Thread: Odd ledge in Obelisk of Khamoon...

Cool Odd ledge in Obelisk of Khamoon...

Just a quickie...

I found this ledge during Obelisk of Khamoon on the PS2 version of Anniversary ages & ages ago but forgot about it until I was going through the PC version today. I decided to have a look to see if it was there and, lo and behold, it was
    As I said, it's in the Obelisk of Khamoon. It's at the top of that really tall nightmare room with the golden ankh switch to activate the raising platform at the start (the room where you trigger the timed swing-pole to collect the artefact at the top).

Here's the "ledge" from various angles (click on the thumbs)...

Anyway, I just wanted to share and ask if anyone else had found it?

Whoa ! I've never seen it before, but I've always been concentrating so hard on making sure I can do the grapple. How do you manage to get Lara to grab it?

Good find...I may try and see if I can find it. But I'm not so good at finds like these, I'm much better with the blinding obvious!

I found it by accident on the PS2 version originally, I just slipped off the edge of the ledge above and was a little slow on pressing the grab button (I play with the Manual Grab on). It was a genuine moment of panic when I missed the edge of the ledge, but that quickly changed to bewilderment and then laughter when Lara grabbed the seemingly invisible shimmy ledge.
    When I got those pics today, I just swung across on the swing-pole (you can see it in the last pic), turned round, walked off the ledge and grabbed the edge, let go of grab and then held it again a second later. It seems to work every-single time.

Ah, I guess you need auto-grab off. I'm rubbish when using manual grab. I may try it just to see if this ledge is there.

That is SO neat! I've always wanted to discover something new in a TR game, like a glitch or a bug, or even a mysterious invisible ledge! Good job! Thats pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai004
    Ah, I guess you need auto-grab off...
    Not entirely sure about that. I think, even with the Manual Grab off, you can press Roll/Crouch to make Lara let go of a ledge. So you should be able to hang from the ledge above and just press Roll/Crouch to drop to the invisible one.

Give it a whirl, it's bound to freak you out the first time because it's such a looong way down

I will try this when I get there. Does it help in any way?

There seems to be absolutely no point to the invisible shimmy ledge at all.
    In pic 4 it looks as though Lara could do a lateral jump and use the grapple point on the wall just in front of her, but she won't, she jumps past it and falls to her death.

Oooh, it works! Sweet.

Maybe it was an intended ledge but the programmers changed their minds and hid it? I dunno, but it's one of the cooler glitches.

That's good to hear Rai

I was thinking about why it's there earlier this evening and the only thing I can come up with is that maybe it was meant to be a kind of "safety net" for the swing-pole above. If you somehow missed grabbing the actual ledge, then the shimmy ledge beneath would have been there as a second chance.

Maybe?

Yep, it works, even with autograb

I found another one in Obelisk of Khamoon. On the high climb, there's one below the first pillar Lara back jumps to. I found it when I forgot to vault to the higher ledge before backjumping to the ledge behind. She just stood there on air for a while, then tied her shoe. I was able to turn her around and jump back to the platform, but as I was racing for the artifact, it didn't "save" me.

Hey Lisa, could you make a screen of it?

LOL it looks pretty funny Lara is hanging in.. nothing
    It must be some kind of a bug.

I don't know how. I'm replaying it on my PS3.

I think this is the ledge Lisa was talking of:

Maybe.

Cool! Nice find Lisa
    I've found it too now...

Thanks for the description (and your pic Rai ). I'm sure I've made the mistake of jumping back from that lower ledge on the pillar before and falling to my death though
    But the "ledge" is definitely there, I tried it a few times. It isn't all that big though, Lara can only creep around a small area and she won't grab anything if she slips off

will it work on PS2?

Me thinks someone has been following links from another thread
    To answer your question Tessa, look at the first sentence of my opening post...

cool

i'll try that l8er 2day with invisible ledge glitch, i have found loads of glitches on legend for xbox 360

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    Just a quickie...

I found this ledge during Obelisk of Khamoon on the PS2 version of Anniversary ages & ages ago but forgot about it until I was going through the PC version today. I decided to have a look to see if it was there and, lo and behold, it was
    As I said, it's in the Obelisk of Khamoon. It's at the top of that really tall nightmare room with the golden ankh switch to activate the raising platform at the start (the room where you trigger the timed swing-pole to collect the artefact at the top).

Here's the "ledge" from various angles (click on the thumbs)...

Anyway, I just wanted to share and ask if anyone else had found it?
    yepp, have found that one too..by accident..I was going to the far right corner just get down again and when I pressed the roll button (wich makes lara let go) she suddenly grabbed a invisible ledge! I was like LOL!