• Not Deus Ex IW but something like that

5 20.00%
  • Not Zodiac but something like that

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: About Aliens

About Aliens

About Aliens

In Deus Ex the grays where never really explained, other then MJ12 existed and there base of operations was Area 51 that's about as far as it went. However in Invisible War the grays were said to be Versalife experiments that were going to be High radiation shock troops and the inter Alien conspiracy was a cover up. But in Zodiac the team ran with the idea that the Aliens where actually a real race of creatures from another planet and there ship had crashed here in 1947.

The question I was wondering is what do the fans believe Deus Ex 3 should play off of. Seeing as Deus Ex never really explained it, Invisible War sucked and Zodiac is a fan made mod. There is a lot of possibility here for involvement of extraterrestrials or not. I don't think I would want it to be the main plot in Deus Ex 3 but a side quest that explains what Edios Montreal thinks might be fun.

Thumbs Up The Grays

Of course, they need to include the Grays.

Hmm, to consult the almighty Deus Ex Script:

JC DENTON
    Alien technology?

MECHANIC
    That's what they say, but I think it's a lie. The grays are just clones -- they
    SAY from cells they got at Roswell, but how do we know? They could have just
    engineered monkeys to not have any hair.

JC DENTON
    Can the grays run the reactors?

MECHANIC
    Ha! They're monkeys! That's the thing: maybe they have super-brains, but they
    don't know anything about any alien civilization because they grew up in cages.

Sounds like a lot of room for explanation, but I'd rather they keep it a teasing mystery. :P

Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
    In Deus Ex the grays where never really explained, other then MJ12 existed and there base of operations was Area 51 that's about as far as it went.
    Really? And what is it?

Originally Posted by email from DX
    To: BPage//UpNet.658.9044
    Subject: RE: Bovine Manipulation

>I'd like to investigate the possibility of resurrecting
    >the bovine manipulation project (MJID-9803HU8932), with
    >an eye towards recreating the "Gray" lifeform -- while
    >the project was deemed a failure at the time, it _was_
    >successful as a propaganda tactic in diverting attention
    >away from actual Dreamland research. With recent advances
    >in genetic science, the Gray lifeform could be engineered
    >to protect MJ12 facilities while also serving as a useful
    >bit of meme indirection.

An interesting idea, Bob, but I'm sure MJ12's research allocations can be put to more substantial use pursuing our human augmentation projects; however, I'll bring up the idea with Stanton and Morgan.

Lucius
    aliens are engineered transgenics

and this:

Originally Posted by datacube from DX
    LAB 12 TESTING REGIMEN
    SUBJECT: LIFEFORM MJID-9803HU8932 ("GRAY")
    REGIMEN: SERIES 112-A

PROCEDURE: "GRAY" LIFEFORM APPEARS TO THRIVE IN AREAS OF HIGH RADIOACTIVITY WHILE ALSO BEING ABLE TO STORE AND RELEASE RADIOACTIVITY IN A CONTROLLED MANNER THROUGH AN ORGAN OF UNKNOWN OPERATION. FURTHER VIVISECTION IN COMBINATION WITH REGIMEN SERIES 112 WILL BE REQUIRED TO ACHIEVE A COHESIVE UNDERSTANDING OF THIS MECHANISM. SERIES 112-A SEEKS TO ESTABLISH BASELINE READINGS OF THE "GRAY" LIFEFORM IN BOTH A RADIOACTIVE AND NON-RADIOACTIVE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PROCEEDING TO SERIES 112-B.

RESEARCHERS ACQUIRING BASELINE READINGS SHOULD USE CONTAINMENT AREA SECURITY CONSOLE WITH LOGIN "LAB 12" AND PASSWORD "GRAYTEST" TO ENABLE OR DISABLE RADIOACTIVE FIELD AS REQUIRED AND REPORT ALL FINDINGS TO DR. FRANK ROAN FOR PROCESSING.

