Thread: Idea for the random newspaper articles, datacubes, and e-mails

Idea for the random newspaper articles, datacubes, and e-mails

Idea for the random newspaper articles, datacubes, and e-mails

Let the community write them. Maybe limit it to one piece per person. That would be great.

I don't think that's something that should be left to the community. Newspapers, emails etc. are all a vital part of the main backstory (and that of sidequests etc.) and should therefore be left to the writers.

Cool

minusOne has a point. You do really need to know the setting very well to be able to come up with something interesting and related to the world, events, people, etc. Chris Todd did a good job for DX.

I do think that it will be possible to replace strings in the game with some creative modding, if you so desire.

Maybe only a few then. Keir said he was cooking up a community project, maybe he'd let us in and we'd write a few.

Originally Posted by GlobalNode
    Let the community write them. Maybe limit it to one piece per person. That would be great.

Ahhh..yes

ANYONE

ok I think that should be a good attention grabber! Anyone remember in DX 1
    where in the first stage of hong kong where your in that mj12 base? Remember when we saw that newspaper artical where it said Authorities were on the look out for "Insert Name". You know where if lets say for example if you put your name as the main characters real name it would be
    printed on news papers or news terminals later on in the game.

I think we should have stuff like that in the game. Maybe memo's left on the
    main characters desk or somewhere if he is working for unatco like Paul and JC does.

Also if you guys remembered the recipe for Chinese Silver Loaves in the Hong Kong Base where we met Tong. Its in the kitchen and I always wanted to test it out to see if that recipe is a real deal or something made up.
    Maybe I will just google Chinese silver Loaves and see that way.

If Eidos wants I can submit my recipe for Hot Fudge Sundae Cake! If anyone here is interested just Give me a pm and I'll send ya a copy. Trust me its great stuff. So other than real recipes and stuff you your characters real name on it, The name you make up yourself. I think the Midnight Sun Should
    also still be around since it was fun reading those.

Originally Posted by minus0ne
    Newspapers, emails etc. are all a vital part of the main backstory (and that of sidequests etc.) and should therefore be left to the writers.