Thread: Stealth missions & voice com

Stealth missions & voice com

Stealth missions & voice com

I just got this great idea. How about to make some missions or quests in game. Where you have to make a stealth mission where you getting coordinated by your command central throw your head, while you must get something stolen from somewhere. Like in DX1 in Area51 part or in the movie National Treasure where "Gage" goes for the declaration of independens. So this voice from command central gives you help all the time, while you approch in facility and with this nice video hud to the voice massages.

Even one cool thing could be, to make this level like the first one in Deus Ex 3. While you play this first level, small credit texture are popping up over the screen. Like Co,programmers and Lead Designers and so on... Even a real cool soundtrack behind... Could raise up the eyelocks a bit... Just like the intro movie in-game in Call of Duty 4, but in Deus Ex 3 you can even play while the credits poppin-up and intro soundtrack is playing up... But still you don't need to do exactly like the command central voice tells you to do. You can still take own decides and ways. But even the voice commands reacts to your difficult choices of approch and changes.

Originally Posted by IceBallz
    So this voice from command central gives you help all the time, while you approch in facility and with this nice video hud to the voice massages.
    I just hate it. The voice is useless, the video link is awful: that's just for noobs.

By the way National Treasure sucks, and what's with the enormous signature?

Cool

^^^ LOL!

It might work for a tutorial though.. or a training mission.

Eh how is that different from DX for instance?

I don't think so. I don't need some douch bag holding my hand and telling me what to do all the time. It would just piss me off.

The guy's been playing too much crappy Ghost Recon/Vegas.

Btw. I hate ghost recon and las vegas. But voice com and the video feeds in the hud was one of the great stuff that made DX1 so special. And now you all say no, just to ignore me ? Or what ? Is this just some kind of American ignorens site and few kids joke ?!? The biiig sig is just one thing to keep ur shut up, jordan A. Grow up, start to act like a adult and try to start to use your brain to read my posts. Then you maybe could read some of them, without to poking on my English ones. Godamnit !!!

Originally Posted by minus0ne
    Eh how is that different from DX for instance?
    Hehehe... Don't know, ask them who knows and says no. And while you do so...
    Ask you self, if it's a need to support this development of french american crap...

Bye...

Take it easy mate I was just kidding.

I just don't like live feed.

Hehehe... Don't know, ask them who knows and says no.
    I was just asking how your great idea is so different from vanilla DX gameplay? Where Alex or Tracer (or Deadalus etc.) guide you through missions (or more accurately, provide commentary on what you're doing or should be doing).
    And while you do so... Ask you self, if it's a need to support this development of french american crap...

Bye...
    ?

As long as they arn't as big as IW had them. I spent 30 seconds in cover just because sticking my head round the corner would result in me seeing some OMAR rather than the guy levelling a mag rail at me. And to have it constant would be annoying. Tong and the like giving you information was a valuable asset, so when it happened you cared and payed attention. If it were constant and Everett gave you the little history lesson on the tamplar or Tong bringing up the illuminati, you would kind of ignore because it would just be "Oh great, here comes Tong to tell us that it's a very pretty coridoor."

Unhappy

<rant>

This entire thread makes my face hurt!

Are people here seriously proposing to integrate something into the game that is already pretty much integral to it (do you not remember Alex Jacobson in DX1?)??

Anything more detailed or in depth would negate the gamers freedom of choice to do whatever the hell they want to do!

</rant>