Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Battlestations midway editor??

Battlestations midway editor??

Arrow Battlestations midway editor??

Hi, I would like to ask you, if there is, or is going to be an editor for Battlestations midway.... You know, it would be great, if there was a possibility to create your single - skirmish / multiplayer maps... Dont you think? Please write me under my post what you think or if there are any plans, news about the editor.... Thank you a lot. Kexik

No. I have tried different things and looked for things but have been unable to do anything.

But people are hoping for a skirmish in the sequel. Check out other threads and their may be some info.

We can all also agree that a BSP map editor would be godly

Originally Posted by Arrow
    We can all also agree that a BSP map editor would be godly
    Cue the Eff Tee.

This would be frickin' awesome.

Kexik, we hope so much this editor will be in the sequel , it seems so obvious to us that it's not needed we post about it..
    We were so sad that it was absent from BS:M

Question Yes, yes

Yes, it´s really sad that this cool game doesn´t have an editor..... you know, it would be funnier with it...... SO PLEASE, LETS MAKE A PETITION FOR AN EDITOR..... What do you think of it ?

Please, don't get me started.
    I've begged and pleaded for this from the start.

Originally Posted by Tex Vindictive
    Please, don't get me started.
    I've begged and pleaded for this from the start.
    Yes I remember....I was there.

By the way, has Timetraveller updated you in any way? I havn't seen him post in the older thread yet.
    http://i18.tinypic.com/6x1th5x.jpg

^^^^^Crazyhorse's crazy awsome sig^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by Thedivingmongoose
    By the way, has Timetraveller updated you in any way? I havn't seen him post in the older thread yet.
    I haven't seen anything.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I will shoot him a PM. He has come back but I am not sure how much modding work he is doing now, if any.

not only a map editor, but a unit editor would be nice too, possibly something like a hardpoint edior and stat changer. (like, give us some .INI files to work with)

Even if it isn't too user friendly, I'm sure there are some members of this board skillful enough to figure out what does what.

map editor is great , unit editor...not so great...
    i don't think it'sa good idea to use a unit editor in the game...
    it still needs SOME historical precision

Thanks chip.

@Chip5541: I visited and browsed the Pacific Storm Allies forums yesterday and noticed you had the same username. I have the Allies demo and use that PSA mission editor now that I got it working. Be sure to thank him for me, will you? It is pretty cool.

Originally Posted by M0n3y
    unit editor...not so great...
    Yes, then I can name a ship the USS Poop Stain and leave my mark!

And other names - The USS Razzle Dazzle, The USS Minnow, The super battleship aircraft carrier USS Vindictive.

whats wrong with that? if not in multiplayer, i know you all might have fun with it in singleplayer at least...

Originally Posted by Tex Vindictive
    Yes, then I can name a ship the USS Poop Stain and leave my mark!

And other names - The USS Razzle Dazzle, The USS Minnow, The super battleship aircraft carrier USS Vindictive.
    With 5 mile sonar (active) and launchable dept charges? ....and the whole thing is submersable!

Hey chip...while your doing that can you ask him about this error message I got after playing the Bismarck mission (I had already completed it and was continuing...this was before I got PSA mission editor.)

Have to rename my image now.

Originally Posted by M0n3y
    map editor is great , unit editor...not so great...
    i don't think it'sa good idea to use a unit editor in the game...
    it still needs SOME historical precision
    But then all those who wanted to make a Battlestations Atlantic could. They'd just modify the Yamato model a little, and boom, it's the Bismarck. Type Bs can turn into U-boats, etc.

thank you arrow.

ive done "extensive" modding in both warcraft 3 and freelancer, and i was a bit dissappointed that their was no known way to decompile the files for BSM. creating a mod would be nice even if their is no editor, i would be happy working with c++ code. (or just variables) have a way to uncompress the files in BSP if possible.

Hi Guys,

Heard you were talking about me over here....hehe...thought I would check in.

