Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Future human classes...

Future human classes...

Originally Posted by diuqSehT
    If you like cohesiveness then why are you trying to see it as incohesive? See it as cohesive, because that's what you like. That's the key to happiness. Most of the time they wouldn't be changing anything, either. It'd all be happening just like it was supposed to. They'd be doing what they were always destined to do in history. They'd be weighing in like any other faction that's fighting to influence things. On special occasions, though, like for the main threat they posed which Kain has to bust up, they'd build an artifact that could change things. That's just good for drama.
    I think there could be the scope for some kind of faction, or class that was a bit more outlandish in origin. However, I suppose where Vampmaster was going with it, correct me if I'm wrong, was that if you had an overly complicated time streaming faction it might undermine the narrative significance of any time-streaming etc. which in a sense I kind of agree with. However if something was nuanced and fitted the narrative without casting everything else asunder, it might work. I mean characters like Azimuth and Moebius were able to see and do some pretty mental things. However, particularly in the former case it had some pretty dire effects. Sometimes it's good to have these wacky ideas so you can hone the nugget of the not quite so wacky. Humans at this stage seem a bit more open in their potential design than the vamps, as their history is less defined.

I would like the giant using a giant harpoon (it could do the damage of a bazooka in other games) but I would like to see him actually throwing it, not shooting it from anywere. There could be some AWESOME images because of the harpoon (imagine a Turelim being stabbed by the harpoon =P) and the recharge would be made by a rope, making it slow, compensating the great amount of damage it causes. What do you think?
    signature image

I think a great class add to this game would be a Trap Master someone who can set up trip wires and mines. Something the requires a lot of thought and would make your enemy be more creative. Imagine putting a hunter in a corner making him helpless but at the door a trip wire and by the hunter three mines full of silver spikes.

How about a knife thrower class. In Blood Omen one of the earliest human combatants was a clan of gypsies that threw knives. As mentioned before in the forums, the Zephonim are eventually served by humans that they have mental control over and some of them were knife fighters. What if before they became literally brainwashed by Zephon into service they were these gypsy knife fighters in the human uprising?
    It would be a good medium to short range fighter that could have a faster melee, but slightly weaker than the other human classes.

Here is something along the lines of what I was picturing.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N...9-no/Gypsy.JPG

Inspiration for it actually came from Danny Trejo's character in the movie Desperado.
    http://content6.flixster.com/photo/1...542728_ori.jpg

Update
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-c...o/DSC00300.JPG
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 18th Feb 2014 at 23:49. Reason: update

I would like to have some sort of suicide bomb ability - not sure what kind of class it'd work for...hmm...if you are surrounded by a gang of vampires - are low on health and there is no possible way to survive detinate your I don't know some kind of vampire killing bomb and take all those pesky fiends with you (or at least take some of their health)! That'd be funny...last resort but funny

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    How about a knife thrower class. In Blood Omen one of the earliest human combatants was a clan of gypsies that threw knives.
    Those gypsies were awesome some kind of gypsy class would be cool - I suppose Scout uses knives so it might be taking away from that - but the gypsies were there first!

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    How about a knife thrower class. In Blood Omen one of the earliest human combatants was a clan of gypsies that threw knives. As mentioned before in the forums, the Zephonim are eventually served by humans that they have mental control over and some of them were knife fighters. What if before they became literally brainwashed by Zephon into service they were these gypsy knife fighters in the human uprising?
    It would be a good medium to short range fighter that could have a faster melee, but slightly weaker than the other human classes.

Here is something along the lines of what I was picturing.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N...9-no/Gypsy.JPG

Inspiration for it actually came from Danny Trejo's character in the movie Desperado.
    http://content6.flixster.com/photo/1...542728_ori.jpg
    If there's a class like that, we should be able to have flays and other items as the alternate weapons. Maybe they'd do more damage but be harder to aim due to having different flight paths or something. But they would have a cool damage effect. There's lots of variations on "throwing object" in Blood Omen that could be used here.

Originally Posted by Jora_Cross
    I think a great class add to this game would be a Trap Master someone who can set up trip wires and mines. Something the requires a lot of thought and would make your enemy be more creative. Imagine putting a hunter in a corner making him helpless but at the door a trip wire and by the hunter three mines full of silver spikes.
    How about trapping vampires in thorns summoned by a Druid class (based on Bane the Druid who was the nature guardian in Blood Omen 1) instead of silver spikes. (The vampires in Legacy of Kain have not been shown to be vulnerable to silver.)
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

human class with something like the ripper from UT could be interesting, banking shots on rooftop vamps...maybe bank shots would be cooldown driven if it would create too much random spam, or just 1 bounce.

am i right in thinking that there is not much established lore for humanity in this timeline? outside of dumah being overtaken by humans. i should probably watch the storyline for the first Blood Omen for more human lore.

i've heard that there is a spear-based human class in the works, which sounds cool. ( would fit with Dumah as well, since he is impaled by 3 spears when Raziel finds him )

other ideas:

Duelist - kinda picturing the character as using a 1-handed crossbow & a parrying dagger, perhaps with some close range counterattack abilities ( for slick bodyblock skillshots ) & a faster dodge roll.

