Thread: Still has that "Conflict" feel...

Still has that "Conflict" feel...

Still has that "Conflict" feel...

Yeah, Yeah... I've heard all the stuff being said about this game, but imo this game still has the "feel" of the Conflict series that I've come to know and love and that's what I like most about it. While I would have liked to see the return of my favorite characters - but not going to trash the series because of it. Who knows, maybe later in another installment they'll return or somehow tie it all together. I've also heard some complaints about the FPS transition? But to be honest with you, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. One thing I did get a chuckle out of though was the enemy soldiers are visually & unmistakably "CONFLICT". Anyone else notice them?

But yeah, the game's still got that "feel" to it & I'm glad that it does. Anything else would have just been another shooter. Anyways, can't wait to get home and hop back online. If anyone feels like running through some online missions, TD, or Campaign give me a yell. My PSNID = dubit

Later!

lol

The AI are pretty aggravating at times. LOL, like when they just stand there when you are 2 feet away from them. Similar to splinter cell ( How do they not see you in the pitch black, with your night vision goggles on?) Anyway, the feel is similar besides the FPS perspective.

I just wish there were more people online

That and some of the levels are big and dark, and I repeatedly find my self lost. Maps are greatly designed though. Nice work!

Also, I do love the single player a bit more than I thought I would. Especially when you have to save the downed pilot in Rwanda. I was where the pilot was, and wandering when help was going to arrive. Which was like a black hawk down kinda feel. Then finally 2 tanks came in (I hopped outta mine, didn't want it).

Overall I'm pleased with the game, way better than I thought it would be. I love the destructible environment. It actually turns out to be really helpful in game, and also multiplayer.

Hear you about more online, but I've noticed a steady increase in the number of people playing. Last night was a blast - I actually jumped into a match that had 16 players.! Oddly enough it seemed like all I could die ! But I got my revenge running around in the rooms - but man is that shotgun deadly.

Still need much more practice however...

Oh, and I did some online Campaign with another guy last night. Now I've been playing this series since it's inception. But I sure played like an idiot with that guy. He had the sniper rifle, and me (typical run/gun) kept trying for some stupid reason to play like Rambo. Now it may just be me, but I kinda swear in online Co-op campaign the enemy AI is pretty darn accurate! I died repeatedly - which isn't good. But we played a few rounds and made a good friend out of it. But I definately realized a serious need to take a step back and actually pick my shots. So I'll be working on that for awhile now - but looking forward to more of those team deathmatches though. Those were a friggin blast!

{Edit} - wanted to state that I've been playing on the PS3. Had some people contact me regarding doing some online play, but they've been from different systems.