Thread: 30 minute matchmaking ban

30 minute matchmaking ban

30 minute matchmaking ban

Just got a 30 minute matchmaking ban because I was "experiencing network issues". Are you kidding me? I play this game a ton (over 700+ hours) and I could count on one hand the times I have purposefully quit a match. Every other time has been a DC or a crash. And the DC's and crashes happen at least two or three teams in a 10 hour period, which doesn't sound like much except when you start getting these silly bans. This is a good way to drive away players.

edited to add: And I didn't even get the option of reconnecting. I don't know if the game was already over since it was pretty close when I had these "network issues".

We hear your frustration and are discussion some options. We're hoping to get some changes to you ASAP. The intention was never to temporarily ban players from matchmaking for having network errors so we're working to resolve that.

As to what may have happened exactly in your case, it is possible that someone replaced you in that match between your crash and when you returned. Our QA team in Montreal has been made aware of the situation where players are not able to reconnect (not given the option within that grace period) and are trying to determine if there is an actual issue there or if players are, indeed, being replaced. Additionally, we'll look at if that grace period should be adjusted for fairness to the player vs. the teams playing, but that is an additional conversation altogether.
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    We hear your frustration and are discussion some options. We're hoping to get some changes to you ASAP. The intention was never to temporarily ban players from matchmaking for having network errors so we're working to resolve that.
    Sidenote:
    Can you remove the ban from Private Servers when you are banned from matchmaking?
    One of our players had Network issues last Sunday, so we were actually afraid he'd get a 2h ban right before ESL started.
    There is no real reason to ban people from Private Servers anyway.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    Seriously, you need to take in account this type of scenario BEFORE choose the penalty, not after.

I mean is simple logic if you want to apply a certain rules/penalty, to imagine what would happen in case of connectivity issue, how come no dev think about this?

ok take in consideration the community feedback, but there are somethings, like this one, who dont need community feedback, all you need is little logic and think about 5 minuts.

Also the esl issue and private server bans, no need community feedback, you can imagine this scenario before apply the bans from matchmaking, why no one think about in advance?

Banned because the game crashed

Today when started a game the game closed for himself and I was banned, don't even appear the option "Reconnect" and now the rules of the ban is more stringent, I'm really pissed, thanks to god I only gain a 10 minutes ban, but if this continue to happen I will have worst bans.
    If you want add bans is ok, BUT FIRST you must be sure all problems of crashes must be solved. If you cannot at least make something for allow the player to Reconnect without problem, because often when you use reconnect he sai "the party is full and you cannot join" so you will take the ban even is not your fault. So if you want make a smart thing, do this:
    -First of all you must be sure the reconnect option appear EVEN when the game close
    -Then if a player cannot reconnet remove the ban, because if the game crash and another player take his place IS NOT HIS FAULT! Or hinder other players to enter if one crash
    BUT DO SOMETHING!!!!

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Sidenote:
    Can you remove the ban from Private Servers when you are banned from matchmaking?
    One of our players had Network issues last Sunday, so we were actually afraid he'd get a 2h ban right before ESL started.
    There is no real reason to ban people from Private Servers anyway.
    There's a penalty for leaving a Private server now too?? I always start a Private Match alone to warm up and then leave after a few minutes... won't be fair if I'd get a ban for that

Originally Posted by SirRudyMan
    There's a penalty for leaving a Private server now too?? I always start a Private Match alone to warm up and then leave after a few minutes... won't be fair if I'd get a ban for that
    No, he means you can't join a private server when you have a matchmaking ban. You still can leave private servers without getting a penalty

Originally Posted by Louves
    No, he means you can't join a private server when you have a matchmaking ban. You still can leave private servers without getting a penalty
    Oh thank goodness, got a little bit scared there for a moment