Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: what would you take from invisible war and use in DX3?

what would you take from invisible war and use in DX3?

what would you take from invisible war and use in DX3?

personally i hated the game intensly, but i did like these two features

1. the hovering security bot

2. spiderbombs

what would you keep from invisible war for DX3 if anything?

Some Augmentations (Like that health leech, bot domination) and Weapons Mods. (fragmentary rounds, that thing that breaks glass etc..)

The spiderbombs are cool too... personally I loved them popping around with the Widowmaker alternate fire.

One simple thing: When you duck and move you make some noise.

Things to Keep from IW.

-Black Market Biomods.

-Bolt casters.

-NG/ Or some kind of interactive A.I.

-Melting Glass mod.

-Secret Weapons.

The hovering security bot was really scary. So yes it is definitely a keeper

Illegal black market augmentations. The biomod system in IW was terribly flawed as one could remove his mods anytime and replace them on the fly, but the concepts of illegal and legal augmentations was intresting. I think devs should expand it furher. Maybe these illegal expermental augmentations could be a lot more powerfull than the ordinary stuff, but at the same they would have really serious side effects like draining health/poisoning you when active,, messing up your pretty looks permanitely (ordinary people would be terrified and disgusted when you talked to them). Or illegal augmentation could be affecting your your other skills or augs. For example if you installed an illegal droid control aug in your brains, your other mental abilities like hacking skill would suffer penalties or aiming with rifles would be harder. Or the eyes augmentation slot such as targeting would disfunction if droid control aug was active etc. Because every aug instal would be permanent you would have to think really hard if the benefits would be greater than the risks.

I also liked the weapon mod that let me shoot through the glass without breaking it. A great asset for a stealth focused player

I agree with almost everything mentioned above.

Spiderbots were probably the coolest things in your arsenal.

I also want Omar to stay (if possible, depending on sequel/prequel scenarios).

weapons mods like the glass destabilizer that did other things than just raise accuracy or range
    hovering bots
    spiderbots
    the smoke bomb, and flash bomb alt fire mode on the shotgun and smg. In IW they used to much ammo to be used much, but with a decent ammo system could have made for some real interesting uses.

Warren Spector. Nuff said.

A poisoned knife, some other special items ?
    the food items
    the leech drone

I liked the ability that was in IW, where you could grab ledges and climb up.

Originally Posted by VodunLoas
    I liked the ability that was in IW, where you could grab ledges and climb up.
    mantling. an yes, should be in every game with a first person view.

Id like to see the cd case wrapped in the same cardboard used in the IW packageing.....lol

*Off-topic*

Love the name, Joe!

*On-topic*

I too hold an intense hatred of IW, but there were some bright spots, namely:

1. Hoverbots- Great idea, well executed. I especially dug the headlights.
    2. Unique weapons- Anything that encourages exploration is great in my book. These should be found in extremely hard-to-find areas or should require completion of a difficult sub-quest to acquire.
    3. Bot domination aug- This was great, and I think most fans would like to see it return in DX3 if at all possible.

-Wildcat

Originally Posted by jd10013
    mantling. an yes, should be in every game with a first person view.
    Hear, hear. How often I have hated having to slog through the armies of my foes, all because I couldn't climb over a waist-high wall.

The hover bots were well done, and I used the leech drone a lot (it didn't look very drone like tho'). The black market biomods didn't live up to their promise of side effects, but that's a good thing.

Yes for mantling.

Originally Posted by v.dog
    The black market biomods didn't live up to their promise of side effects, but that's a good thing.
    If it were more of a sandbox game, there could be legal restrictions on the black market augmentations, but then again that isn't what Deus Ex is.

i genuinely enjoyed IW even though it's obviously not a patch on its predecessor. anyway here is my list:

1. choice of male/female character. i know it seems relatively insignificant, but i am a sixteen year old girl and it's difficult to immerse yourself in a first person game if your character keeps making masculine grunt noises. no offence JC, you stud, you. i did try to play IW as a male alex d once, but i couldn't bear it.

2. mantling! (i admit i didn't know the correct word for this til i read this topic)

3. being able to pick up and throw dead bodies which then land in a wonderfully limp way. i had a huge amount of fun throwing unsightly corpses into nearby bins once outside the heron's loft building.