Invoker - is it reasonable for humans to have any access to magic in this timeline? spellcasting would be another ranged option to explore.

Tribal - Not familiar with the first Blood Omen ( yet ), but maybe a native-themed class using Tomahawks. successful attacks could cause bleeding. other utilities could include Whirling Axes ( either defensive or as a ranged AoE ) & possibly War Chants to support team somehow. This could actually fit the Gypsy Knife fighter theme by GenFeelGood as well, replace War Chants with Gypsy curses. Bottom line: Throwing weapons are awesome.

Crusader - Tough, slow, armored human ( higher health pool or some kind of Endure Pain ) using a slow-firing Stake Launcher with Water-based utilities. Vials of Water could act like grenades that can lower an affected vampire's damage output ( Vamp "weakened" by exposure to water ) with a future soft counter by Rahabim. The Stake Launcher could have a utility that knocks back & pins a Vampire to a wall for a few seconds if close enough. To get really fancy, the vampire could have a quicktime event to hit a button really fast in order to "wriggle off the stake". Would have great interaction with Scout traps & Alchemist wall of fire.

i am unreasonably excited to play this game.

Originally Posted by faeral
    Crusader - Tough, slow, armored human ( higher health pool or some kind of Endure Pain ) using a slow-firing Stake Launcher with Water-based utilities. Vials of Water could act like grenades that can lower an affected vampire's damage output ( Vamp "weakened" by exposure to water ) with a future soft counter by Rahabim. The Stake Launcher could have a utility that knocks back & pins a Vampire to a wall for a few seconds if close enough. To get really fancy, the vampire could have a quicktime event to hit a button really fast in order to "wriggle off the stake". Would have great interaction with Scout traps & Alchemist wall of fire.
    I really like your idea of a stake gun that’d be fun…if not pinning a vamp to a wall it could maybe stop the vampire in it’s tracks – like throw a Tyrant out of the charge attack

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I really like your idea of a stake gun that’d be fun…if not pinning a vamp to a wall it could maybe stop the vampire in it’s tracks – like throw a Tyrant out of the charge attack
    What about an atlatl?
    http://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/n...ols/atlatl.htm
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    That looks like an awesome weapon I want one!!!!

And that just reminded me blow darts!! We need some!

Originally Posted by lucinvampire

And that just reminded me blow darts!! We need some!
    On the subject of blow darts, I came up with this a few weeks ago. I came up with a cruddy image too, but I can't find it ..ah no here 'tis https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-I...Pygmy+Idea.png As you see I am no artist.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...ighlight=pygmy I also suggested a boomerang, but I'm not sure on that one. Sounds a bit Mad Max 2 (I love that film).
    Last edited by Sluagh; 18th Feb 2014 at 00:53.

Originally Posted by Sluagh
    On the subject of blow darts, I came up with this a few weeks ago. I came up with a cruddy image too, but I can't find it ..ah no here 'tis https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-I...Pygmy+Idea.png As you see I am no artist.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...ighlight=pygmy I also suggested a boomerang, but I'm not sure on that one. Sounds a bit Mad Max 2 (I love that film).
    Cool tribal warrior would be awesome had a go on a blow-dart pipe a few years back and which was really fun and they really could go far and do a lot of damage...well to a cardboard box...they could have some sort of poison on them that effects vampires??

There have been tribal guys before:

http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Feral_humans_(male)
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/F...umans_(female)

Perhaps some inspiration could be taken from those? It couldn't be exact, since those feathered things on their heads/backs don't look very practical for a PVP game and they are only shown with melee weapons.

I'm also unsure whether to count druids as the same thing as a tribal class or something separate. I'm sure there would still be druids in this era, since it's a kind of religion and those things tend to survive a long time.

Bane for reference:
    http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Bane_(Legacy_of_Kain)

Thanks Vampmaster a similar design to those guys would be awesome…it’d work because they existed previously!

I'm also unsure whether to count druids as the same thing as a tribal class or something separate. I'm sure there would still be druids in this era, since it's a kind of religion and those things tend to survive a long time.

