Thread: We're all gonna die from Eggatitus

Big Grin We're all gonna die from Eggatitus

I found this news post on yahoo, apparently us guys that eat more than 6 eggs a week are doomed Why throw money away on pointless research when there are a manner of other illnesses that are deadly and haven't even approached a cure

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200804...h-acc9995.html
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

People that do eat eggs do not realise I guess they are in so many things.
    It is the cholesterol is it?. That is already known anyway.
    I do not always think myself. Except If I have eggs fresh it is free range or none at all.That's me.
    You are right about the research,sometimes the waste they do on some things is just so money wasting and pointless.
    The need shoud be for serious illness.

Reminds me of that years old government initiative...

"Go to work on an egg...come home in an ambulance (or a coffin it would seem)"

Shame though, I like eggs. Cheers for sharing Werner

Eggs are fine Spong, you can eat 2 a week as part of a healthy diet. Eggs are like anything else we eat, as long as we eat it in moderation we will be fine.

I agree Werner Von Croy. There are so many illnesses that could do with extra funding for research. It seems pretty pointless to research egg consumption when common sense tells you that too many eggs are bad for you.
    http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6...newfavehf7.png
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken- Tyler Durden

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by humbug View Post
    you can eat 2 a week as part of a healthy diet.
    make it two ostrich eggs.

Well that's it, I'm doomed. Many mornings I eat two for breakfast and some days I have a fried egg too with dinner (If it's norty chips)

In fact, I can get through about 18 eggs a week. I know they are bad for cholesterol but I had mine checked a while ago and it was only 'slightly elevated' but I had those good elements that fight the bad (whatever that means). To be honest, I'm more concerned about smoking. I really want to give up before my upcoming birthday as a sort of gift to myself - even though I'll be like a raving, psychopathic lunatic for a good 6 weeks

Edit. Make that even more if I buy a jar of pickled eggs. They last all of two days

Thank god i dnt luv egg tht much i think i eat three egs per month and this is except the cakes and other stuff
    UR Nothin But WOMANIZER

Meh.

What next? Drinking orange juice is bad for you?

I love my eggs for breakfast and shan't be changing my ways (until at least, more conclusive proof comes out).

Well I love eggs , but I don't think I'd even be able to stomach 7 a week! Lo, you must have a tough tummy!

And yes, this research is a HUGE waste of time and money.

I hate eggs anyways. They just taste too bland to me or something. A little pepper helps, but still. Considering I live on a farm and raise chickens who lay free range eggs, you'd think otherwise.

Then again maybe not.

Our tax dollars at work folks

Eggs are so versatile, you can have them with anything; Salads, currys, fried boiled, poached, scrambled... so much stuff... And in the summer we have a lot of Salad's but im ok, i only eat a few eggs a month.

Still agree that it is pointless and a waste of money when they could be spending that on better research.

I have always eaten at one egg a day for many many years, whatever next will they come with a government health warning in bold capitals?

Warning eating eggs whilst pregnant may damge your babys health
    Warning eggs kill and those around you

I thought it was so ludicrous that I would share
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Von Croy View Post
    Warning eggs kill and those around you
    Maybe from the poisonous gases that escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    Maybe from the poisonous gases that escape.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Well I've just had two lovely fried eggs for breakfast.

Each egg was place in a half of pita bread. Mmm.. lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Well I've just had two lovely fried eggs for breakfast.

Each egg was place in a half of pita bread. Mmm.. lovely!
    Omega, have you ever tried an egg toastie? Obviously it can't be made like a regular sandwich before toasting. You lay the first slice of bread (butter side down as usual) in the toastie machine and press it down to make the two hollows deep enough. Then crack the egg onto it. Slam the roof on, shut the lid and just wait the usual amount of time.

The good thing is it's a bit of a surprise...ya just never know which half of the toastie contains the yolk, until you end up with...well egg on ya face

Umm, interesting idea - and can't say that I have tried it!

Best I can do along those lines is egg-in-toast.

Some of the club customers used to demand my 'Egg banjo Surpries' when they got the munchies at unsociable hours

Luckily, I always saw the 'sunny' side