIDE washing him almost ashore
    then he woke up in the water in x-2
    hes a great swimmer, and a giant TIDAL wave was around Sin when auron was on that pillar and Sin came to destroy Dream Zanarkand.
    right now thats all i can think of and if you look at the game a bunch of other things involving the main character and Tides come together
    thus why Tidus's is pronounced exactly how its spelled being "Tide-us"

i know what dissidia said but they had to go with japanese pronounciation where the capitol I sound does not exist except in rare conditions

http://youtu.be/j4mprxW7Apg

@2:08 she said tee-dus.

that just made my ears bleed....damn japanese pronunciation.....heck even "Tide" is pronounced "Teedu" or something like that.....im telling you...its Tie-dus....i just proved it!

no really thinking about it
    that game is a total water theme
    why would they name the main character who is in sync with water teedus?
    that makes no sense....and if you think a tide brings something to shore
    in the beginning of X and the good or great or whatever! the ending where he comes back hes in the water!

The Japanese pronunciation is teeda.

No offense, buddy, but what's the point of debating about Tidus' pronunciation? Does it really matter if it's "teeda", "tie dus" or "tidu-tso-teku"?
    Just use the pronunciation you're comfortable with, and that's it. ^_^

I saw several times, in the same cutscene, two characters using two different pronunciations for the same word.

well....i just couldnt hold it in anymore....it was like no one put 2 and 2 together.....but i guess thats a good idea...but you see why i say its tie-dus right??

I understand. I do say "tie-dus" too, so I agree with you

In SE games too, there is two pronunciations.
    - FF X/ X-2 HD Audio Drama or Kingdom Hearts 1 = "tee dus"
    - Kingdom Hearts II = "tie dus"

This mean that two pronunciations can be "officially" used.

"ToMAYto / ToMAHto"

ive always said TEE-dus aswell, it sounds more natural

so i agree with: http://youtu.be/j4mprxW7Apg

*siiiighs* well i guess alanman is riight...tomayto tomahto....*Siiighs* guess it is whatever its gonna be....but still...i still say its tie-dus....or tie-dis if you say it fast....buuuut, although i dont agree with your opinion i respect your right to say it and will defend that right to the death~, respect ^^