Thread: Augmentation Ideas

Augmentation Ideas

Augmentation Ideas

I liked the idea that you couldn't overwrite your old augs, but I couldn't understand why you couldn't upgrade them, but I have an idea!

take the vision enhancement aug from DX level1 night vision, level2 infra vision

but what if the augmentation canisters of the same type upgraded each level? so if you only have a level 1 vision enhancement, if you find another augmentation cannister, if you use that for vision again, instead of getting level 2, you get better night vision? and if you have level 2, you can choose to either get better night vision or better infra vision

this would make more sense I think, and it could be implemented for all of the augs

then the upgrade cannisters just push it up a level, getting you something new from the aug, like with strength you can lift heavier things at level 1, at level 2 you have a stronger melee, etc. and then the upgrades of the levels are kinda obvious from there.

I still think there should be the choice though, so if there was one universal strength one in the arm, the other aug should be something like EMP pulse in attack (a la DX:IW)level1:EMP pulse level2:scramble effect level1 upgrade:stronger EMP level 2 upgrade:longer scramble EMP

anyway my first thread on ANY forum, what do you think of the ideas?

First off, welcome to the forums, now for the hard science.
    The reason that the biomod canisters and upgrade canisters were different was thus: biomod canisters held the foundation software, the scafolding of the biomod, adapted to the area's local tissue and taking in to account what is biologically bad in that area, such as a loin based mod to regulate bodily functions noticing a distinct lack of oestrogen or testosterone, I know that was a bad example but commercially speaking it would be a very profitable civilian mod, but the upgrade canisters were multipurpose. They'd go in, find the relevant data and start building as necessary. As such they were smaller, thus stackable, and were all identical, or at least the compatable DNA was the only difference between them. I hope this makes sense because I'm not entirely awake at the moment.

Originally Posted by Blade_hunter
    I propose these mods

Active biomods

-Microfibral Muscle when activated the mod gives you more strengh, you can carry heavy objects, jump a bit higher, control weapons with big recoil, carry more items (Except if you normal strengh is on higher level), moving faster with heavy stuff, amplifies melee attacks, improve heavy weapons control
    -Speed enhancement when activated the mod gives you more speed, you can run quickly, make very high jumps, prevents failing damage, swim faster, melee attacks are very fast, accuracy with low speed weapons are better

-Energy shield This shield protects the user from all energy attacks type when the mod still active
    -Emmiting shield This mod gives you a protection gainst slow moving projectiles like rockets, grenades and trigger all mines near you

-Ballistic protection This mod rigidified your skin and gives you a protection against all physical attacks when the mod is active
    -Environemental resistance This mod modifies the skin to resist at flaming, biological and radio active attacks, but it protects only your skin

-Cloak When active this mod gives you the invisibility
    -Radar transparency Makes player invisible to robots, turrets, and some cameras

-Silent mode Reduces sound caused by the player
    -Noisy drone Spawn a small done can emmits some differents noises to distract and attract ennemies to desired places.

-Regeneration Restores health, heals quicker, reducing bioenergy requirements, at higher levels
    -Health Leech Drone This biomod launches a small drone, which breaks down nearby corpses and unconscious bodies and uses the converted organic matter to heal the player.

-Biotox drone This mod Launches a drone armed with a tranquilizer bullet. Hovers near the player and attacks hostile targets autonomously. The drone's bullet attack is fairly quiet. Only attacks organic targets.
    -Ion drone This mod launches a drone armed with an ionic ray. Hovers near the player and attacks hostile targets autonomously. Only attacks mechanical targets.

-Spy drone Spawns a small drone that you control and you can see where it goes. The drone can fire a single EMP pulse.
    -Bot controller drone Spawns a small drone that you control and you can see where it goes. The drone can take control of ennemy bots.
    Enables remote sensory control of bots, cameras and turrets. At higher levels, domination of more complex systems over greater distances becomes possible.

-Vision Enhancement Nightvision, infravision, and see through walls.
    -Sound amplifier amplifies sound of your targeted point.

-Light A permanent augmentation that lets you turn on a flashlight from your eyes
    -Enhanced touch A permanent augmentation gives you the possibility to read erased papers written with a pen ,braille codes and some etched scriptures

-Acid touch A bio mod thant makes your hands a more effective weapon and give damages by acid
    -Bio energy amplifier This bio mod amplifies your bio electricity and permits to use this as a weapon or a generator

Passive biomods

-Synthetic Heart Boosts all augs up one level, unless any are maxed.
    -Power Recirculator Reduces bioenergy drain of active augmentations.
    We can add more and after select the good stuff or modifies the fuction of each if it's inapropriate ...

