Thread: Winston

Winston

About Winston I would like him to play a more active butler role in Underworld. I know that the first TR's like TR1-3 he brought water on a platter and was target practice. In chronicles he reminisced. Legend all he did was stood there. He could perhaps shine some light on her father. I guess I'm asking too much from a butler.

I agree. Winston was just plain booring in TRA. Was he even in TRL? He should be more animated...just please leave out the...er...body noises.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rai004 View Post
    He should be more animated...just please leave out the...er...body noises.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

He's not really meant to be a major character though is he? He is just part of the house in some respects. I liked what they did with him in Legend and applied him as part of the storyline, but I don't see the point in him having any major role.
    "It's good to see you again, Lara."
    I think we can all agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai004 View Post
    ...He should be more animated...just please leave out the...er...body noises.
    Are you kidding? Next to locking him in the freezer, that's the Winston I know and love! I suppose the "new" Winston does not lend himself well to flatulence, so it will remain a fond memory of the classic Winston. The new Winston does need to be recognizable, to stand out in some way.

I'd love to see winston following Lara in TRU, but we could say him to stop when it begins to be annoying. It was so funny to shoot him and lock him in the fridge! I want that back!

would be nice if he at least said, "Cup of Tea Lady Croft?"

Hee, hee fart old man, fart.

Where'd they get the name Winston anyways. I always thought his name was Jeeves.

He stood around in TRA too.

I'd like to hear him talk more. Like press the action button and say something inspiring like. "I've put the laundry away" or "May I be of service to you Lady Croft." I'd also like her to say things to. "Welcome back to my humble abode"

Maybe he's so frozen due to all the time spent in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fickji View Post
    Hee, hee fart old man, fart.

Where'd they get the name Winston anyways. I always thought his name was Jeeves.

He stood around in TRA too.

I'd like to hear him talk more. Like press the action button and say something inspiring like. "I've put the laundry away" or "May I be of service to you Lady Croft." I'd also like her to say things to. "Welcome back to my humble abode"

Maybe he's so frozen due to all the time spent in the freezer.
    Or "You left you're guns by the fountain"

I love when Winston farts they should bring that back they could also have him say "Lara is that you" and Lara just looks and gives him her death stare

back to farting

I can't remeber which TR it was in but I loved locking Winston in the freezer at the mansion

Quote Originally Posted by jordoz12 View Post
    I can't remeber which TR it was in but I loved locking Winston in the freezer at the mansion
    Yeah and shootin at him whilst he was holding his tray up, terrible abuse of an elderly person lara The help the aged line was inundated with complaints hehe
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

on tomb raider on ps1 ,i found the butler really freaky!! all it would do is grunt and follow you round the house with an annoying bent back!

Quote Originally Posted by jordoz12 View Post
    You could do that in both TR2 and TR3. It was so fun.

He looked like some kind of Monk or Reverend.