Thread: Big scare yesterday

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander

Big scare yesterday

I woke up in the early AM with a massive headache but forced myself to go back to sleep thinking it was from lack of sleep. Nope. I got up a couple of hours later with the headache worsening and the left side of my face numb and tingling. Bad sign. Checked my BP and it was a whooping 169 over 121. Not good, not good at all. Taking some meds I got the numbers down and the headache has lessened quite a bit but is still there.

That is dreadful. When some headaches hit the pain is indescribable.
    Headaches I do know about. Then tension headaches when I get stressed which can last 5 days. The pain is similar and sleeping is hard. I should check my BP as well. Though I know it must get way up.
    I get migraines, though less now and the pain is horrendous.
    I was so bad at on time I used to get meds from the GP,they only give you three at a time.
    I hope your headache has eased up now if a little.

Ouch! That sounds horrible.

I get a migraine about once every two weeks... Sometimes more than 2 in a single week. I've been to the doctor several times, but all he can do is prescribe me pills.

Chip go and see a doctor ASAP, if not go to your local ED and get monitored as your blood pressure sounds dangerously high to me, let us all know how you get on and please take my advice
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

This sounds serious. Please take Werner's advice Chip. Please take care, we worry about you!

Bloody Hell Chip - take Werner's advice and get to the Doctors quick!

Hope you're okay and that it's nothing serious!

I third that too. You need that BP down.
    Werner is right.

Exclamation

Get your can to the doc and get checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by chip5541 View Post
    I woke up in the early AM with a massive headache but forced myself to go back to sleep thinking it was from lack of sleep. Nope. I got up a couple of hours later with the headache worsening and the left side of my face numb and tingling. Bad sign. Checked my BP and it was a whooping 169 over 121. Not good, not good at all. Taking some meds I got the numbers down and the headache has lessened quite a bit but is still there.
    Please don't ignore my advise very concerned bout your health, if i have to post till I get banned then so be it!!! I am hoping you took advice and got it seen to? And I know you are sensible enough to it through as well

I hope you're not only on Beta Blockers either, as they do jack "poop"
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Arrow

I fith that. Get yourself to a doctor as soon as you can!

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks everyone for teh concern. I had forgotten to take some medication over a couple of days. My BP numbers are back down to normal and all I have left is a small twinge every now and then of a headache.

I had Proprananol (Beta Blockers), when I had Thyrotoxicosis - an overactive thyroid. I also had Carbimazole. The beta blockers seemed to work for me Wern. Holy Moses, my BP was off the scale prior to taking them

Like I said on the phone, my Dad let me have a bash on his exercise bike and he was like "NO WAY". He put the little peg on my ear to monitor my pulse and it was off the scale and I hadn't even started peddling yet

Chip.....how are you doing? Let us know what's happening *Is worried*

Thanks everyone for teh concern. I had forgotten to take some medication over a couple of days. My BP numbers are back down to normal and all I have left is a small twinge every now and then of a headache.

Thanks Chip and sorry for the double post, we cross-posted. I'm glad you checked in and kept us informed *Hugs*

Do you have a little pill dispenser? I take a lot of herbal meds and I always leave my pill dispenser next to the kettle as it's the first thing I reach for of a morning, so never forget to take my smarties

Arrow

That is very silly, but I know I would forget too, I am hopeless. But you are not.

I am glad you are feeling better. Go to the Doctor anyway and get checked out to make sure the headache was just a reminder to take your medication, and that you did no damage.

SEE A DOCTOR AT ONCE!!!!

My neighbor went through what you are describing. She went to the doc and found out she had a brain tumor (the size of a kiwi). Unfortunately, three years later, the brain tumor won out.

I went through a bad spell about 2 years ago with simular symptoms and a couple of extra thrown in for good measure. My BP had been higher than that which was scary enough. Doing research it indicated I had suffered a minor stroke. One of the symptoms was I had visual trouble for about 15 minutes and the doctor, when I saw him later in teh day, suggested I get my eyes checked. He made no mention of what caused the spell or what the issue had been. He just put me on BP pills. It has kept my numbers low but like an idiot I forgot to take them for a couple of days. As you can see though I don't have a lot of faith in our local doctors. This was a wake-up call for me to hunker down and get my life style in order.

Twice in one week someone is unhappy with the non-response of their doctor. Switch doctors if you are unhappy. Having a trustworthy and on-the-ball doctor is not a want, it's a need.

I am glad you are feeling better, being more careful will keep you with us longer. Now go ban some spammers.

Chip, I had thought along those lines of a mini stroke at some stage. My mother had one a few years back and takes medication now. She also changed her diet drastically - she was never a really unhealthy eater but she wanted to get her cholesterol under control and thankfully it's of normal readings now.

Maybe you could set a daily alarm on your mobile phone, assuming you use one, to remind you to take your smarties I hope this will be the last nasty scare for you my friend.