Thread: Shame.

Shame.

I'm about to get all soppy here now.

But i have/ was thinking the last few days after talking to a few people on this site, that i will never see them in my life. Most likely.
    I have met so many great friends off this site, and knowing that I most likly will never see them face to face, in my life makes me feel kinda sad. Not upset.
    I know that sounds really sad mostly likey, but most forums people on there are rude and you just don't want to get to know them but on here. I have got in contact with quite a few and they are even more amazing people talkin via MSN then on the forums!
    I'm probally the only one feeling like this but does any one else think that it's a shame you meet someone on here and you mostly never going to see them.
    Defferently people who live in over country's.
    Yeah, once again that's just been going through my mind and it was a lot harder to write then what I thought
    Signitures are cool.... But so are pictures

Good for you, Tomb-Dude, for expressing your thoughts.

From the little bit that I had known about forums in the past, it did seem that many people are just plain rude. Of course, it's easy to be rude when one is anonymous, but I know that for me, rude was never something I wanted a virtual likeness of myself to be portrayed as.

As you have seen, there are many great members on this forum. And yes, there are members I would love to meet whom I'm sad to say I will likely never meet.

Oh well, you never know. People do go on vacations from time to time...

Edit: I'm thinking Aunty Rai is about to show up hehe.

Smile

Aww, that's sweet, T-D. I know how you feel. There are some great people on here and everyone's so friendly.

You should just cherish those conversations you have on MSN etc. I'm not too forward, so I don't have many contacts like that. But I do really enjoy coming to the forums.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how nice it would be to meet people face to face. It's kinda surreal talking to faceless friends . I'm just glad they're here and will respond if you have something to say.

I think it is great that you feel comfortable enough to reveal how you feel. That's rare and very heart warming.

Where's that hug smiley when you need it? *hugs*

EDIT: How did Uncle Teddy know?

Wink

Every little while groups of Eidos Forum members do get together. It just depends on how strong the bonds formed have become, and the will of those who wish to meet.

Do not give up an idea like that, since there are plenty of precedents here on our little forum.

As for being the most friendly, yes, it is, and I hope always will be. Sometimes people just need to be reminded that this is no place for that low behavior they indulge in otherwhere.

Wink

thts rele nice from u TD ur a great guy to talk to and i wish tht i can see u face to face , not just him all of u guys
    hehe i once had a dream tht we all (Eidos ppl) going out to dinner in london sounds cool right, i wish this dream comes true
    UR Nothin But WOMANIZER

My age is the restriction to meeting people on these forums, 15. Bummer that is. Most forums i probally could of actually expressed that but like other people said it's a friendly forum, sometimes i might come across as rude. Either because i get really annoyed or it's by accident, had a bad day and my typing expresses the way i feel.
    Yeah, So many great people. It is amazing who you can meet on the forums

I understand where you're coming from on this. There are a number of people that I would like to sit down and chat with. Although this forum is a nice place to visit with people, a computer screen doesn't render the personal touch that a face to face will. I would like to hear their voices, hear them laugh, watch their eyes as they tell a story. Not in this life? Maybe in the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy 54 View Post
    I understand where you're coming from on this. There are a number of people that I would like to sit down and chat with. Although this forum is a nice place to visit with people, a computer screen doesn't render the personal touch that a face to face will. I would like to hear their voices, hear them laugh, watch their eyes as they tell a story. Not in this life? Maybe in the next.
    Totally agree.
    I've seen pictures of people and sometimes the picture amazes me, as i have told a few people becuase they don't look like what i expected.
    Because trying to put a face to words is really hard, that's why i like the idea of these community pictures. So ever now and then you can see the differences of people kind of like you see them every now and then.
    But face to face is better, hereing the voice and laugh and well it's a different experiance, but knowing me to begin with i would be quite shy, take a while to actually become my self.

It's a nice site when bullying isn't on the menu.

Never say never Tomb Dude ... your age may be a restriction, but thats only atm ... you won't always be huni 15

Over the last few years I've met in excess of 25 people who I would never have met but for Tombraider forums, and yes some from other countries too.

Our Dearest Staticon is to be included

But the other problem is some of these people are like in there 20's or older depending or younger. It's rele a mix and match
    But I would like to meet up one day, after.... Well one day. But next year i got college for 2 years and then im hoping to do a course a uni course which maybe two things in one or something like that if im lucky otherwise when i finish uni i will have to do another year of training. Wow, I might be like 24 or something like that... by the end of it. Wow that seems a longtime.

But I just think it's great that I found so many great people on these forums.

Interesting you should bring this up Dude. It's always on my mind, not necessarily forum people, but people in your life. I'm haunted by people who have gone, not really in a bad way, they're just always around in my memory. Some of them have died, but many more have just drifted away.
    I've made a lot of good friend on the internet too over the years. Mostly through peer-to-peer simulators and corresponding IRC chat rooms But as our lives changed and the games died out, we drifted apart. I really miss all of those guys I spent so much time with online; nothing lasts forever and things change.

