Thread: Deus ex Movie

Deus ex Movie

Deus ex Movie

Hey!
    Its not impossible =P We have Tomb raider and Hitman in the cinema and both eidos games..someday it could be deus ex hehe
    Just wondering.

Look up about it already, it's been in the works before, just never got started.

There was a Deus Ex film in the works, back before IW bombed and the franchise came to a screeching halt. Unfortunately, the project was attempting to cram the entire DX storyline into a single film- a task I feel is flawed and all but impossible.

I would hope for a cliffhanger ending right at the end of JC's defection from UNATCO to finish the first film, with an eventual trilogy (ala "Resident Evil" to complete the story).

I actually had begun a draft of a screenplay for my college screenwriting class, but I felt I was just too darn close to the material. Couldn't make the necessary cuts/changes because I wanted to include everything that made the game great (let's face it, no studio is going to go for a 3 1/2 hour long mega-epic based on a video game!)

-Wildcat

The problem with the movie from what I've read was they tried to make JC even "darker". Understand his past was troubled, but making this hero into some psycho type just doesn't sit well, as he's the guy you're playing in game!

We know of his past by snapshots, filling them in is fine, but making JC into some Batman just ruins the DX1 concept of him.

Think DX3 has a huge hurdle to jump over, since all that we define Deus Ex to be revolves around DX1. Everything from the music to the voices. Transposing that onto film would tax any studio, especially transferring that same feel from the game.

Originally Posted by LeadingStoker
    Transposing that onto film would tax any studio, especially transferring that same feel from the game.
    'Transposing' into a film? That's a new way to use mathematical operations to convert video games to movies..

Anyway, a movie which focuses on Paul Denton, or Jaime Reyes instead of JC would make a good movie.

Originally Posted by Tracer Tong
    'Transposing' into a film? That's a new way to use mathematical operations to convert video games to movies..

Anyway, a movie which focuses on Paul Denton, or Jaime Reyes instead of JC would make a good movie.
    What math? Wasn't posting about math (yes, this is LeadingStoker...finally found my old DX nick!), but the transposing what IS DX1 onto film with actors and voice overs.

DX1 isn't about Paul or Jamie. You don't play either in the original, you played JC -- and a main reason DX2 failed was JC was but Paul in DX1. Playing a metrosexual guy/gal didn't help, either. The generic approach is a wash.