Thread: Future human classes...

Future human classes...

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    Neveretheless, it's still predominately made out of leathery materials apart from in crucial areas, and quite a long way away from the full-body plate armour you see the Sarafan Warrior Inquisitors wear when confronted by wraith-Raziel in LOK:SR2.
    What about this? This seems like pretty light armor:
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...efiance%29.jpg

This one looks like chain mail. Could they manage that?
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...an-Concept.jpg

And I'd love to see this somewhere. Tough to explain plotwise though:
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...efiance%29.jpg
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    This one looks like chain mail. Could they manage that?
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...an-Concept.jpg
    Yes, that does seem plausible although right now we're focusing on creating new Human classes rather than revisiting old ones. Could make for some nice new skins if we were to revisit the roster for the Ironguard, though!
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Yes, that does seem plausible although right now we're focusing on creating new Human classes rather than revisiting old ones. Could make for some nice new skins if we were to revisit the roster for the Ironguard, though!
    I was only responding to what Lord_Aevum was saying about the Sarafan not being around in this era and trying to point out to Khalith that the Ironguard are the closest thing this era has to Sarafan. It was only a suggestion of a way to make the connection more noticeable.

I'm not saying any of this should be made the priority.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I was only responding to what Lord_Aevum was saying about the Sarafan not being around in this era
    Don't know why, since I wasn't saying anything to preclude Sarafan impersonators or Sarafan wannabes, but rather somebody who expressed a wish to play as an actual Sarafan knight in this game.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

humans should have some mage class with fire or energy spells ,it will be their big area of damage unit with long cooldown (powerfull but with the need to think what are doing and not going rambo or all you powers will be in cooldown and you are helpless)

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Don't know why, since I wasn't saying anything to preclude Sarafan impersonators or Sarafan wannabes, but rather somebody who expressed a wish to play as an actual Sarafan knight in this game.
    I wasn't sure if you were against the idea or not, so my response was kind of an addendum.

I was thinking about something. The Elder God used Moebius to purge the vampires as he cannot do it himself, even though he possesses omniscience (and omnipotence). In Soul Reaver era, vampires are far from being eradicated. They are still there, but reduced to be atrocious beasts. The Elder God used Raziel to purge them, most specificaly his brothers who were the best of their kind. With them dead, and knowing about the fate of Kain and Raziel (being dead/imprisoned in the past), the world is his for the taking.
    Back to the era between Raziel's execution and return, there is almost a millenium. And the Elder God would need power to destroy his sworn ennemies. So, I was thinking, one of the human class could be some kind of worshippers of the Elder God (of course, they wouldn't know about his true nature, like his past pawns such as Moebius), an holy order sharing a divine vision of a healed world, in which the Wheel of fate (or something close to it) could turn, as the Elder God loves mystical concepts. It could be associated in some way to nature (the nature of the world, and existence) and so to Bane. That order would be in some way a counterpart of the Alchemists. This order could also be present in Soul Reaver era, waiting for Raziel to kill his brothers and then disappear in the Chronoplast to launch an assault on every vampire on Nosgoth (and dispose of the human forces in the human citadel too, ensuring the Elder God to act without interference). So, what do you think of that?

I love the idea of a class related in some way to the Elder God. That would be the perfect occasion to link the «true enemy» to Nosgoth, thus making the game more even like LoK. That would shut the mouth of the haters out there

I'd like to see a sword and shield class like a Knight. The left M.button could function as a melee attack for the sword, holding it down power attacks like the Vamps. The Right M.button could be to raise the shield, which reduces damage from the front but reduces speed.

Abilities could include a shield bash that knocks back or stuns vamps, perfect for knocking those pesky Reavers off your team-mate. Another ability could be an impaling lunge with the sword that deals significant damage.

Sidegrades for the shield could be a shield charge that dashes the Knight forward a short distance, stunning or knocking back any targets in the path. Or a javelin/spear throw ability with range but reduced damage instead of the sword impale.

The big question is with a class like this, do you make the sword and shield a pair, or separate items for the store items?