Originally Posted by IW Script
    Alex D: So you're a part of Versalife? I thought that corporation folded during the Collapse. Quite a few people believe they actually caused it, in fact.

Gray Leader: Versalife established an outpost here and set us on the ice to test our reactions to extreme conditions. We were the next generation of a project launched in Roswell. We were to be unstoppable ground troops, unfazed by cold or radiation. In other cases, our DNA was to be harvested to create biomodifications for humans, so that they could survive the aftermath of a nuclear war.

Alex D: So you're fully engineered transgenics, not aliens. That was just a cover story for a Cold War research project. But there aren't very many of you -- hardly an army.

Gray Leader: To prevent us from overpowering our masters by sheer numbers, we were created unable to reproduce. That is why the Templar threat to us is so dire -- we are all that remains.

Alex D: Now I understand.

However in Invisible War the grays were said to be Versalife experiments that were going to be High radiation shock troops and the inter Alien conspiracy was a cover up.
    so what can you see, IW not sucked

I'd rather they leave the Greys out of DX3. they fit in nicely with the whole conspiracy theme of DX, but would just be out of place in DX3. When they went the area51 route for the end game, they had to make a nod to Roswell and the whole alien cover up thing. It was totally in keeping with the overall tone of the game.

I am not very fond of them either but if VersaLife is in the game, the Greys should be too. DX3 should at least contain traces of Greys and alien conspiracy nuts.

Maybe they could be mentioned in a datacube somewhere about a "possible future project to recreate the Gray lifeform" ?

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    I am not very fond of them either but if VersaLife is in the game, the Greys should be too. DX3 should at least contain traces of Greys and alien conspiracy nuts.
    They should because... well... just because you say so, is that it? Because EVERYTHING that was in DX, should be regurgitated in DX3?

Aliens? Well, I think that movie did them well.

I don't particularly care how aliens are handled as long as they mostly stick to an incidental "Oh, that's neat" background role, like the greys in DX. Not really relevant to the plot, but there to add a little more depth to the world. That's assuming they're even in the game at all. Maybe have some crazy bum mumblig about a hidden project he discovered at VL before having to make a break for it and disappear.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Personally I don't know but I think people loves speaking aliens and their Asguard looking
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

Originally Posted by ZylonBane
    They should because... well... just because you say so, is that it?
    Yes. Blessed are the cheesemakers!

The aliens have been a part of DX1, DX2, Zodiac and TNM. Like it or not, they are a part of the DX universe.

Originally Posted by nexus
    Well that's fairly clear but the question still remains what crashed in Roswell that got the government to form MJ12 in 1947. In your post above it's made clear that the government is not in contact with aliens, but there is just about no mention of what happened in Roswell and why MJ12 was formed the same year. Other then the documents on MJ12 that already exist.

Even if the engineered transgenics are not aliens the game still dose not explain where the researchers got the DNA to make them. They ether made the DNA from scratch or found it. It's clear that Page used them to make people beleive, if they somehow broke into Area 51, that the government was engaged in a conspiracy with Aliens and that the "grays" are the real enemy.

Still that doesn't keep the door shut on the idea that an alien craft crashed here in 1947, and that's how the Area 51 scientist got the baseline DNA to manufacture the "grays". This also leaves the door open for exploration in the subject.

Although I must admit I too would not like Deus Ex 3 to go too deeply into the subject. Although when they run out of ideas for sequels, like in IW, it would be mush better to produce a game that explores this.

Well that's fairly clear but the question still remains what crashed in Roswell that got the government to form MJ12 in 1947.
    The alien craft crashed in 1947. The government formed MJ12 and scientists tried to recreating the "Gray" lifeform, but
    >the project was deemed a failure at the time, it _was_
    >successful as a propaganda tactic in diverting attention
    >away from actual Dreamland research.
    Some time later Bob Page

like to investigate the possibility of resurrecting
    >the bovine manipulation project (MJID-9803HU8932), with
    >an eye towards recreating the "Gray" lifeform
    Scientists engineered the "gray" based on DNA obtained from real grays who crashed in Roswell.

The alien craft crashed in 1947. The government formed MJ12 and scientists tried to recreating the "Gray" lifeform, but

Some time later Bob Page

Scientists engineered the "gray" based on DNA obtained from real grays who crashed in Roswell.
    Except Bovine's are cows. This was probably a nod to mutilations... but page implied that through mutilations some how they were able to create greys. Although it's painfully clear that the story contradicts itself since they say greys have unknown organs... and since we all know what organs are in a cow... this implies it's Alien. Soooooo.... to me this sounds like Aliens crashed in roswel... MJ-12 was launched to deal with the politics and secrecy behind the event.... they later realized there was much to learn from the biology of the specimen.... so they started some gene manipulation in which they spliced in Alien DNA with Bovine's to create the Grays.

It's very likely that the real Aliens look nothing like the grays... and although the grays are man made... they still are "Alien" since they contain E.T. DNA.

That is my $0.02 cents.

Not to mention... this game was based on conspiracy... who do you trust when interpreting events that happened long before your time.... who knows if Page even knows what really happened....

Say Aliens did crash in '47... do you think Obama would be briefed? Or would the top secret facilities run in shadows?

The latter is more convincing.

Also, why shouldn't DX 3 delve into this as a sub plot? It's so meaty and entertaining to anybody who likes sci-fi. I mean it's so different in contrast to other sci-fi novels like War of the Worlds where the aliens just invade... etc etc.

It's more..... realistic... and conspiracy theories are practically defined by Roswell. It's clear the inspiration for the entire motive the designers were pushing stemmed with the real life CT counterparts that people spout on about all day.

If there is one real truth.... that is hundreds of thousands of written and video accounts to this very day still try to support the conspiracy theory that Area 51 covered up the Roswell crash. That's like saying the Beatle's rock.... we were inspired by them... and then creating a metal album dedicated to Paul Mcartney.

You might as well just spit on them.... since your disrespecting your "source" of inspiration.

Well that's fairly clear but the question still remains what crashed in Roswell that got the government to form MJ12 in 1947. In your post above it's made clear that the government is not in contact with aliens, but there is just about no mention of what happened in Roswell and why MJ12 was formed the same year. Other then the documents on MJ12 that already exist.
    In DX it's said MJ12 was founded as an arm of the Illuminati to control the development of technology (as Bilderberg was founded to control finance), "the government" didn't form MJ12 (if you're referring to the US government, the Illuminati didn't control the US in the mid-20th century).
    Even if the engineered transgenics are not aliens the game still dose not explain where the researchers got the DNA to make them. They ether made the DNA from scratch or found it. It's clear that Page used them to make people beleive, if they somehow broke into Area 51, that the government was engaged in a conspiracy with Aliens and that the "grays" are the real enemy.
    Transgenic implies a combination of DNA of several species; for example, they could've gotten the radiation and extreme cold resistance from Deinococcus radiodurans, while getting the rest from human or ape DNA. They didn't make the Grays from scratch, they "simply" combined the DNA of several species, resulting in Grays, Greasels and Karkians (not that it's easy, but hey, it's a game ).
    Still that doesn't keep the door shut on the idea that an alien craft crashed here in 1947, and that's how the Area 51 scientist got the baseline DNA to manufacture the "grays". This also leaves the door open for exploration in the subject.
    In my opinion, there is no door. Grays aren't aliens, nowhere is it implied that they are, nor that their DNA is part alien. In fact, the opposite is often implied, whereas the "alien angle" is often cited as a cover story (i.e. false).There's plenty of DNA right here on earth
    Although I must admit I too would not like Deus Ex 3 to go too deeply into the subject. Although when they run out of ideas for sequels, like in IW, it would be mush better to produce a game that explores this.
    I don't think DX3 should focus on aliens at all. There might be an odd mention or news bulletin of a Mars mission finding Martian bacteria in water ice or some such, but as far as I'm concerned, no actual multi-cellular aliens in DX3, thank you very much

Regarding transgenics, well, it's 2027, so I highly doubt there won't be any research of the kind being done (as it's already being done today, especially on 'simple' organisms like bacteria and algae and plants), in fact there are multiple transgenics already, from fish to mice and even primates. Although DX3 would obviously need to find the fine line between the here and now and the world of DX, so they definitely shouldn't go overboard on the subject.