This has been a tumultuous year+ for me, since February, 2007. Lost my long-time girlfriend to cancer then, have been across the country from coast to coast twice trying to find a place to settle, now back in NY for the time being near family. Need to look for a job soon (crap, I'm 60, what am I wanting to find work for??), and have a lot of life stuff happening right now. Been playing a few games here and there, lately have been writing some software for the new Rail Simulator that came out in the U.S. in January. That's about wrapped up now.

My BSM investigations are at a standstill for the moment. I've figured out the compression method some months ago (I detailed that in another post somewhere around here). The files are basically compressed in zlib (tar/gz) format, like most of the SecurRom stuff is these days. I've been able to manually stripped them out of the .MPAK files and decompress them, though it's a chore to do them manually. What needs to be done eventually, if time permits, is to write an extractor to get all the game files. Then a recompressor would need to be written to remake them back into .MPAK files again, once modding to them is done. That would be the method of game modding unless EIDOS gives us some tools eventually. Maybe in the next version of this game? I'd keep pushing for it in these forums. Just read that review on the new BSM Pacific game and it seems they said they are responding to some of the ideas over here.

A mission editor for BSM is pretty much out of the question for me, as it's too time consuming. The one I wrote for Pacific Storm / Allies was a solid year or more in the making. I probably have 1,000 hours in it, and don't have that kind of time anymore.

So anyway, I'm just chugging along here, trying to get my life back together.

You all take care. I'll check back in here now and then and see what's up with the new game. Let's hope for a mission editor.

Bill (timetraveller)

Thedivingmongoose - I appreciate the thank you for the Pacific Storm mission editor. Glad you like it.

Originally Posted by timetraveller
    Hi Guys,

Heard you were talking about me over here....hehe...thought I would check in.

This has been a tumultuous year+ for me, since February, 2007. Lost my long-time girlfriend to cancer then, have been across the country from coast to coast twice trying to find a place to settle, now back in NY for the time being near family. Need to look for a job soon (crap, I'm 60, what am I wanting to find work for??), and have a lot of life stuff happening right now. Been playing a few games here and there, lately have been writing some software for the new Rail Simulator that came out in the U.S. in January. That's about wrapped up now.

My BSM investigations are at a standstill for the moment. I've figured out the compression method some months ago (I detailed that in another post somewhere around here). The files are basically compressed in zlib (tar/gz) format, like most of the SecurRom stuff is these days. I've been able to manually stripped them out of the .MPAK files and decompress them, though it's a chore to do them manually. What needs to be done eventually, if time permits, is to write an extractor to get all the game files. Then a recompressor would need to be written to remake them back into .MPAK files again, once modding to them is done. That would be the method of game modding unless EIDOS gives us some tools eventually. Maybe in the next version of this game? I'd keep pushing for it in these forums. Just read that review on the new BSM Pacific game and it seems they said they are responding to some of the ideas over here.

A mission editor for BSM is pretty much out of the question for me, as it's too time consuming. The one I wrote for Pacific Storm / Allies was a solid year or more in the making. I probably have 1,000 hours in it, and don't have that kind of time anymore.

So anyway, I'm just chugging along here, trying to get my life back together.

You all take care. I'll check back in here now and then and see what's up with the new game. Let's hope for a mission editor.

Bill (timetraveller)

Thedivingmongoose - I appreciate the thank you for the Pacific Storm mission editor. Glad you like it.
    Thank you, Timetraveller, for checking in. I appreciate everything you've done here.

Unhappy Please!!

We all can agree that an EDITOR for this game is wanted!!!!
    So, we must hope that the developers will do it......

I hope so...

Keir or any other dev, could you please post a link to any press releases regarding any edit abilities pleeeeeeease. When available.

Relax, if you guys have been bringing it up since BSM first came out, I'm sure they'll put something up regarding editing capabilities.

Regardless, they've mentioned in the other interview that they're boosting the customizability considerably, which is good.

Post Oh yes.... relax

hmmm yes, relax, but not for ages... I would like to see that the developers of this great game are planing to make an editor for it...... They would just say... yes...

Before this happens, we must be patient.... unfortunatelly.......

Page 1 of 2 12 Last