Thread: Future Crystal Chronicles games

Future Crystal Chronicles games

Future Crystal Chronicles games

I know that after the horrendous Crystal Bearers many of us Crystal Chronicles fans feel maybe S-E should leave the series alone... but I have to say that I really think they could make something spectacular if they made a new game for the Wii U.

Imagine if they took the series back to the basics and made a game similar in style to the GameCube version, but this time three players use the Wii controller sideways and the fourth player uses the Wii U's GamePad. I bet S-E could think of all kinds of awesome gameplay features involving that. Like maybe the player who has the GamePad is actually carrying a tablet thing in-game and it holds an enchanted map and only by carrying it around can they find their way through the miasma or something. Or something better, I'm not sure. I just really think bring the gameplay back to the GameCube version and utilizing the GamePad in some interesting way would really give new life to the series.

I actually enjoyed the Crystal Bearers for what it was trying to go for. I think the setting and characters were great. I think where the game messed up was trying to utilize the Wii motion controller that I agree the WiiU would remedy by having an actual controller. I would also like it to be the Crystal Bearers 2, because I think the characters that the game revolved around were unique, and with the four species I think it really gave each person a sense of individuality, but I agree, it should be multiplayer and I think it should dig deeper into why the people that are crystal bearers are crystal bearers. Also, what are the conciquences of utilizing the crystals powers to the extent that Layle had at the end of the game. Then you should be able to drop in and out of multiplayer with your friends like in the Tales Of series with the other characters in that universe. (Or like in Echoes of Time, my first and probably favorite CC game.) I like the different emblems giving different stat boosts. I like the accessory that built up your stats. I think the magic should take a side role, and have specific importance to solving puzzles and clearing paths through dungeons, but the main character needs a physical weapon. He should have just kept the airship gun he had at the beginning. But yeah, I think the Crystal Bearers had one of the richest and most interesting settings I've been in in a while.

Originally Posted by Bastian
    I know that after the horrendous Crystal Bearers many of us Crystal Chronicles fans feel maybe S-E should leave the series alone... but I have to say that I really think they could make something spectacular if they made a new game for the Wii U.

Imagine if they took the series back to the basics and made a game similar in style to the GameCube version, but this time three players use the Wii controller sideways and the fourth player uses the Wii U's GamePad. I bet S-E could think of all kinds of awesome gameplay features involving that. Like maybe the player who has the GamePad is actually carrying a tablet thing in-game and it holds an enchanted map and only by carrying it around can they find their way through the miasma or something. Or something better, I'm not sure. I just really think bring the gameplay back to the GameCube version and utilizing the GamePad in some interesting way would really give new life to the series.

Those are some great ideas. The only CC I ever played was the original for the Gamecube, played the heck out of that game with my friends though. Multiplayer Final Fantasys are once in a blue moon so I loved that game. I haven't looked into any of the other entries in the series but a new one with current tech could peak my interest.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

I would recommend Echoes Of Time IMMENSELY. Great game that lets you choose any species out of the four as your main character, and then lets you create NPC characters that adventure with you controlled by AI (In single player mode, you can be any species in multiplayer, but it has to be the guy you're controlling, and in multiplayer you cannot take your created AI NPC's with you.) This was just an extremely fun game, and being it was for the DS, you can probably pick it up for CHEAP! RECOMMEND!!!!! (This was actually my first Crystal Chronicle game and MADE me go out and find the others. Own them all now and have beaten them all.)

I really love the idea of Crystal Chronicles coming to the wii U, it has a lot of potential. I'd love to see more versatility added to the game, like a job system. I'd love to make a Selkie Bard or Monk/Pugilist. It also should have more character customization, like more hair selections, colors, faces, clothes seperated by head, body, pants, shoes, gloves... with that being done it could even be an online game.

The same goes for a Console version of My Life as King, where the wii u controller could be the king's Clipboard. You can manage everything from what materials you have (not just elementite, things like different types of wood or ore), search through your citizens, give people jobs and be able to build from the ground up, so you could lay out your towns path and build walls. Maybe get a chocobo ranch... Your adventurers should also have a big job selection and more character sprites so if I had 2 white mages they don't look completely identical.

