Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Spikes?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,027

    Spikes?

    Ok... Just a random question. But has there been anything about our most friendly spike pits?

    If not i really want them back, there wan't enough in Legend and when there was, they weren't that good. (flashback and Ghana)
    I didn't really like the fact that when you touched the spike in anniversary she went flying and didn't get impaled. I thought it was quite unrealistic and i would prefer her to get impaled.
    But the only good thing about get hit away by the spikes was that me and my sister laugh about it?


    But do you want them back? And would you rather get impaled or get blown away by them?
    Signitures are cool.... But so are pictures

  2. #2
    Hhahahaha, you have a point there, you touch them and you went flying While surfing youtube I found thing a animation of lara getting stabbed by spikes, very realistic:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB_qb...eature=related

    As for you question, Impailing pleaase

    Off topic heres an underwater turn:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMPCT...eature=related

    Heres a Faster climb:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nLgB...eature=related

    Lol theres one more Lara walking:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Otv...eature=related


    There you go, I think theres some very decent and brilliant animations there have a look. A bit off topic I would think lol.
    No Comment.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomb-Dude View Post
    I didn't really like the fact that when you touched the spike in anniversary she went flying and didn't get impaled. I thought it was quite unrealistic and i would prefer her to get impaled.
    They actually explain why they can't have Lara being impaled anymore in the director's commentaries. The ESRB wouldn't let them get away with it these days. I think that's the main reason they'd rather have as less spike pits as possible.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    The ESRB wouldn't let them get away with it these days.
    Huh... And having sexual images is alright... There are things far worse than watching someone getting impaled in video games these days

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    They actually explain why they can't have Lara being impaled anymore in the director's commentaries. The ESRB wouldn't let them get away with it these days. I think that's the main reason they'd rather have as less spike pits as possible.
    I never knew that... But that's quite a shame?
    Why wont the ESRB let them do it? To gory perhaps now?
    Signitures are cool.... But so are pictures

  6. #6

    Big Grin

    lol Headache ur right really
    UR Nothin But WOMANIZER

  7. #7
    Lara used to squirt blood when she got impaled, maybe if they just had her impaled and not have the blood they could get away with it. I'm sure they prob can't otherwise they would have done it in Anniversary. but oh well.
    "...I'm tired, give a girl a break."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,027
    She got imapled in Legend in Ghana and the flashback? It's just a shame that they can't do that anymore.
    Signitures are cool.... But so are pictures

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,509
    I can't say that I need the gore involved in Lara getting impaled in next gen graphics, but I too didn't like the "flying off" and bouncing around Lara did in Anniversary. I suppose it's lose/lose for the developers.

    Those animations were very good. I really liked climbing onto the box and the underwater turn.

  10. #10

    Cool to beta or not to beta ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomb-Dude View Post
    Ok... Just a random question. But has there been anything about our most friendly spike pits?...
    CD gives every impression of wanting to move forward creatively.
    there are ways to have spike pits without them being ... gory spike pits.

    okay, next random topic:

    darts? poisonous or simply stunning ...

    Feb. 27 ... i can't wait ...

  11. #11
    I don't want to see Anti-gravity spikes anymore, even though they're a source of Lara death entertainment!

    I want the realism back in Tomb Raider Spike-pit deaths. It makes things much more.. How do you say... Trilling..
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    Huh... And having sexual images is alright... There are things far worse than watching someone getting impaled in video games these days
    Ok, I'm not against showing impalement, but your logic is odd.
    You're implying that showing something sexual is worse than showing someone dying a nasty death? Wow. So an attractive body, or two people enjoying each others' bodies, is somehow more offensive to you than seeing someone being brutally killed?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangar The Dark View Post
    Ok, I'm not against showing impalement, but your logic is odd.
    You're implying that showing something sexual is worse than showing someone dying a nasty death? Wow. So an attractive body, or two people enjoying each others' bodies, is somehow more offensive to you than seeing someone being brutally killed?
    Yes (it's my strange opinion).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    men you're crazy vato........... some logic you have

  15. #15
    Either have realistic spikes, or none... these anti-gravity ones are annoying:/

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezyk View Post
    Either have realistic spikes, or none... these anti-gravity ones are annoying:/
    I don't agree with you on that one. Sure having realism if good but thats an extra.I really couldn't care if she was blown away by spikes or implailed but one thing I do care about is spikes. I want them, they make that jump even more scary. They add massively to the game and I suggest they add them. Sure i would like Lara to be impailed by them but I don't care about that half as much as I do about the return of spikes. Lets see if anyone agrees with me.
    No Comment.

  17. #17
    Well than at least let them be spike pits. Spikes like in Midas look good, but the way they work is just... strange.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,027
    I want them in and i don't mind if she blows away to be perfectly honest as i mainly laugh about how many possible ways she can die on those spikes.
    On the other hand i would like her to get impaled as it will add to the realism and make it more... thrilling as some said said?

    But what ever CD/Eidos decide to do i wont mind.
    Signitures are cool.... But so are pictures

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangar The Dark View Post
    Ok, I'm not against showing impalement, but your logic is odd.
    You're implying that showing something sexual is worse than showing someone dying a nasty death? Wow. So an attractive body, or two people enjoying each others' bodies, is somehow more offensive to you than seeing someone being brutally killed?
    In general: To some people it might be offensive... Several also still believe sexually related things are something meant to be private. 'Tis not a personal opinion on my part at all. Nor did I say that it was worse than gore.
    It's just that sexual themes have become drafted into the gaming world more frequently now. And anything with sexual themes (movies, TV shows, games etc.) were usually rated M or R. Now it's PG-13 or T anymore. Sex is to be handled by someone who's mature... Hypothetically speaking. And the age group to whom TR caters to (a majority) is young people. So my point being, something that used to be reserved has now become nonchalant.

  20. #20
    They could just pump up the rating to M and inject blood back into the series. xD

    They got away with similar stuff in AoD, I don't see why they feel the need to remove gore in the new ones. Besides, one of the things I've felt was funniest about these were the creative ways they came up with to kill her.

    I think they should bring back the spike pits & let us impale her to our hearts content.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    In general: To some people it might be offensive... Several also still believe sexually related things are something meant to be private. 'Tis not a personal opinion on my part at all. Nor did I say that it was worse than gore.
    It's just that sexual themes have become drafted into the gaming world more frequently now. And anything with sexual themes (movies, TV shows, games etc.) were usually rated M or R. Now it's PG-13 or T anymore. Sex is to be handled by someone who's mature... Hypothetically speaking. And the age group to whom TR caters to (a majority) is young people. So my point being, something that used to be reserved has now become nonchalant.

    I get what you're saying. I guess I just find it odd that, in general, society is more bothered by sex than about violence. These days, you can watch movies on TV with people being beheaded, tormented, etc, but showing a woman's nipple is strictly off limits (at least here in the US.) Men's nipples, oddly enough, are fine. But somehow women's nipples are forbidden. Logic? Nope, don't see any.


    But I'm getting off topic, here.

    As for the spikes, yeah, it would be cool to have them back. The more variety of traps, the better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •