Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: We Want A New Legacy Of Kain !!!

Arrow We Want A New Legacy Of Kain !!!

hi dear raziel lovers,
    evrybody that want a new version of legacy of kain game series sign this artichle to tell eidos WE WANT A NEW LEGACY OF KAIN !!! do that for us sooon!
    so common!
    thnx

agree

yes I am agree !

Smile

Oh yes everybody wants a new LOK game but Eidos doesn't. You know why?

of course

Yep definetely wawnt one. I hope it's not a dead series. Would make for a great game on the 360 & PS3

Well, it seems pretty much clear to me that there is no interest
    in another game in LoK series for the developpers. However,
    I have here a suggestion I wrote some time ago (still
    no response) :

"I'm another fan of LoK series. I'd like to ask you a question (sorry I havent researched
    a lot about this, but anyways jsut your opinion is enough):
    Do you think there will be another game in the LoK series?
    Do you (personally) want another game [or you think the story
    is over and making it longer would blow the series] ?
    I even saw a petition with 5,000 signs for a new game ;p

But thats not really my point. I personally think that the LoK series is over:
    the development group seems to have been separated, a very important voice
    actor is gone and there seems to be little interest in messing in LoK's grave
    for creating another game. Still, what I see is not always a generalized
    wish to see the specific characters themselves, that now pose no interest.
    The great appeal of the LoK series, at least in my point of view, are the
    way the storyline goes and the amazing vampiric gameplay: that epic
    still so immersive way of playing; characters have such unique personality
    and the story was always told in 1st person: never omniscient, you never
    know who is telling the truth or if you are being manipulated. Also,
    the game created it's own world, present in all episodes of the series:
    something you don't see alot in recent games. Finally, my point really is:
    why don't they publish a game set in the world of Nosgoth, but with diferent characters, and probably different characters? Developers would not need to re-write alredy settled stories, they would not have to repeat the gameplay of the series with exact precision, or so. This would let them completely free to create something new, yet with some mysteries from the LoK that can be much conveniently explored. I myself don't know much of the LoK story, but as I think you know, there are greatstories (and misteries) in different times in the world of Nosgoth that would givea great story (satisfacting the 'story' factor i mentioned early) and amazingpossibly vampiric gameplay (I remember those blue flying creatures from LoK): satisfacting the 'gameplay' factor i mentioned early. What is your oppinion?"

What you guy think?

Another post, I read somewhere:

"~~ I am very sorry to hear that. [ no more LoK games and personal post ]

As for the new game... C'mon guyz, we all KNOW that, even if they try SO HARD, the new LoK game WILL miss something big.
    It's a rape, literally! As we all recall Defiance was supposed to be the last game, the story ended with Kain putting the end of all evil plotting leaving the empty space for the bright future.

Everything IS explained, the rest is just left open for us to imagine, like after any good movie we watch! AND THAT'S IT!

I bought my first SR when I was 9 and I love LoK more than any other game I ever took in my hands, I too wish it was a bit longer and different, but be real!
    After LoK6, you will wish for LoK7 and so on and on until LoK10, and it will become a gigantic chain of games
    like Resident Evil or Final Fantasy or any other Soap Opera you see on TV and will, EVENTUALLY, LOSE ITS POINT!
    And YOU who WANT another LoK game will be the FIRST ones to say "Okay I can't follow it anymore, geesh, this is too
    much."

Do I have to paint you a picture as well?! "

That explains nice my point... there's no sense for another LoK game.

Still,

We can't let Nosgoth die

Different characters are exactly what we need, I think.

You guys are missing the point here. It's a video game. It's fun. Obviously there is at least somewhat of a desire for another game, perhaps developement costs are still a little high for the newer systems, perhaps too high to justify a new game right now. But would it be shocking to see a new installment in the series? No. Lara Croft flopped a few times and made a huge comeback I wouldn't be that shocked to see another LoK game. And it doesn't need to involve a new cast of characters. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. But I'd buy it.

Defiance ended it?? NOOT!

I want one last game for the series. Defiance did not end it all. Are the pillars going to be restored? They have to make a final answer to that. The elder god tells Raziel in SR that the world is basically dying.
    Kain needs to restore the pillars. I get the feeling at the end of defiance that Kain now has hope for the future and that there might still be a way to restore the pillars.