Nice that's an excellent idea ^^

@Robert that's good I've played that a few years ago.

i am great fan of the FF series and even more of the Crystal Crhonicles Series the crystal bearers i like it of the expansive world but low game time play and no having more of the previus games content was the bad part for my, i like the idea of a Wii U version not only having local multiplayer, also it should support online funtion like the Echoes of Time i really have a lot of fun playing that way even with the bot version's of Wii and DS. Also i hope for one CC for 3DS story and be able to connect to the Wii U game to add extra content.

Originally Posted by Bastian

Its a good idea. I also feel FFCC should be upgraded and explanded unto the psVita and the 3DS with local and online mutliplayer.

I don´t like Crystal chronicles overall.. But i will try echoes of time

Unfortunately for some Crystal chronicles series will continue on Wii u.

Echoes of time is fun, but only with other people. If you do end up trying it, let me know here. I'll join you. It's a fun game, but no where near as fun by yourself.

I have to agree with the post in that I love the Crystal Chronicles series in what it did with co-op play. It is by far one of the most fun I had in games since titles such as Monster Hunter. I look forward to more.

Crystal Chronicles is kind weird! Give FFtatics 3 for Wii u,Wii or 3ds please!.

Crystal Chronicles Underground towers find treasures in Deep Of Sea,Volcano, face Curses and beautiful stories,sad histories.

People are going to think I'm crazy, but a Crystal Bearer sequal would be awesome I think. It should be 4 players online, and you should be able to play any of the 4 Crystal Bearers. Granted they will need a new Lilty Crystal Bearer, but come up with a story with a new Lilty being a good guy fighting a new evil power, and give Layle a actual weapon. I personally think that'd be an AWESOME game.

Originally Posted by silvergol
    Crystal Chronicles Underground towers find treasures in Deep Of Sea,Volcano, face Curses and beautiful stories,sad histories.
    Remake final fantasy's Crystal chronicals ( the GC version...) Loved the ability to use the GBA to keep your information secret from your friends.. >: ) Yet still trying to work together to defeat minions and solve puzzles!

Local 4-5 player
    Online play too!

Wii-U

(Please!)

And I love your 'Under Ground Towers"

; A; I played so much FFCC on the GC, i even played multiplayer on my own < H> (let second player die and put him/her on Auto-Follow and I would carry the chalice all the way till the end) I really want to see a multiplayer sequel, the DS games were ok.

I think if the WiiU version of Crystal Chronicles (My all time favorite series) were to be released it should go back to GC times, where the WiiU could be used as an amazing HD display for battle and maybe use 3DS's as a personal screen.

Second Idea. A game released for WiiU and 3DS, sort of like Monster Hunter but with Online multiplayer for both platforms. Having a decent 3DS online game with voice support would be a hot seller and being able to play with your WiiU friends would be amazing as well.

Okay 3rd idea. A huge single player experience that takes full advantage of the Wii U's graphical power and makes good use of the new controller. I would actually be so in love with being able to play a Full HD game with an amazing story only using the Pro Controller.

4th idea. A huge single player experience with a good story, but more of the Echoes of time approach where the main character is created completely by you. You choose your race, you grow according to your own personal taste in combat and you can join your friends in online gameplay to help them with their story.

5th idea. eShop. Make an indie game on either the Wii U or 3DS that takes place during the War between the Yukes and the Lilties. but not just that, it could be like a MOBA, where you can choose a race and go out and capture flags or something to beat the other team. Something simple like this wouldn't take too long to make and would be very refreshing for us CC fans.

The amazing thing about Crystal Chronicles is that the developers have created one of the greatest video game worlds with many different timelines to choose from when developing a new game. Another great thing is they created it on a Nintendo platform, meaning they could utilize many of Nintendo's amazing features.

Come on Square Enix, I have been waiting so long for you to announce a Crystal Chronicles game and I think this would be the best time to release one. Especially with the 3DS and Wii U being virgins.

Or maybe you could just hire me to help direct an indie game and I would definately not let you down.

A prequel to the Crystal Bearers, we would be able to see why the Yukes and the Lilties began fighting and we would see why the Crystal bearers exist.

