Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: We Want A New Legacy Of Kain !!!

Agree

Everyone wants a new LOK game, but it seems we will be waiting a long time for one. Im still waiting for XBOX 360 to make LOK Defiance compatable with the XBOX 360, or to make an update on XBOX Live for it. They've already made one for Blood Omen 2 though.

It is frustrating not knowing if they will ever finish off the story, but at least we have built quite a friendly forum community here to discuss the story. I often find it more fun to guess what the next part of the plot will be than to have the answers, as you get more ideas and it can be exciting.

Yes I want a new LOK game, more than you would believe, but I have so many other games to play that I don't feel the sting so much (recently played Devil May Cry 4 on 360, as I heard that LOK: D's combat system was similar to it, and thought it was an awesome game).

I believe if they do this "final" game they will follow it with a prequel game (or vice versa ).

One thing I have noticed with Eidos, is many of their games are turned into movies and full on franchise cash cows. Marketing a pretty lady or a mysterious hitman is alot easier than an eldar vampire and a blue vampire thing with no jaw.

Maybe we will hear something from E3 (I may not mean this year ) and see the coin turning again....

me too....

im 25 years old now and started to play bo 1 on ps1 in 1997. Ive had a ps1, a ps2, a pc and now i have a ps3 and i played any game of this series cuz the story was more than just another game story. I really want some questions to be answered, to find an end for myself. LoK was the greatest game ive ever played, nothing came even close to it. Its not neccessary to mention that gameplay and graphics have been sucky sometimes, it has always been the story that gave me sleepless nights and didnt let me sleep or let go.

Its not complete, not the story nor the legacy, its just told a part of the story and the teller died. I was thinking a long time that in defiance u would find an end, a complete circle and the story would be told, but u implemented new story elements like the hylden and so on... Im not a brat crying for raziel to be revived... i just want an end of this story cuz its incomplete... the greatesr story in any game u cant let lay like that.... its not mario or sth, Its LoK.

I know that the author left u and so on, maybe u made too many flops with that game, but seriously, you eidos wont ever get such a potential and such a story again, nothing imo will ever compete with the story u got there... dont waste it. Im not alone with my opinion and still hoping u will recocncluse ur decision to let the greatest story in games history end incomplete.

Just another pissed non english (sry for my spelling/grammar) LoK fan that is disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by desease View Post
    im 25 years old now and started to play bo 1 on ps1 in 1997. Ive had a ps1, a ps2, a pc and now i have a ps3 and i played any game of this series cuz the story was more than just another game story. I really want some questions to be answered, to find an end for myself. LoK was the greatest game ive ever played, nothing came even close to it. Its not neccessary to mention that gameplay and graphics have been sucky sometimes, it has always been the story that gave me sleepless nights and didnt let me sleep or let go.

Its not complete, not the story nor the legacy, its just told a part of the story and the teller died. I was thinking a long time that in defiance u would find an end, a complete circle and the story would be told, but u implemented new story elements like the hylden and so on... Im not a brat crying for raziel to be revived... i just want an end of this story cuz its incomplete... the greatesr story in any game u cant let lay like that.... its not mario or sth, Its LoK.
    Welcome to the forums yeah, I feel the same...just waiting for any news...

Exclamation The mixture for a new LoK

It's just that Blood Omen 2 was bad and that made Defiance "not selling well" but everyone has forgotten LoK by now.... I mean... Take the Pillars, Kain, parts of the old story, some new characters, freedom of exploration AND YOU HAVE A NEW GAME!!!!!! It isn't that difficult. One of the great things of BO were the many secrets you could find with your new powers. Just use this and everyone would like the game!!! Give these forums some attention

There is no sense, for new LoK?