Bane for reference:
    http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Bane_(Legacy_of_Kain)
    IMO Druids would have to be a completely different class…there’s quite a lot of difference.

nice, those feral humans could be adapted into this art style. more low key headdress & maybe some use of tattooing with leather straps for armor.

the blowdart would fit that image perfectly instead of the melee claws. also, throwing axes. so hot right now. throwing axes.

Originally Posted by faeral
    nice, those feral humans could be adapted into this art style. more low key headdress & maybe some use of tattooing with leather straps for armor.

the blowdart would fit that image perfectly instead of the melee claws. also, throwing axes. so hot right now. throwing axes.
    And Raziel did talk about feral humans living the hinterlands in the SR1 manual.

I really wish to see Saraphan Knights implemented into the game. They were the elite forces of human resistance in LOK and it would be so cool to play as one. Humans need a tank class and it will develop some interesting strategies to counter Vampires. They should have high armor/health and the ability to pull a vampire off an ally with their axes/halberds. Would also be really cool if they could pin a vampire to the ground or a wall so that the team can attack. As for offensive ability perhaps maybe a 360 spin and their melee could be very inferior to a Vampire.

Originally Posted by deckdre
    I really wish to see Saraphan Knights implemented into the game. They were the elite forces of human resistance in LOK and it would be so cool to play as one
    Knights might appear, but the Sarafan are as dead as dodos in the Soul Reaver era.

Their original head inquisitors are now Kain's right hand men in charge of the vampire race, deliciously unaware that their heritage has been so profoundly and fundamentally perverted, and this theme is important to the plot of Soul Reaver. It's firmly established in that game that they're long gone, a relic of the "time of Vorador" and the ancient forgotten past.

Playable Sarafan in this time would more than likely cheapen that past mythology and contradict many official statements.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Knights might appear, but the Sarafan are as dead as dodos in the Soul Reaver era.

Their original head inquisitors are now Kain's right hand men in charge of the vampire race, deliciously unaware that their heritage has been so profoundly and fundamentally perverted, and this theme is important to the plot of Soul Reaver. It's firmly established in that game that they're long gone, a relic of the "time of Vorador" and the ancient forgotten past.

Playable Sarafan in this time would more than likely cheapen that past mythology and contradict many official statements.
    Like I've said before, I see no reason why the Ironguard wouldn't want to emulate their revered Sarafan ancestors by wearing their style of armor. It seems plausible to me as a costume choice, provided the devs don't go over the top and have every single skin looking like a Sarafan.

I would like to see something in the blog about a member of the Ironguard being awarded with that for some great victory or heroic deed.

Like I've said before, I see no reason why the Ironguard wouldn't want to emulate their revered Sarafan ancestors by wearing their style of armor. It seems plausible to me as a costume choice, provided the devs don't go over the top and have every single skin looking like a Sarafan.

I would like to see something in the blog about a member of the Ironguard being awarded with that for some great victory or heroic deed.
    Even then, Sarafan could still appear, not the actual Sarafan mind, more like a new group that gives themselves the name as a way to evoke the past glories of the fallen. "The power of the vampires is weakening! We shall band together to wipe them out like the Sarafan brotherhood before us! We are the new Sarafan!" Or something like that.

Originally Posted by Khalith
    Even then, Sarafan could still appear, not the actual Sarafan mind, more like a new group that gives themselves the name as a way to evoke the past glories of the fallen. "The power of the vampires is weakening! We shall band together to wipe them out like the Sarafan brotherhood before us! We are the new Sarafan!" Or something like that.
    That's kind of what the Ironguard already are. I think SE just thought it was taking things a bit too far to revive the Sarafan order a third time, so they gave them a different name. I'd be fine with them having "We are the new Sarafan!" as one of their in-game phrases.

It's not known how much the Ironguard accurately recall of the Sarafan, most of their knowledge has been passed down the generations as word-of-mouth folk tales as the Vampires would have been keen to either confiscate or destroy Human libraries. Additionally, full on plate armour might be beyond the smelting abilities of Humans in this era.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    It's not known how much the Ironguard accurately recall of the Sarafan, most of their knowledge has been passed down the generations as word-of-mouth folk tales as the Vampires would have been keen to either confiscate or destroy Human libraries. Additionally, full on plate armour might be beyond the smelting abilities of Humans in this era.
    This looks a lot like plate armor:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...63929381_o.jpg

Neveretheless, it's still predominately made out of leathery materials apart from in crucial areas, and quite a long way away from the full-body plate armour you see the Sarafan Warrior Inquisitors wear when confronted by wraith-Raziel in LOK:SR2.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last