This forum is a really good one because of the really vital core members. I rarely stick with forums for too long but after visiting this forum I saw what a good community it was and is. I was sucked in, or more like invited in to some ones warm and cozy home. (BTW, Thanks for asking me to make myself at home forumites )

It's a nice site when bullying isn't on the menu
    Sure, there is that, but you get that where ever people gather, it's part of the deal I think

does any one else think that it's a shame you meet someone on here and you mostly never going to see them
    This is a kind of "glass half full or half empty" thing really. I'm usually pretty cynical and I side with the glass being half empty. BUT, not in this case! Think of it this way Dude, you would have never met all of the great people here were in not for this marvel of the internet. The distance might make it impractical to expect to meet any of us, but on the other hand, we're never further away than our keyboards Consider yourself lucky and your horizons widened!!!
    One thing though, and keep this in mind, every thing comes to an end, so make the most of it while you can. Sad, yes, but also enriching, if only via memory

Thumbs Up

Blowhard, that is so true. I find most spots on the net filled with obnoxiousness, and I rail against any I see here. Friendships are made in nice communities like this one, but not everyone gets along, as in real life. And for those you do not want to meet, there is always the Ignore function.

Diva and I know about those long lists of face-to-face meetings. I think there sometimes has to be a disclaimer to meetings though: Do Not Try This At Home. These Are Trained Professionals.

I could still think of several who I have not yet had the pleasure of personally meeting, but who I would gladly share a tea and cake with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai004 View Post
    Yeah, sometimes I wonder how nice it would be to meet people face to face.
    But then you'd see just how hideously ugly I really was. Much safer behind a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Diva View Post
    Our Dearest Staticon is to be included
    Yes, and you've only just recovered after five years therapy.

But, have no fear. I'm working on becoming invisible.

Did you mention cake young Miss Cat?
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

I just think it would be nice, to meet a few people from Edios, but maybe in a few years i might be busy flying around the world being a world famous photographer (I Wish)
    But yeah, evening seeing the pictures on the community photos are nice because it builds a bit more of a picture to the words, if you know what i mean.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by staticon View Post
    Did you mention cake young Miss Cat?
    Indeed I did. Tell me you are coming, I will bake one...or 3, hehehe.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail View Post
    Indeed I did. Tell me you are coming, I will bake one...or 3, hehehe.
    Can I come too?

It's nice to know that there's another lady out there who bakes. We're a dying breed Miss cat

Admittedly, I don't have much cause to bake these days but I used to make a lot of pies and quiches when married. Not too hot with cakes though - as in proper big cakes with layers.

Here's one of my almost burnt prawn flans to whet your appetite (yes, I know, it's sad to think I actually took a picture of a flan but I was testing my new camera, honest! )

Oh my God!

Now pies and quiches have been mentioned.

I will have to seriously consider coming out from behind my screen for a feast - but where to go first?

Smile

You read my mind (again), Stat.

Mmmm, quiche.

I would head for Lo's prawn flan, but you're in much closer proximity to said flan. Save me a piece, Lo! And Cat, I can't think of a better desert than a piece of your cake (and cookies)!

Ooooh, what is that? Looks yummy.

Yes, this is a fine forum and i agree with Lo on the bulling issue as well.
    this is the i would say downside of the net, that perhaps you cnat meet poeple in person, because their in a different country all travel reasons.

the net is constantly getting wider and communication is getting better and better.

althought a lot of forums have got rules they never abide by and just plain ridiculous posts and no one bothers to report them or edit them out.

I just hope eidos forum stays secure, although depends what people type, how you read it and if you can actually see it in the first place

Keep up the good work admin, just dont let it slip.

If something serious does happen, do something about it, sometimes its hard to tell, but it is there

I'm happy i think i just organised to meet up with someone who use to be on these forums within a year and a bit when i learn to drive and am in my second year of college
    You all know him Phlip but i've been talking to him on MSN and we both agreed that it would be exellent for us to meet up. So when I pass and get to know the road a bit more my first long journey is most likely to be up to his place
    Can't wait! If it is going to happen!!!! He is such a funny guy. Well like someone said never say never!
    He seems very pleased lets say that, and i'm a happy person i might of organised to meet someone even if it is in a year and a bit.

Cool heads or tails?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb-Dude View Post
    I'm happy i think i just organised to meet up with someone ...
    ... maybe, in a year, the compulsion to meet someone from the forums will have subsided ...

que sera, sera.

@Tomb-Dude
    You could kill two birds with one stone if you ever went to visit Phlip. I only live about 35 miles away from him

I worked out i will be in my second year of college by then and i might plan it so its in the half term. But that is if have learnt to drvie by January 2010 I think, but it seems such a long way away. But its only a year and 5 months really.
    But yeah that would be good, and since im 17 next year that will be quite good but the only down fall Spong if we go to the pub i will still be ordering cokes

But yeah, seems like a good thing to do and I really hope i do keep to this. Even though it will be in a while.