OK. I agree with that, but I think, there is one more question,
    as leave after Defiance (sorry for my English, i'm from Poland, and I study this language moore in games).
    What happened with Kain, after he saw fallen pillars?
    We all know from "Blood Omen", that The Youngest Kain in this same time, was walking through the pillars fallen behind him, when The Older Kain stay on the high, after defeat the Elder's God. What next???
    Raziel's full circle was closed, when Raziel becamed the one part with the Reaver.
    And what with Kain??? He said: "Dead is only one possible outcome".
    What happened with him? How was closed his circle of destiny???
    I think, there is another chance for one more part of Legacy of Kain,
    definitelly last part. If it's not, left us writing own book's and mini games.
    I'm make my own screenplay for my game.
    Maybe all of us have to make something else,
    LoK give us very much...

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel_Oor View Post
    OK. I agree with that, but I think, there is one more question,
    as leave after Defiance (sorry for my English, i'm from Poland, and I study this language moore in games).
    What happened with Kain, after he saw fallen pillars?
    We all know from "Blood Omen", that The Youngest Kain in this same time, was walking through the pillars fallen behind him, when The Older Kain stay on the high, after defeat the Elder's God. What next???
    Raziel's full circle was closed, when Raziel becamed the one part with the Reaver.
    And what with Kain??? He said: "Dead is only one possible outcome".
    What happened with him? How was closed his circle of destiny???
    I think, there is another chance for one more part of Legacy of Kain,
    definitelly last part. If it's not, left us writing own book's and mini games.
    I'm make my own screenplay for my game.
    Maybe all of us have to make something else,
    LoK give us very much...
    There was always another LoK 6 planned, but they became very busy with Tomb Raider, so there was not a good time to make it.......

I still think that eidos wanted to make a game platform for the PS3 (TR Underworld) that they plan to reuse for future games by just being able to edit charecter design and environments... namely a new LOK. Why spend the $$ on an iffy title, when you can invest the cash on what seems to be a sure thing (TR games), then just recycle the programming without the development costs and pump out another game (LOK). Even if it doesn't sell well, it wasn't like they would have to put so much cash into developing it in the first place. I bet (I pray) that once Underworld is released, there will be mention of a new LOK title in development.

Go look at some of the Underworld screen shots, see if they don't remind you of some of the places in Nosgoth. I can only hope a new LOK game would look as good...

Well, consider that the story is already completed and is really perfect, if our fans really wanna a new game, the story before the series could be a better choice.
    Don't you think that?

But, the story isn't completed, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by MrXP View Post
    Well, consider that the story is already completed and is really perfect, if our fans really wanna a new game, the story before the series could be a better choice.
    Don't you think that?
    Only Raziel's part has ended. Kain still needs to restore Nosgoth (and the Pillars) the Elder God isn't dead yet. The Hylden are still out there. The Soul Reaver hasn't finished it's cycle and Kain's Empire still lies in ruin.... Problems that had to be solved from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    Only Raziel's part has ended. Kain still needs to restore Nosgoth (and the Pillars) the Elder God isn't dead yet. The Hylden are still out there. The Soul Reaver hasn't finished it's cycle and Kain's Empire still lies in ruin.... Problems that had to be solved from the beginning.
    Yes...in some way the story will never be ended for the whole legend, but the story which make sence seems to go no further since Raziel's "death".
    It make me recall another game, <Rockman X5>--made by Capcom--by where X's friend Zero dead and present in <Rockman X6> in the form of spirit and then rebirth marvellous....
    So, I don't think our hero's legend will go on...like this, only the story that can complete the legend from top to bottom. Like....how Raziel and Kain were forged to be the Reaver and Vampires?

No, it would only take on more game to finish this. And finish this, they must. If not now, some time before we're all dead Seriously, Kain's poised at the brink of it all. We need to end his "Legacy."

I don't need to see the beginning of his empire and Raziel's turning, so much as I need to see that. Hell, I've written about Kain raising Raziel, myself. It wouldn't be that hard to write about.

I agree. The story was originally about Kain, not Raziel and I think that Raziel's sacrifice was epic. It would make no sence to just forget about the sacrifice and let Raziel return.