Originally Posted by GruntOwner
    First off, welcome to the forums, now for the hard science.
    The reason that the biomod canisters and upgrade canisters were different was thus: biomod canisters held the foundation software, the scafolding of the biomod, adapted to the area's local tissue and taking in to account what is biologically bad in that area, such as a loin based mod to regulate bodily functions noticing a distinct lack of oestrogen or testosterone, I know that was a bad example but commercially speaking it would be a very profitable civilian mod, but the upgrade canisters were multipurpose. They'd go in, find the relevant data and start building as necessary. As such they were smaller, thus stackable, and were all identical, or at least the compatable DNA was the only difference between them. I hope this makes sense because I'm not entirely awake at the moment.
    this all makes sense, but surely, using your example, if there was a biomod for detecting testosterone or oestrogen levels, and changing them acordingly (sp?), surely it would be more effective if there were more base nanites? so more nanites checking the levels, or more releasing the correct hormone? it would be much faster?

and i think your probably right, with the system i said, the augmentation upgrades would be too different, so they would have to be a seperate upgrade for each aug... which would add too many items, take up too much time etc

i still think that you should be able to upgrade your augmentations with cannisters of the same type though, so if you have 2 stregnth ones, you can get to stregnth level 2 much faster

Thumbs Up

Originally Posted by Blade_hunter
    Originally Posted by Blade_hunter View Post
    I propose these mods

Active biomods

-Microfibral Muscle when activated the mod gives you more strengh, you can carry heavy objects, jump a bit higher, control weapons with big recoil, carry more items (Except if you normal strengh is on higher level), moving faster with heavy stuff, amplifies melee attacks, improve heavy weapons control
    -Speed enhancement when activated the mod gives you more speed, you can run quickly, make very high jumps, prevents failing damage, swim faster, melee attacks are very fast, accuracy with low speed weapons are better

-Energy shield This shield protects the user from all energy attacks type when the mod still active
    -Emmiting shield This mod gives you a protection gainst slow moving projectiles like rockets, grenades and trigger all mines near you

-Ballistic protection This mod rigidified your skin and gives you a protection against all physical attacks when the mod is active
    -Environemental resistance This mod modifies the skin to resist at flaming, biological and radio active attacks, but it protects only your skin

-Cloak When active this mod gives you the invisibility
    -Radar transparency Makes player invisible to robots, turrets, and some cameras

-Silent mode Reduces sound caused by the player
    -Noisy drone Spawn a small done can emmits some differents noises to distract and attract ennemies to desired places.

-Regeneration Restores health, heals quicker, reducing bioenergy requirements, at higher levels
    -Health Leech Drone This biomod launches a small drone, which breaks down nearby corpses and unconscious bodies and uses the converted organic matter to heal the player.

-Biotox drone This mod Launches a drone armed with a tranquilizer bullet. Hovers near the player and attacks hostile targets autonomously. The drone's bullet attack is fairly quiet. Only attacks organic targets.
    -Ion drone This mod launches a drone armed with an ionic ray. Hovers near the player and attacks hostile targets autonomously. Only attacks mechanical targets.

-Spy drone Spawns a small drone that you control and you can see where it goes. The drone can fire a single EMP pulse.
    -Bot controller drone Spawns a small drone that you control and you can see where it goes. The drone can take control of ennemy bots.
    Enables remote sensory control of bots, cameras and turrets. At higher levels, domination of more complex systems over greater distances becomes possible.

-Vision Enhancement Nightvision, infravision, and see through walls.
    -Sound amplifier amplifies sound of your targeted point.

-Light A permanent augmentation that lets you turn on a flashlight from your eyes
    -Enhanced touch A permanent augmentation gives you the possibility to read erased papers written with a pen ,braille codes and some etched scriptures

-Acid touch A bio mod thant makes your hands a more effective weapon and give damages by acid
    -Bio energy amplifier This bio mod amplifies your bio electricity and permits to use this as a weapon or a generator

Passive biomods

-Synthetic Heart Boosts all augs up one level, unless any are maxed.
    -Power Recirculator Reduces bioenergy drain of active augmentations.
    We can add more and after select the good stuff or modifies the fuction of each if it's inapropriate ...
    most of these sound pretty good, im just not quite sure on a couple of things.

for example the sound amplifier? i cant think of many places where it would be more useful than vision enhancement, only if you were told to spy on a meeting or something, but thats only one thing, and vision enhancement could help in lots more places.

and also, where are all of the augs? which ones are in the legs? and which are in the arms etc. things like number 6, in DX regeneration was in the chest area, and health leech drone was in the legs (if i remember correctly) in DX:IW. it would be fine to mix them up a little like have a legs aug with an arms one, but this would confuse some people, and the developers would have to put them in in a certain order, and on your first playthrough you might find an aug (wow health leech drone, im having that!) and then later on find an aug that goes in the same slot thats even better (regeneration? aww stupid health leech drone)

the only way to avoid that would be to tell everyone what augs will be in the game, but then you might find yourself keeping one slot open until very close to the end. for that one aug that sounds great, but probably isnt as cool as you think.

and with the permanent augs (sec. 10) shouldnt they all be permanent? i mean you cant replace them? i think one of the main ways DX:IW fell down was that you didnt feel connected with anything, everything was replacable, your augs, you could choose any, and if you didnt like them you could just change them. your weapon, in DX i had built a really good weapon, and the first time i played through getting captured by UNATCO i was worried i wouldnt get it back, but if someone took my things in DX:IW i didnt really mind, hundreds of other weapon mods meant that i could just build another one.

unless by permanent you mean you have it from the very start? (sorry, this is my train of thought really )

other than that they all sound great, i like most of your ideas

Originally Posted by c37579
    this all makes sense, but surely, using your example, if there was a biomod for detecting testosterone or oestrogen levels, and changing them acordingly (sp?), surely it would be more effective if there were more base nanites? so more nanites checking the levels, or more releasing the correct hormone? it would be much faster?
    My bad, I meant to add to that that having said biomod in your cranium might somewhat confuse it and result in very bad things involving phallical protrusions from the forehead, so you're probably right.

As for mod ideas, I would love to see a few more passive mods, done simmilarly to the neural interface from IW, only not a replacement for skills. Maybe one that identified the taget; their weapon and calculated how much ammo they would have by the estimated force being applied to the dround and their height/uniform. Something with effects too insignificant to pay energy for, but still a brilliant asset for threat assessment or non-direct combat.

an aug i would like to see would be one that disguises you to look like an enemy, so you point and activate it, and for as long as you have it on you look like the enemy, so they will all act as if you are on thier side.

if any of you have played the spells mod (http://deusexrevolution.110mb.com/Mods_Spell.html) its the disguise spell, but as an aug, this could be pretty interesting, for a few missions getting a little background info (he george did you hear? bobs being going around changing all the codes blah blah) and could offer some pretty funny moments aswell.

of course the downnside could be that you allies think that you are the enemy, unless they saw you getting disguised, not to mention a large drain on your energy

Originally Posted by c37579
    an aug i would like to see would be one that disguises you to look like an enemy, so you point and activate it, and for as long as you have it on you look like the enemy, so they will all act as if you are on thier side.

if any of you have played the spells mod (http://deusexrevolution.110mb.com/Mods_Spell.html) its the disguise spell, but as an aug, this could be pretty interesting, for a few missions getting a little background info (he george did you hear? bobs being going around changing all the codes blah blah) and could offer some pretty funny moments aswell.

of course the downnside could be that you allies think that you are the enemy, unless they saw you getting disguised, not to mention a large drain on your energy
    This would be cool. Why not make it possible to take enemies outfits if they have only been paralyzed but not shot at. Then you have to close off your HUD to make your eyes to look normal and not lighten up. This would be cool effect to gaming. But you could not use your biomods in other peoples outfits, you have to be normal. Maybe even not show up any kind of weapon that is special for you, only weapons that the enemy reconize like their own outfit.

A permenant upgrade that you incorperate into your main suit so it constantly adapts to the general colour of your surroundings. nothing too precise, just the shade and colour so people can't see you as well at long range, so it's actually feesable to run madly across the open plains without every sniper on the map wasting you. also, a great conversation piece in bars/brightly coloured clubs. Maybe a passive upgrade because it would be laughable compared to an actual cloak, but still an option if you don't mind giving up the alternative and find bots to be more of a problem than organics detecting you. I'm not sure about the uniform stealing idea, it could work or it could go wrong, so I won't say anything on the subject for now.

Regenaration is a must

Telekenetic powers - Lift or drag this over to you or be able to throw things really far so if there is a room filled full of guards and your in the vents you can pick up items with your mind and toss them in the other room so the guards will leave that room and inspect the noise..giving you time to sneak in and hack computers...ect.

Disguise Aug...Scan a dead body and project a hologram around you so that you look and or sound just like that person.

Bullet shield aug

Energy sheild aug

Toxin Shield aug

Aug that allows you to see things that are far away...close up..like a telescope.

Spy aug..send a small spider like robot that can walk ANYWHERE..ceiling and the walls and always see right side up...Like a hidden camarah that you can use to inspect area's before going in them.