On one hand you could make them matched combos, like a sword with less damage and a shield with higher damage reduction for instance. But on the other hand you could make some pretty interesting combos by letting them be seperate. Like a sword that deals lots of damage, but swings slowly, but you also have a shield that can reduce damage a lot; Or a spiked shield that reduces less damage, but deals a small amount of damage when a Vampire attacks you while blocking.

Personally I would go with the sets rather than making them individual items.

Just an idea.

[Edited for spelling]

Originally Posted by Eminent
    I'd like to see a sword and shield class like a Knight. The left M.button could function as a melee attack for the sword, holding it down power attacks like the Vamps. The Right M.button could be to raise the shield, which reduces damage from the front but reduces speed.

Abilities could include a shield bash that knocks back or stuns vamps, perfect for knocking those pesky Reavers off your team-mate. Another ability could be an impaling lunge with the sword that deals significant damage.
    Not sure this would work as Humans are ranged rather than melee, but the javelin idea is a good one!

Not sure this would work as Humans are ranged rather than melee, but the javelin idea is a good one!
    Did you see my suggestion about an atlatl?
    http://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/n...ols/atlatl.htm

Also, when it comes to spear weapons, remember how Raziel would always miss in SR1 when you tried to impale a vampire who wasn't stunned? They're also kind of useless at close range if you can't pull your arm back far enough to stab the enemy with the sharp end. For that reason, they couldn't really be exploited as a melee weapon as the best you could do is blunt attacks which would do very little damage to a vampire.

Also, when it comes to spear weapons, remember how Raziel would always miss in SR1 when you tried to impale a vampire who wasn't stunned? They're also kind of useless at close range if you can't pull your arm back far enough to stab the enemy with the sharp end. For that reason, they couldn't really be exploited as a melee weapon as the best you could do is blunt attacks which would do very little damage to a vampire.
    I think the atlatl is quite a good way to get round that. Although maybe Raziel just wasn't very good at getting them to fly true. You could compensate on the force with better accuracy. None of the humans could match Raziel on the spear force chucking. But if they've spent years practising, they might have a better chance against some of the more squishy vampires. I thought some kind of boomerang with the potential to cut off heads might be quite cool. Like dis:

http://youtu.be/EFuzGU1wXq8

Neck is a weak point on anything, as well, as often above the level of a breastplate.

(N.B. I realised this rather an obvious point, unless your head is in the wrong place).
    Last edited by Sluagh; 26th Feb 2014 at 15:16.

That's a very good suggestion, many thanks!

Well Im happy to hear that there may be some form of a Knight class in the future, any type of Sarafan Knight emulation would satisfy my craving. Would really suck if you were to dismiss the idea completely because one dude thinks that humans were unable to smith any type of plate armor at that era. Going by that logic alone I dont understand how they have semi automatic crossbows or hand held canons.
    Last edited by NaughtyPeon; 27th Feb 2014 at 06:21.

A heavy damage magic class called The Disciples
    Lore

Possible Primary and Secondary Abilities: still work in progress

Only part posing difficulty to me is the reload mechanism. Mana potion would seem the old school solution, but I'd like something along the lines of crushing a stone, charged with the recharge energy, like in dark souls. Any other suggestions on that or the above mentioned would be more than welcome.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 24th Apr 2014 at 16:26.

I would love a fully melee class... like a fighting monk or something... protected by some divine power or something...

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    A heavy damage magic class called The Disciples
    Lore

Possible Primary and Secondary Abilities: still work in progress

Only part posing difficulty to me is the reload mechanism. Mana potion would seem the old school solution, but I'd like something along the lines of crushing a stone, charged with the recharge energy, like in dark souls. Any other suggestions on that or the above mentioned would be more than welcome.
    I would love this kind of class, using Glyphs, linking it to Soul Reaver Lore. Anyway, I just want a human class using magic (which means no guns, just blasts of "mana") so this idea fits my wishes.

Update & Clarification on the Disciples

Weapon: Scepter
    *The power is held in the glyphs that are sealed within the Disciple. The scepters are an extension of the disciples that draw on this power, focusing it into something more precise than the broad area of effect it would otherwise.
    *Discharge: Drawing on the power of the fire glyph, it converts the fire and heat into energy that results into electrical discharge in the form of bolts that travel over a medium range.
    *Beam: Drawing on the power of the sun glyph and requiring a charge time, it focuses all the light into a single, narrow ray of light that is so intense it cuts solid matter while traveling over long distances
    *For melee, and as a nod to the former acolytes of Malek, they have fixed blades, stakes, or maces attached to the bottom of the scepter for close quarter combat.