I loved the first crystal chronicles very much. Me and a group of friends actually still like to get together and play that game every few months. Rings of Fate and Echos of Time kinda killed it for me. They did have similar mechanics but opening up the environment and the graphics just really lost me. The atmosphere of the first game was lost as each game was produced. I would love to have another light story open type game as the first. This is your task, you can get to it as you please. If they were to make another title with more similarities to the first title, the is a definite fan base that would truly appreciate it. The world and story of FFCC was fantastic, but after rings of fate I was no longer able to cling to the once beloved title.

WHAT!!!! Please do explain how Echoes Of Time killed it for you. I'm sorry, but I'm kind of a fanboy for that game, being it was the first exposure to CC I've ever had. First off, DS's to Wii's were a LOT easier and could connect online instead of the GC and the GBA with physical cables. Echoes Of Time also had a very deep and sad story. About an abandoned child of war being brought into manhood and finding he could change destiny. I feel the same for Crystal Bearers. The game isn't about the main guy, but the World the main guy is living in. Like Echoes

SPOILER ALERT!!!! JUST GO TO THE NEXT POST!!!!!

Where all of your friends were ghosts, even the girl you loved... When she started dissapearing due to the dissapearance of the crystal it literally broke my heart. Same with Rings Of Fate, Your father dying for you and your sister (or brother depending on who you played) I think is the corner stone of what made the FF franchises great. The underdog triumphing over a supposedly unbeatable foe. And trust me, unless you were ready, you would not beat the end guy. Then every mode having their own specific gear (which changed IN GAME unlike a certain numbered FF I could name) made you want to play through all modes, and drop in drop out allies also helped with multiple play throughs (again unlike some other numbered series I won't mention. This might have just been a staple for Echoes, but still relevant).

Please GOD bring on CC for the Wii U. I'm in the minority I know, but these are the games that demand respect for the franchise. I don't know anyone who dislikes the series that can give me a legitimate reason for disliking the series.

I just want to know if they will be continuing the Crystal Chronicle series for Nintendo. I personally loved those games, and would love to see one on the Wii U. If someone is at the E3 conference, ask what the future of the Crystal Chronicle series looks like.

I would definitely buy a Wii U right now if a Square game was announced for it. Whether it be a Final Fantasy spin-off like CC or one of the Dragon Quest games.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Lightbulb Bring back Crystal Chronicles PLEASE

So me and my brother love Square Enix games and have played just about all of them. But particularly we have vivid memories of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube. We really miss this game because it had a lot of great elements. Great team spell casting system, a story you can follow (poor black knight), and fun loot system. I don't want a remaster of it but maybe a part two that made since. Ring of Fates had me lost and Crystal Chronicles deserved a great sequel. I wouldn't mind an HD Remake of it but I know a lot of people would really love a well deserved part two. Thanks for bringing us so much fun Square Enix.

Originally Posted by bigtakilla
    I actually enjoyed the Crystal Bearers for what it was trying to go for. I think the setting and characters were great. I think where the game messed up was trying to utilize the Wii motion controller that I agree the WiiU would remedy by having an actual controller. I would also like it to be the Crystal Bearers 2, because I think the characters that the game revolved around were unique, and with the four*species I think it*really gave each person a sense of individuality, but I agree, it should be multiplayer and I think it should dig deeper into why the people that are crystal bearers are crystal bearers. Also, what are the conciquences of utilizing the crystals powers to the extent that Layle had at the end of the game. Then you should be able to drop in and out of multiplayer with your friends like in the Tales Of series with the other characters in that universe. (Or like in Echoes of Time, my first and probably favorite CC game.) I like the different emblems giving different stat boosts. I like the accessory that built up your stats. I think the magic should take a side role, and have specific importance to solving puzzles and clearing paths through dungeons, but the main character needs a physical*weapon. He should have just kept the airship gun he had at the beginning. But yeah, I think the Crystal Bearers had one of the richest and most interesting settings I've been in in a while.
    Hmm I say remake a version for the 3ds that's also cross compatible with the Wii U so ppl can pay non stop got a ton of friends who would love this idea the game pad Idea is ok but some times it's not reliable to use the game pad