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    I agree. The story was originally about Kain, not Raziel and I think that Raziel's sacrifice was epic. It would make no sence to just forget about the sacrifice and let Raziel return.
    Yeah, this is Legacy of Kain, but lets look...
    Raziel is a important part of this story.
    The Reaver is the key, and he is contained in reaver now (after Defiance).
    Reaver exist in the legacy, and is the clue of past and the future of Nosgoth.
    I think, is one question more to defeat by Kain - "The machination of Fate".
    The story is still not over, because the balance is still destroyed, pillars are corrupted.
    At end, I think, that continue of Legacy is now in progress,
    in conceptual phase, and in the new face of this story, Ariel as a first balance guardian, will be play next epic role.

Wink ya whatever

well, I don't think bringer back Raziel would make the game better. Kain has to finish his destiny first, restore Nosgoth. Michael Bell said that Defiance was the last LoK game he wanted to act in, so I don't think bringing back Raziel would be easy..... sorry for the Raziel fans, but it is the truth........

Letting Kain go in the underworld is a BAD idea. If you let Kain look like Raziel then the character of Kain would totally disappear, Raziel would not be a very special character too, if Kain could go through the spectral realm and swim in water. Kain could go to the underworld to battle the EG, but that's the limit. and guess what?? the underworld is under water Water is like acid to a vampire. (except for Rahabim) I didn't see the underworld in material either. It really sounds weird to me that Kain should go to the underworld.

You can't copy a soul. It's not like cloning a sheep. Every new body made gets a new soul. Even if cloning a person were to be possible in Nosgoth, the soul inhabiting its body, giving it life, is unique. Raziel is gone. There's no loop-hole to bring him back.

as far as i can remember to get the souls for the clan, like raz and the others it was said that, "kain when to the underworld to get the souls of his fallen
    enemies.
    No, what's said is Kain breathed a portion of his own soul into their corpses, thereby drawing back from the Underworld their own souls to their bodies. His soul portion acted as an anchor that pulled them back from Spectral and it's also what turned their souls vampiric.

Kain's never been able to go into the Underworld. His soul is seen in the Underworld in BO1, bound by Mortanius, then let go once he was turned into a vampire, back into his own body.

I don't think Kain ever went to the underworld, his soul was probably caught as soon as he died by Morti and brought to his Death Dimension thingy....... (it doesn't really look like the underworld)

Quote Originally Posted by swordsicle View Post
    I still think that eidos wanted to make a game platform for the PS3 (TR Underworld) that they plan to reuse for future games by just being able to edit charecter design and environments... namely a new LOK. Why spend the $$ on an iffy title, when you can invest the cash on what seems to be a sure thing (TR games), then just recycle the programming without the development costs and pump out another game (LOK). Even if it doesn't sell well, it wasn't like they would have to put so much cash into developing it in the first place. I bet (I pray) that once Underworld is released, there will be mention of a new LOK title in development.

Go look at some of the Underworld screen shots, see if they don't remind you of some of the places in Nosgoth. I can only hope a new LOK game would look as good...
    well, we had this article in this game magazine that gave us new hope:

Eidos wanted to make a new game of it's own old games.....

and look there is: Deus Ex

The irony, they made a new game of an old game series.........

a real threat to LoK.

Someone here said that no other game could ever compare to LoK, and I agree, this shouldn't be wasted.

And to those that say any new game would surely not be so good, I would honestly rather see them try at more games and have at least a chance at more of the amazing story and play, then do nothing at all.

As far as the issue with making a new game so long after Defiance, and with the issue of making money on them, I believe a decent amount could be made off of remaking BO1 and/or SR1 with nice new graphics and no other changes. could even leave all the voice acting just as it is, and do nothing more then update graphics/gameplay. It would please older fans and bring new ones right into the beginning of the story. If i had only $60 left to my name I would spend it on that game immediately, and cart it to a friends place when my electricity got shut off And I know a few others that would probably do the same.

LoK didn't finish with Defiance. Can one person here honestly tell me that once the credits rolled on Defiance, they felt that they had finished the story?