That is the last we need to get a complete closure.

I don't want the series to be dragged out, just complete the storyline about the world of Nosgoth. In SR2 and defiance we are in the past but the real future is the time we are in in SR. Kain needs to find a way to restore the pillars and be the balance guardian. The final chapter that leads the world away from the terrible future we see in SR or completely destroy Nosgoth. Just come full circle that's all I ask.

i agree with doomrider, i dont want loads of LOK games to come out, i just want one last one to end the story. ok, so if a game came out after that was based around a different time in the story, fine, but only if the story was ended first.

i will be really upset if the story is dead as its the first line of games that i played that really got me hucked, and in my opinion the best.

and in regard to new characters, i have to say its a bit of a give away. there would need to be some old faces poping up but the aim is to get new guardians to apear.

Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    and in regard to new characters, i have to say its a bit of a give away. there would need to be some old faces poping up but the aim is to get new guardians to apear.

I agree, new guardians to the restored pillars. Maybe Kains mission would be to gather new guardians thus restore the pillars and change the future of Nosgoth.
    Kain should be the playable main character, he is the one that needs to end this, hence the title of the series "Legacy of Kain" The legacy is still not completed. Hopefully without ending his own life.
    I don't want to rant on about the story since we all got ideas in our heads so let's just keep on hoping and let the makers or at least the owners make a decision.
    Guess I'm ranting on anyway, LOL. I Just got an idea in my head that I want to share. What if when Kain restores the pillars thus changing the future, he then disappears into nothing and in the ending we see him as a human or a young vampire (Preferably a vampire) taking on the role as Balance guardian together with the new guardians.
    I don't want to rant on about the story since we all got ideas in our heads so let's just keep on hoping and let the makers or at least the owners make a decision.

I could see that ending but I don't really like it. It eliminates the hundreds of years of experiance he's had, what's shaped his views on the world, basicly his very core.
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Quote Originally Posted by Doomrider View Post
    I agree, new guardians to the restored pillars. Maybe Kains mission would be to gather new guardians thus restore the pillars and change the future of Nosgoth.
    Kain should be the playable main character, he is the one that needs to end this, hence the title of the series "Legacy of Kain" The legacy is still not completed. Hopefully without ending his own life.
    Guess I'm ranting on anyway, LOL. I Just got an idea in my head that I want to share. What if when Kain restores the pillars thus changing the future, he then disappears into nothing and in the ending we see him as a human or a young vampire (Preferably a vampire) taking on the role as Balance guardian together with the new guardians.
    well, how i thought it would be is that because raziel "healed" or "restored" he would start turning into an elder vampire, i.e. start turning blue and not looking so dead and decomposing.

oh damn, forget about the permitions thing were they aparently need permition from people that have come up with an idea, egardless of if they were going to be using it in the first place.

*changing sig to reflect this*

Exclamation

There won't be another LoK, STOP the madness of "pretending" there will be & go waste your time on forums where pub's & dev's CARE !!! about their loyal fans.

This DEFINITELY is my FINAL post on this forum & i could care less if they made a new LoK . They've lost their PASSION & desire for what made a real great game.
    Any company that loses their passion for making quality ("cult-ish" following) type games in exchange for greedy profits deserves to go themselves.

good ridance. sayid's feet will take care of you

Quote Originally Posted by OugaBooga1 View Post
    Any company that loses their passion for making quality ("cult-ish" following) type games in exchange for greedy profits deserves to go themselves.
    It costs many millions of dollars to make a modern videogame. Unless a fan of a particular series has enough money that they can write a check for $20 million or so (and not have it bounce), the only way a sequel gets made is if it is profitable to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by OugaBooga1 View Post
    There won't be another LoK, STOP the madness of "pretending" there will be & go waste your time on forums where pub's & dev's CARE !!! about their loyal fans.

This DEFINITELY is my FINAL post on this forum & i could care less if they made a new LoK . They've lost their PASSION & desire for what made a real great game.
    im sorry but im glad there isnt more people like you in the world who just give up.

and by saying that do you mean that if another game came out you wouldnt play it? after all, like a speech like that id be surprized if you didnt get rid of all your games that have anything to do with eidos.