Ability Update
    Stone Glyph: A fixed sand cyclone that cause AoE damage, using sand that is moving at such great speed that it can strip flesh down to the bone.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 25th Apr 2014 at 03:41.

I kind of like the idea of a human class that fights for the Vampires. They could be cultists or some kind of barbarian tribe from beyond the edge of the map, like the Harads who fought for Mordor in the War of the Ring. GIANT ELEPHANTS!

Yeah, I think I've mentioned that I would't mind seeing a Vampire Worshipper human class for the vampire side, but I'm not sure Pysonix would be that keen on it since they seem to want to keep things firmly humans = ranged and vampires = melee.
    signature image

Update & Clarification on the Disciples

Weapon: Scepter
    *The power is held in the glyphs that are sealed within the Disciple. The scepters are an extension of the disciples that draw on this power, focusing it into something more precise than the broad area of effect it would otherwise.
    *Discharge: Drawing on the power of the fire glyph, it converts the fire and heat into energy that results into electrical discharge in the form of bolts that travel over a medium range.
    *Beam: Drawing on the power of the sun glyph and requiring a charge time, it focuses all the light into a single, narrow ray of light that is so intense it cuts solid matter while traveling over long distances
    *For melee, and as a nod to the former acolytes of Malek, they have fixed blades, stakes, or maces attached to the bottom of the scepter for close quarter combat.

Ability Update
    Stone Glyph: A fixed sand cyclone that cause AoE damage, using sand that is moving at such great speed that it can strip flesh down to the bone.
    I think any lightning effect should behave like real lighting. I.e. a bolt that remains connected at it's origin and impact point rather than a sort of orb that flies off from the source and travels towards the target. It just looks more epic that way IMO. I've referenced the finale from the Merlin TV series as an example in a few other threads. Or even lightning that behaves (visually) like Kain's in SR1 or the Archon's drain attack (again, just visually, without the actual drain) in Defiance. That's similar as well.

I think any lightning effect should behave like real lighting. I.e. a bolt that remains connected at it's origin and impact point rather than a sort of orb that flies off from the source and travels towards the target. It just looks more epic that way IMO.
    Agreed, I just figure it would work that way if you want to keep monitoring your ammo by the number of rounds per clip; but if monitoring your ammo through a percentage would be acceptable then arc lightning would be the better choice over energy bolts.

Agreed, I just figure it would work that way if you want to keep monitoring your ammo by the number of rounds per clip; but if monitoring your ammo through a percentage would be acceptable then arc lightning would be the better choice over energy bolts.
    Well, it would just flash or pulse according to the firing rate.

A few examples:
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/S...-Sentry-05.png
    (Was looking for the Kain boss fight. I'll have to wait until lunch.)

A few examples:
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/S...-Sentry-05.png
    (Was looking for the Kain boss fight. I'll have to wait until lunch.)
    That's annoying, I don't think we have any gameplay screenshots of Kain using his lightning against Raziel and I was just capturing for the Chronoplast images yesterday and didn't think to get any then either.
    try these instead:
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...076-Stage1.png
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ologue-122.png
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ologue-127.png
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    That's annoying, I don't think we have any gameplay screenshots of Kain using his lightning against Raziel and I was just capturing for the Chronoplast images yesterday and didn't think to get any then either.
    try these instead:
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...076-Stage1.png
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ologue-122.png
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ologue-127.png
    Yeah, that's the sort of thing. It would be somewhere inbetween those. A narrow beam like Kain's so you can target it using a reticle, but with a bit of discharge at the edges for effect and then a bang/crack sound with each jolt. Kain's is the closest to what I was thinking of, but it would need to be in bursts so there's a firing rate or maybe that could be customisable with a choice of continuous stream, slow high powered bolts, or widespread sparks.

Page 3 of 7 First First 1234567 Last