4. black market biomods, although i never got any myself...

5. i really liked the use of the kidneythieves' music and the NG Resonance character like someone mentioned before. the ambient music of the original DX was excellent but the use of real songs in IW was good too. i also liked the fact that NG Resonance was a mainsteam pop star whose music was essentially industrial/metal. awesome (i hadn't heard of the kidneythieves before i wikipedia'd IW either, so there you are).

that's all for now...also, are the people who keep saying spiderbots kidding? i HATED those stupid things, they were the bane of my life.

Originally Posted by jordan_a
    One simple thing: When you duck and move you make some noise.
    Please no, because it made sneaking almost impossible.
    Or if they do, do it right (and not so unrealistic) and the player should be able to choose real sneaking so you can't be heard but move even slower.

The atmosphere. It's so much better.

Thumbs Up

The athmosphere was quite good. Mako Ballistics was a great stage.

Great to see that some still like IW also a bit.

I would love to see NG resonance again; it was so scary when I met the original and thought "The AI is so much nicer and so much more intelligent.."

I loved to be able to choose whether I was to be seen or not. Hated some cutscenes because of that.

I loved scrambling, hacking, everything which involved turning their weapons against them.

I loved hiding the unconscious/corpses; sadly it didn´t have consequences when not hiding them.

I loved to smack the uninvolved people unconscious and to set the evil paladins aflame with the hellboltcaster

Leo.

Originally Posted by a_noise_severe
    ...also, are the people who keep saying spiderbots kidding? i HATED those stupid things, they were the bane of my life.
    it's more fun to use them than having them used against you

Let me contribute a few smaller things that I liked:

1. Items dropped separately from bodies. I was just playing the original and was annoyed that I couldn't pick up bodies without first picking up whatever useless items they had. Dropping the items separately solves that problem and is somewhat more realistic too.

2. Triggering grenades with gunfire, etc. Adds possibilities for emergent gameplay. I remember times when I killed a trooper and then shot the grenade they dropped to create a spiderbot/blow up other troopers/whatever.

Originally Posted by Christopher546
    Let me contribute a few smaller things that I liked:

1. Items dropped separately from bodies.
    a great improvement, indeed... I would like to have the possibility to search the bodies for additional items too.

- NG-resonance AI, I loved how it was part of the conspiracy
    - the toxic drone, as I usually attack from hidden places instead of running with blazing arms it's very useful
    - the hacking/neuro interface... though I'd prefered some kind of minigame instead of simple 'activating the target'
    - food stacking in one slot ... of course you dont need this if you return to the old item management
    - Cairo... I dont know why so many people disliked that location. I loved the contrast between the hypermodern archology full of 'elite citizens' and the normal population which dreamed to be part of the elite or actively opposes it. Some similar location should be in DX3, as gated communities taken to the extreme should be common in a dystopia
    - the bots are much cooler as in DX1... nuff said
    - choosing gender of the character... as I already play like a chick I should look like one ... besides this, thats one more reason for a 3rd person view

Originally Posted by mouse
    I would like to have the possibility to search the bodies for additional items too.
    I think the idea was about items that you won't find by searching the victims body but by looking what he/she may have dropped at the moment of attack (eg. the weapon) so it means that you have to search the surrounding area too.

I don't like this system very much. Maybe it'd be a bit more realistic but I prefer the more user firendly old system. In Crysis for example it makes sense since you don't have to search the bodies too but having to do both is bad for the gameflow I suppose.

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    I think the idea was about items that you won't find by searching the victims body but by looking what he/she may have dropped at the moment of attack (eg. the weapon) so it means that you have to search the surrounding area too.

I don't like this system very much. Maybe it'd be a bit more realistic but I prefer the more user firendly old system. In Crysis for example it makes sense since you don't have to search the bodies too but having to do both is bad for the gameflow I suppose.
    what I wanted to say is that I liked the idea of dropping the equipment... so that you can move the body without looting it first. But on the other hand, I liked to seach the bodies for additional item.

one example: you shoot/back-stab/knock down a guard -> the guard drops the equipment he/she had used until then -> if there's no time for a thourough body search, you move the guard into a dark corner (impossible in DX!) -> there you'll find some additional equipment like ammo, food etc, the guard had in the pockets

Page 1 of 3 123 Last