So many reasons why they should over why they shouldn't. The argument of dragging on a storyline is rubbish, the wheel keeps on turning.

They only skimmed the surface of the storyline between the Hylden and the vampires. Greater characters can be pulled into the fold, new characters and a younger Janos, unfortunately we know outcome but due to time travel things can be done to help kain in the future restore the pillars, resurrect raziel (if necessary), see a younger Vorador. So many options.

But so many games out there these days are rubbish. Legacy of Kain had one of the greatest stories out there, and by far the best voice acting (R.I.P Tony Jay)... it always pushed me to want to play more to find out the next chapter and what new things would be uncovered. Current games out there have NO DEPTH like the Lok series. Seriously NO DEPTH, so much so its painful and frustrating.

Finally look at the new consoles out there. The PS3 has the power to make this game unbelievably good.

This game is too good to end it.

Next gen does bring new hope. New consoles need games. What the series needs is some good marketting. It needs some good exposure on the TV, in magazines, shops and on the web. That is the only way the franchise can be expanded to a size that would see a profit turned.

It would require some heavy ad funding, however I think the fact that it is a cult classic series could be exploited to get new people in. They need to better exploit just how badass Kain is, he is one of (IMO the best) game characters ever, his awesomeness+the cult status=potentially nice hook.

Some nice hi res movies of Kain being badass with all his upper class charm wouldn't go a miss, plus you might lure people into going back and checking out the older games to get an overall feel.

A word on costs, with next gen the development costs almost doubled on your average development, on an average sized game you are talking anywhere between £7-10 million, a game like LoK you are talking £10-20 million. You need a consumer base of a couple of million to justify the development, whilst their is a solid fan base, it clearly isn't large enough. So they need to expand it. They need to exploit the fact that it is a cult classic and the fact that Kain is a total badass. A viral campaign of Kain killing people in the style only he can. There is a lot to work with.

Well I really hope there is a new one I got SR2 ages ago and loved it got BO2 then and defiance when it came out beat them all many times the story line is amazing I recently beat defiance again and started looking around the net to see if there would be a new one (seems not )

But I did find this on wikipedia

However, in 2006, Crystal Dynamics finished development of Tomb Raider: Legend and it is now possible that Crystal Dynamics will make a new game for the series on some or all of the next-generation video game consoles. What some believe to be evidence of this possibility can be found in the game Tomb Raider: Legend in the form of two unlockable extra costumes for Lara Croft: 'Gothic' and 'Gothic, Lace Shirt' variations of Lara's ensemble. In these costumes, Lara bears a neck tattoo of Raziel's clan Glyph, and her belt buckle carries Kain's Glyph. The Soul Reaver sword itself is also an unlockable extra only available upon 100% completion of the game. There are portraits of Kain in her mansion, which can be found in the "Kain's Tomb" section of Defiance.
    Any truth to this?

Nelo: hello there
    those things are known already - There´s an unlockable Soul Reaver blade and Kain´s portrait in her mansion in Legend, but I am not quite sure about the clan symbols. In anniversary, there´s raziel double symbol on the wetsuit and Kain´s picture again in mansion.

If they'd only realize the potential of a Killing Feet Kain...

Quote Originally Posted by rross46 View Post
    Next gen does bring new hope. New consoles need games. What the series needs is some good marketting. It needs some good exposure on the TV, in magazines, shops and on the web. That is the only way the franchise can be expanded to a size that would see a profit turned.

It would require some heavy ad funding, however I think the fact that it is a cult classic series could be exploited to get new people in. They need to better exploit just how badass Kain is, he is one of (IMO the best) game characters ever, his awesomeness+the cult status=potentially nice hook.

Some nice hi res movies of Kain being badass with all his upper class charm wouldn't go a miss, plus you might lure people into going back and checking out the older games to get an overall feel.
    How about a simple trailer to get some attention? here is my idea of one that would capture the audience....

