Thread: WWII Navy Movies

WWII Navy Movies

WWII Navy Movies

I watched Das Boote again last night, and while I really like it (and similar US movies), I do wish there were some Japanese or other movies to compare them to. A few years back someone did a movie about Polish pilots who fought for the RAF called Dark Blue World. Does anyone know of anything similar with a maritime bent? I was thinking that surely the French would have something about the Surcouf or the Italians about their fleet.

Tora Tora Tora (1970) A old but still good movie about the attack on Pearl Harbor. Shows from both sides views.

Otoko-tachi no Yamato ( 2005 ) A good Japanese movie about the battleship Yamato. One of the most exensive movies ever made in Asia.

Pearl Harbor ( 2001 ) The one with Ben Affleck. Probably evryone alredy knows about this one though.

Midway ( 1976 ) Another old but good movie. As you can quess by it's name it's about the battle of Midway. But I give it one minus that the Japanese are speaking ENGLISH!

Thats all I could think of for now

Hope this helped

Originally Posted by -=)CSF(=-Yamato
    Tora Tora Tora (1970) A old but still good movie about the attack on Pearl Harbor. Shows from both sides views.

Otoko-tachi no Yamato ( 2005 ) A good Japanese movie about the battleship Yamato. One of the most exensive movies ever made in Asia.

Pearl Harbor ( 2001 ) The one with Ben Affleck. Probably evryone alredy knows about this one though.

Midway ( 1976 ) Another old but good movie. As you can quess by it's name it's about the battle of Midway. But I give it one minus that the Japanese are speaking ENGLISH!

Thats all I could think of for now

Hope this helped
    I really liked Tora Tora Tora, the more recent movie Pear Harbor was a moder remake of TTT except they threw in about 2 hours of a worthless love story so chicks might like it. Man Pearl Harbor suck because of that.

BTW anyone know where you might be able to get that yamato movie with English subs?

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Pearl reviews

Unfortunately, pasted around that stunning [action] sequence is a story so clogged with cliches of every description, so overblown, bombastic and agonizingly sentimental that it's hard to watch it with a straight face.
    Would have made a good silent movie. In fact, almost all of this film would work better if the actors just didn't open their mouths.
    A cheerfully offensive rape of history.
    The kind of crap that deserves to be slapped silly.
    just showing my love for teh movie.

I would keep my eyes open for the mini series called The Pacific ( http://www.pacificfans.com/ )

Man that sounds like it's going to be Epic. HBO outdid themselves with Band of Brothers. If they have the same type budget for The Pacific then I literally can't wait.

Above us the waves, 1955. Tells the stroy of the attack by Royal Navy Midget Submarines on the German Battleship Tirpitz in a Norgwegian Fijord.

Battle of the River Plate, 1956. The Hunt by the Royal Navy for the German Pocket Battleship Admiral Graff Spee.

Though I've never seen either of them.

Gritting my teeth I feel I have a duty to mention the 1960 film Sink The Bismarck! which was in my opinion a betrayal of the facts by protraying every man on the German ships as Nazi fanatics including Gunther Lutjens who was one of the few German officers who refused to give the Nazi salute and instead gave the tarditional naval salute. Watch the movie if you like the battles themselves but don't expect it to be a fair portrayal.

S! All

If you're a fan of John Wayne, then you'll like "Operation Pacific". This is an excellent WWII navy drama starring of course John Wayne and co-starring Patricia Neal, among others.

S!
    Micah

Pearl Harbor's fight scenes were awesome. Other than that it was pretty damn boring.

lets see...

letters of(or from) iwo jima

flags of are fathers

BTW anyone know where you might be able to get that yamato movie with English subs?
    I also would like 2 know where i could buy this DVD seen trailers on youtube looks good but cant find it in any uk sites Help please..........

Navy Moves is not in closed beta and some Spanish sites have covered what the game works and we may translate some scripts for your better understanding of the gameplay. The Lost Titans is my first 3D MMORPG, and most of things in this game are fresh for me. I really enjoy this game and make some friends here.