Thread: Question

Question

Being this the official eidos forum.. are they often checking it to take some of our points of view at the time of making the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Being this the official eidos forum.. are they often checking it to take some of our points of view at the time of making the game?
    Yes that's why it's called the OFFICIAL Eidos forums so our comments they do take into account
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

coool this must be very useful then

I would assume so. There were a lot of improvements in TRA over TRL that were asked for and talked about here. I'm playing through TRL again after not having played it in a long time (since I've been playing TRA a lot). All I have to say is wow. The controls alone sure are a regression compared to TRA. Playing them almost back to back, I can see there were a lot of improvements in the controls and the camera for TRA compared to TRL; much more so than I originally thought.

Both of those aspects still need work, but I have a bit of faith. They listened for TRA, so I'm sure they're listening for TRU. I also have a bit of faith because the engine is going to be used for more than just TR games, so I'm hoping that a few of the changes I feel are so deeply needed just might make it in (camera improvements, plus FPS controls - note: strafe and proper mouse-look).

It couldn't be helped that TRA is a lot better than Legend, since TRA is a remake of an already existing game. TRU is going to be the true test of whether or not they've been listening in regards to things that need improving over Legend (gameplay length, difficulty, non-linear, no obvious hinting via camera sequences and Zip/Alister, camera effect on control orientation, etc).

It wud be so difficult to do what they do, there so many contradictions here n thea n people who love one thing n others who hate it.