It starts with a black screen with wisps of energy crackling around. After a moment Kain start to speak and tell his story. after the first sentance his eyes appear, piercing through the darkness. As he finishes the last few words his face suddenly fills the screen (preferrably generated ingame) with the pillars in the background behind him. This is followed by a collection very short (about 1 second in length) action sequences showing of the gameplay, followed by the tagline for the game said by Kain.

The speech could be something like...
    "When this story began, I was but a child, playing in situations beyond my comprehension. Then I changed. I learned the cruel truths of this world. I was killed" (this could be where his eyes appear)

"I was reborn a vampire, and destined to also be this world's saviour. But it would come at a price. A price that my closest ally paid for instead of me. His sacrifice showed me the true enemy, and gave me the gift I was looking for over the past several millennia."

"All of the fates have been scattered and rebuilt, destroying the true destinies of those who would oppose it. But the coin has landed on it's edge"

His face would appear here, followed by the gameplay clips

"Now, I choose the destiny"

Legacy of Kain: Destiny
    Rated M for mature

Quote Originally Posted by Yautjatraker/Albatraous View Post
    Rated M for Massive feet-neck breaking
    yes, I like the sound of that

Glad you like it, but what is up with the feet-neck-breaking posts all the time? you are obsessed with it my friend

Being fair.

Yeah, we want a new LoK game. And I'm tired of waiting.

It's been five years. Five years. FIVE *** YEARS WITH NO NEWS. Ok, people. We all know that Defiance didn't sell as Eidos would've hoped it would, we know that Amy is no longer in the company, that her successors have also left the place and that Mr. Tony Jay passed away. I can understand those things, I can understand why next LoK has not seen daylight and I have no reasons to attack Eidos for the factors that were beyond their control whatsoever.

BUT FOR 'S SAKE, GIVE US SOME *** NEWS OF WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!

What is this, a circus or somethin'?! Five years ago we were told that next game was in the works and then SILENCE, complete silence and nobody have heard anything since. I mean, what kind of is that anyway?! Eidos, why are you treating your fans like complete garbage, having not said anything for this HUGE amount of time?! It's a complete lack of any respect for us and of being fair. I mean, you're not obligated in any way to tell us anything, but simple practical rules should tell someone out there that fans should know what's happening!!!
    After five years we should be informed of ANYTHING that's changed. And I'm not talking about a big official announcement, I'm talking about ANY OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. Is it really so hard to enter this forum and write two lines? If anything has happened from the meantime then we should be told about what has happened. If there's nothing going on, we should be told that there's nothing going on. Period. So hard? Damn, I'd be even satisfied if someone wrote " YOU, THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE LOK IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS SO STOP ASKING US!". Unpleasant as it would be, it'd be at least OFFICIAL.
    Fans deserve to know what's happening, do you understand? Seriously, if LoK has died then just TELL US that it's dead. But if there's hope then tell us that there's hope! What kind of is the way you're treating us?! People are now forced to search interviews with CEOs in *** magazines and satisfy their lust of information with two sentences that are revealed there of which status is still unclear, what is this?! Eidos, what are you thinking?! Shame on you.

By the way, no offence, but I'm also tired with reading posts like "oh come on, make a new game, just one more to end the storyline". Yeah, sure. The best way to reboot the franchise is to release one, final game that would use the storyline from the games released five years ago, that no one remembers anymore, with characters and plot so complex that without having contact with the rest of the series, the game would've been unplayable. In Defiance, from what I know, this problem might have occured, but Amy and rest of the crew made a terrific job of making a game attractive to all gamers.
    But in the case of "one last game" it would be just impossible. If LoK would've been rebooted then it must have been in a way of a whole new series. Making a single game after 5 years just doesn't make any practical, economical and every other sense you can think of. There's no other way and I got that. Deciding to invest money for a new series based on games that didn't sell well in the past requires great time, effort and courage, we know that.
    BUT GIVE US INFORMATION ABOUT ALL THIS! I'm not asking for anything more, just information. Geez...

I'm 19. When I first played Defiance I was 14. It's one hell of a time for me. LoK is a part of my childhood and I don't want this part to meet its end on this forum. I'm now writing a novel, my first self-made short story was set in LoK universe. Come on people, move on...

I'm from Poland so sorry about any mistakes in English.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast