98 56.32%
  • 3b) The drama deals with a whole different matter

38 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: The Dentons (vote three times)

The Dentons (vote three times)

The Dentons (vote three times)

So far there have been various opinions about how the Dentons should be considered for DX3.

IT'S A MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL, there are 2 alternatives per choice, please vote.

The issue here is whether one can dissociate Deus Ex from the Dentons.
    "The year is 2027"

I vote 1a) 2a) 3a)
    Beacause the dentons are the most advenced nanotech agents (they have some mechanical powers and keep an human look)
    The previous "models" of agents are Anna, Gunther, Jordan and Walton (from DX 1)
    And DX 1 and 2 uses the dentons JC for the 1 Alex for the 2

The "clones" can made something interresting to the game ...

1b, 2b, 3a for my part, that would bring some change.

Originally Posted by jordan_a
    NO!

Deus Ex isn't Deus Ex without JC. Paul was even expendable in DX1, so even by canon standards he's second to JC.

So to me, none of the above poll questions applies.

I think we should be able to play as paul. Making alliances with the paris people and meeting those whom we never saw in number 1. Going through paul's life and missions he did before JC arrived. Than finnaly the Final mission...which would be like an epiloge thing. GO meet JC at the Pier Docks...Hence the Beginning of DX 1.

That, or we could even follow Paul past JC's meeting him in Hong Kong (as in DX' Zodiac mod), and taking on UNATCO/MJ12, and maybe even the Illuminati, later on, since he was allied with Tong.

I don't know but most of us think this DX is a prequel intehead of a sequel ....

O, I meant starting off as a prequel (I seriously want a prequel), but (if the story writing, resources, and time permit) following the story into the DX1 period. I would certainly like to know what Paul was up to, when Manderley said that he had not reported back, yet. I am sure that Manderley could have known, with his always on infolink, but somehow Paul managed to elude everyone. I want to delve into these mysteries.

The polls seem clear: no revolution wanted!

Although the idea of playing as paul and hear his story is intriguing, I'd rather see new things.

Imagine playing as paul.. If ur a hordcore DX fan like most of us here, then u would already know what to expect.
    That would be a bit disappointing to me..

As long as the feel and elements of the themes of DX1 are carried forward, fundamental differences in the story shouldn't hamper the games reception too much, in my opinion anyway.

Originally Posted by Larington
    As long as the feel and elements of the themes of DX1 are carried forward, fundamental differences in the story shouldn't hamper the games reception too much, in my opinion anyway.
    Yes I agree. I am kinda really hoping for a prequal cuz I would really love to
    play as paul and see what his side of things were before Deus Ex 1. His secret Betrayal. His missions with the Triads and the Paris terrorists and
    the places he has been and done. If they did that and kept it as great
    with all the same feel and elements as the first game than I think deus ex
    3 will be even better than the first....maybe.

Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Although the idea of playing as paul and hear his story is intriguing, I'd rather see new things.

Imagine playing as paul.. If ur a hordcore DX fan like most of us here, then u would already know what to expect.
    That would be a bit disappointing to me..
    Sure, a lot of us have played DX1 so many times, as to know where the guards are, before we even peek around the wall, but perhaps DX3 could still have multiple endings, even if we played as Paul? Sure, nothing would change the events in DX1, but:

1) DX3 could end some time before the events of DX1, so that by the time of DX1 everything becomes the DX1 world we all know and love.

OR,

2) Paul's prequel could start out before the events of DX1 (I have suggested that before, somewhere), continue through the events of DX1 (so you get to not report back to Manderly, after JC takes out the NSF generator in NYC), and continue beyond Paul's being saved from the killswitch (okay, so I am forcing a story event, but I so want Paul to live), so we get to play him beyond the time that JC was in Hong Kong. Paul was always so secretive, so it is not unreasonable to think that Paul was behind some of the things that happened in DX1, like the explosion at OceanLab's underwater facility, so maybe we get to follow Paul through there. Since Jock was so good with secrets, maybe he did not tell JC that he was also transporting Paul. Maybe we even get to follow Paul's actions beyond JC's DX1 endings; perhaps he was helping restore order, as the MJ12 collapsed, with the fall of Area 51, or perhaps he organized resistance to the Illuminati's new bid for world power, or perhaps he opposed Helios' seeking to control everything. Maybe this is the point where Paul has to make his endgame choices: whether to ally with the Illuminati (or to fight them), or to oppose Helios (or to fight those who oppose it), or to take the long route of helping the individual small groups (like Silhouette, NSF, etc.) restore order in their own respective territories (as in Tong's Dark Age).

Just my thoughts, why we could have a great game, and still get to follow Paul, starting with a prequel.

P.S. Is it just me, or are the positions of the guards, and a few other things, different in the version downloadable from Steam, as compared to the DX GOTY edition from 7 years ago?

Originally Posted by Blade_hunter
    I don't know but most of us think this DX is a prequel intehead of a sequel ....
    And Eidos has been working tirelessly to reverse that notion.

Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace
    And Eidos has been working tirelessly to reverse that notion.
    I'm not so sure: the concept art shows mechanical augs. Of course, it is possible that law enforcement agencies went back to mech augs because of the potential for nano augs to hide among the public, to cause trouble; say the MJ12 MiBs/WiBs became ordinary citizens, in the aftermath of DX1, and some of the more notorious ones started causing trouble, leading law enforcement to think that their super-agents should always stand out in the crowd.

1a, 2a, 3a.

Deus Ex isn't Deus Ex without the Dentons.

Imagine Zelda without Link, Halo with out Master Chief, Half-Life without Gordon, Tomb Raider without Croft.

It just doesn't happen.

Also, if Deus Ex 3 is a sequel to Invisible War, I would like Alex to return as well.

Cool

All those options are valid, as far as I am concerned, but it should be possible to continue the game without Dentons in the lead.

We have 39/60 allowed votes...

Should I erase that thread and create a new one in which title I will precise it's a multichoice poll?

Question

I am not sure I understand what you mean ???

Well 20 have voted, and 3 questions are submitted thus 3 votes: 3x20 = 60 votes. And we only have 39/60 so far.

Maybe we should repost the thread and underline the availibity to vote three times. To erase or transfer that topic within a new thread.

Cool

Well, as you pointed out yourself:
    Originally Posted by jordan_a
    This can obviously be answered and clarified in a post instead of voting, so a poll is not that important in this case (IMO).

Era's End? (Aplogies to Alexander Brandon)

I have too much to say for this post, but I will start with my aspirations.

The creation of Deus Ex was the creation of something that had not been seen before and perhaps since. The artistry and dedication, and attention to detail has not been seen at least by me before or since. Creating a being in the future world in a way that allowed you to Be the being in the future world was a unique gift. (Yes, I know it get the RPG label, but I think there was more there.)

Perhaps what would make Deus Ex 3 as good as the first is that it would be as unexpected, as artistic, as challenging, as thought provoking, as literary, true to the being of human being, as evolutionary in relationships. A game where you don't know or know the wrong thing, and where some people you meet are just people and not important to the plot or your actions. A game where the ordinary is profound because it is grounded in the way real life works. ..complaining about soda machines, having an office and a boss.

So like the dragon fly, Deus Ex it is headed somewhere and it carries with it the DNA of the previous two games, but where it will end is anyones guess.

Anna Navarre as the main character

Kill everything (including all children at all levels). Gunter will help to achieve this mission. The player will become a God at the end of the game.

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf806
    1a, 2a, 3a.

Deus Ex isn't Deus Ex without the Dentons.

Imagine Zelda without Link, Halo with out Master Chief, Half-Life without Gordon, Tomb Raider without Croft.

It just doesn't happen.

Also, if Deus Ex 3 is a sequel to Invisible War, I would like Alex to return as well.
    I'm not sure. I voted 1b, 2a, 3a. I think DX is more like a saga series, not an "adventures of" series. I don't know.

I would like to learn more about Paul though, as he was obviously the only person in DX1 that you HAD to trust. I think it would be cool to find out something about him that would make you go "oh!" when you played through DX1 after playing DX3. Like some major plot thang. Paul saves Walt Simons' life, that kind of thing.

Originally Posted by Voltaire
    I would like to learn more about Paul though, as he was obviously the only person in DX1 that you HAD to trust. I think it would be cool to find out something about him that would make you go "oh!" when you played through DX1 after playing DX3.
    Sounds great! Haven't thought of it up until now and it would make a great plot

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last