The saga can't be finished, there has to be more. And by finish I don't mean the series is dead, I mean the saga, whether or not a new one will ever be made it doesn't change the fact that the saga isn't finished. The rest of the story is still to be told.

Desease, you hit the nail on the head. This isn't just another game story. I have never felt this way about any other game. LoK is a special series. And the experience is bittersweet, such good times playing them but they never finished the tale. Defiance never felt like the ending, it just felt unfinished. You can't just tell me once Defiance finished Kain just went and started fishing or something lol.

Kain is a special character. You just cannot introduce a character like Kain and then try to end his tale where it did. And when you consider the number of threads like this and posts like this, it is clear a large part of those who were blessed by these games feel the same way.

I wish I could win the lottery lol. The euromillions, so I could put up the cash for a new LoK. I'd probably do it aswell.

As a nice excercise, Eidos should look to release at the very least LoK Blood Omen and Soul Reaver as a download for the PS3 and 360. Get the series some attention from gamers, it could muster support for a new game.

Ive just finished LoK Defiance for the 6th or 7th time can't remember anymore, and i felt like it was my first time again, today the orthodox new year is celebrated in my country, I live alone now and watching Kain and Raziel wander around the vampire citadel all this brought back the feeling

I only play games with a multiplayer option but this is definitely one of ma favs .
    The story is not finished im glad everybody is aware of that but Amy left the team and i sincerely don't think they will make another one , the thing id really like to see is a LoK movie, I know their habit of ruining a movie based on a video game but i have a feeling this would actually turn out nicely . .
    I apologize for my terrible English

Hi everybody, long time reader, first time poster.

I've been a LoK fan since playing the original Soul Reaver back when it was new, this year 10 years ago. I was 11 at the time. Now at 21 years, LoK is still my all-time favorite series, and having survived for as long as it has, I think the series have accomplished an amazing feat, having to share the spotlight with the rest of the game market and yet still shine through time and time again.

Hundreds of thousands LoK fans can't be wrong - it's the storyline that makes the game better than the rest, and in that, the dedication to that storyline, from concept artist to voice actor, animators and scriptwriters alike. Among other things, it has inspired me personally to decide my path in life. More than anything, I want to be a part of that industry, of that world of artists. I want to make great stories come to life. I want to make great stories like LoK.

For a video game to achieve that high a status, as nothing less than a work of art, is a feat all in it's own. LoK is alive outside the games, amidst the excited discussions between fans of the series, predicting and explaining and reliving the story again and again. And I bet if I could point at any LoK fan and ask them if they were in truth educated by LoK - I'd be replied with a resounding yes. How many of you fans have felt your English vocabulary and understanding broaden with each step within the storyline? Now that's a thing few, if any, game series can brag about achieving.

So, you all see where I'm going. In conclusion - the series does not deserve to be forgotten, or buried, unfinished. It deserves what every great work of art should have - closure. A tying together of all that makes it what it is, a great game series. LoK deserves to be a whole. It's too good not to be.

I, too, would love to see a continuation of the LoK Series - both the story, the characters and the gameplay are great in all of these games.
    And, of course, it´s just a shame that the story is left unfinished.
    Until Kain reaches his ultimate goal to restore the pillars and avoid the corruption of Nosgoth, everything that has happened until now seems somehow insignificant...

But on the other side I also can understand why the developers are hesitant to create a new game.
    The story of LoK has become very complex, and to understand it completely you have to play every one of the games - which has become practically impossible nowadays.
    Fans, of course, still purchase Blood Omen and Soul Reaver via platforms like ebay, but I don´t think that those, wo are new to the series, would do such a thing and play games which are over ten years old now.
    So a sequel of the series would barely motivate those who are not familiar with the series, since they couldn´t catch up with the story.
    Having said this I don´t really think that there´s much hope for a new game... it´s just not profitable.

Though, of course, I´d be more than delighted if it turns out that I´m wrong

Sorry for my poor english by the way...

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast