Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: In BSM:P, I hope there's no...

In BSM:P, I hope there's no...

In BSM:P, I hope there's no...

...destroyer depth charge view.

I don't mind, but the deeper you get, the harder it is to see, and the sub CAN'T be seen at depth 4.

Yes, it can.

I don't know if they're able to see the sub itself, or if it's the box that appears around a unit when you aim at it, but they can definitely be seen even at depth 4.

I know they can NOW, that post was directed toward the sequal.

Originally Posted by xgamerms999
    I know they can NOW, that post was directed toward the sequal.

ye it should be improved

We discussed this in the focus group.
    My idea was that you could have the screen ONLY if your destroyer has a ping (Or any other ship). Once the sub is running silent or is at crush depth, the screen goes away.

Well, if a submarine is going to dive so deep that it can't be seen via depth charge view, then the sub itself is going to have to rise and dive quicker to compensate for that.

I hope there is no white trails trailing the shells and the little woosh from the side guns goes away.

I hope that if subs are going to become much more stealthy underwater like in the real world (which is fair), then to counterbalance that they cannot move underwater at surface speeds, maybe move more like speed 10, and are forced to rely more on strategy and pre-positioning.

Originally Posted by Scipio65
    I hope that if subs are going to become much more stealthy underwater like in the real world (which is fair), then to counterbalance that they cannot move underwater at surface speeds, maybe move more like speed 10, and are forced to rely more on strategy and pre-positioning.
    speed ten is crazy slow they run at 25 under water and 30 on top. At max take the speed down to 20 and make their torps more deadly and faster.

As far as the more stealthy underwater abilities, I agree....But 10 knots is way too slow.

Don't take their full-speed below 20.

Originally Posted by Red October
    I hope there is no white trails trailing the shells and the little woosh from the side guns goes away.
    negative...
    i like those tracers

...noobs who doesn't know how to use damage control(respons to the topic eh ^^)

Thumbs Up

...noobs who doesn't know how to use damage control(respons to the topic eh ^^)

Noobs in general!!

Noobs in general!!

I can firmly say that we all agree on this.

I need those, I need to see just where the hell my shot landed so I can adjust my guns accordingly.

It also helps report hackers, since you should be able to see the white cannon trail travel in an exactly parabolic arc. If it suddenly starts moving in flight to compensate for your evasive manoeuvres you know the ******* on the other end is hacking.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with subs only moving at speed 10 underwater. Subs were not meant to be turbo-charged invisible stalkers that can run down a carrier from behind. What was also talked about in the BS:P focus group was the stealth of the subs being tied to their speed as well as their depth.

Currently their stealth vulnerabilities underwater are offset by their high speed. But if you want to increase their stealth, then you need to decrease their speed to the point where they can't run down carriers from behind.

People keep wanting to pump their favorite units up in BS:P in different ways without considering the overall impact on the game as a whole.

Personally, what I hope there is less of in BS:P is less effective radar. It's too all-knowing at this point.

I hope there is less of in BS:P is less effective radar. It's too all-knowing at this point.
    I'm definitely with you on this one. You have a much too-large visual range on the TacMap, imo.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with subs only moving at speed 10 underwater. Subs were not meant to be turbo-charged invisible stalkers that can run down a carrier from behind. What was also talked about in the BS:P focus group was the stealth of the subs being tied to their speed as well as their depth.

Currently their stealth vulnerabilities underwater are offset by their high speed. But if you want to increase their stealth, then you need to decrease their speed to the point where they can't run down carriers from behind.

People keep wanting to pump their favorite units up in BS:P in different ways without considering the overall impact on the game as a whole.

Personally, what I hope there is less of in BS:P is less effective radar. It's too all-knowing at this point.

I can agree kind of with your radar thing, but submarines are the second slowest unit in the game, next to CVs and a few BBs (notable exceptions include Renown and Yamato)

Noobs in general!!
    ah well...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with subs only moving at speed 10 underwater.
    10 is way to slow!
    the speed is good now

Originally Posted by -Incline-
    I'm definitely with you on this one. You have a much too-large visual range on the TacMap, imo.
    2nd me!
    and how can a ship see over a mountain without any planes around?
    did they used cheats back then?

That's true, but then again, where are there really mountains? The maps which require good scouting - maps like Coral Sea - have no mountains in the first place.

I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, I'm just saying that as it stands with the current maps it's not a big deal. I'm sure in BSP they'll have maps where harbours are protected by several small islands, allowing ships to hide behind the islands and come out swinging...

subs are painfully slow as it is- Yes I realise that in WW2 subs couldnt do much more than 8knots while submerged but this is a video game.

torpedos should be harder to avoid & should do more damage.

Torpedos also shouldn't be able to be seen untill they get within a set distance from the ship, say like .6(just an example). Unless dropped from a plane or launched from a dd or pt, then you kind of know where they are and where they are going.

I agree partially. I think you should be able to see them visually at any range (within visual range obviously) but they definitely shouldn't appear on the TacMap until closer.

Originally Posted by FreeloaderUK
    Yes I realise that in WW2 subs couldnt do much more than 8knots while submerged but this is a video game.

torpedos should be harder to avoid & should do more damage.
    agree

well if you use a very good binoculair you should be able to look far you know... bhut not as far as now
    they should add that if you hit a certain spot on the ship , you can't/badly use your binoculairs

I think rather than boosting the power of torpedoes, I think you should nerf the power of personnel on water repair. If you put too much power in a torpedo, you'll start sinking DDs from two to one and a bit shots. Either that or DDs should be a little more resistant to torpedo strikes; after all, they're supposed to be sub hunters for a reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last