Not going to go full-bore on my reasoning here, but I just feel like a first-party explanation should always be taken before a third-party mod. Just my personal opinion. Then again this talk of an even bigger cover-up intrigues me too, could make for an interesting plot if handled well. =)
    "Square Root of 912.04 is 30.2... It all seemed so harmless..."

Originally Posted by minus0ne
    In my opinion, there is no door. Grays aren't aliens, nowhere is it implied that they are, nor that their DNA is part alien. In fact, the opposite is often implied, whereas the "alien angle" is often cited as a cover story (i.e. false).There's plenty of DNA right here on earth
    If grays aren't aliens so tell me what is it mean that scientists wanted to "recreating the 'Gray' lifeform"? How can you recreate something what doesn't exist?

This is a fascinating topic.

DX was all about conspiracies, first and foremost. Even in the books you find -- reference to the Order of the Cincinatti, the Bilderberg Group, Roswell, etc. The developers might wish to tap this vein more -- as long as it doesn't dominate the result. DX had Grays in it, but it was not about Grays.

If grays aren't aliens so tell me what is it mean that scientists wanted to "recreating the 'Gray' lifeform"? How can you recreate something what doesn't exist?
    They wanted to recreate the results from the bovine manipulation project (MJID-9803HU8932). This project was first responsible for creating the Gray lifeforms. Page wants to see if the current MJ12 scientists can also make the Gray lifeforms since the original specimens have probably died by now or were destroyed after the initial experiment was over.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    They wanted to recreate the results from the bovine manipulation project (MJID-9803HU8932). This project was first responsible for creating the Gray lifeforms. Page wants to see if the current MJ12 scientists can also make the Gray lifeforms since the original specimens have probably died by now or were destroyed after the initial experiment was over.
    OK, this is one of two theories. Maybe in DX3 we'll find more info

OK, this is one of two theories. Maybe in DX3 we'll find more info
    do any of the "explanations" really matter? It's all about the questions, NOT the answers. There should most certainly be random people who say things about aliens, conspiracy folks, paranoids, nutters.... that's what the DX lore is about, the questions and paranoia... too many simple answers=boring.

Originally Posted by InGroove2
    too many simple answers=boring.
    we have two games and third in development. it's time to reveal some answers.
    too many questions without answers = hmm.. this is game not reality. if you want questions without answers, read real conspiracy theories this is game with the story. sooner or later you should give the answers.

too many questions without answers = hmm.. this is game not reality. if you want questions without answers, read real conspiracy theories this is game with the story. sooner or later you should give the answers.
    have you seen the xfiles? i think keeping the mystery vital and alive is key. not NECESSARILY to answer questions, unless of course those answers simply beg more questions. otherwise you're just pandering to people who don't have the attention span to see the larger issues and need the small issues answered as bread crumbs to a predictable end.

xfiles did this most memorably... lost has exploited the xfiles concept and put into hyperdrive. spector mentions having the xfiles in mind with DX.

too many questions without answers=writers having to write a good enough story and charcters to carry an audience without having to explain every little thing.

Well, it's just a game, and greys are not part of the main story. I understand how you feel, but maybe some things are best left unexplained. In fact, I've always slightly resented DX1 for suggesting only a single explanation for the greys, rather that a few equally plausible ones.

I guess it's just a matter of taste.

these gray blokes are a bit confusing but now onto the real matter.

when need a high bum to let out of his cell.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last