Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want the Adrenaline Dodge in Underworld?

Question Do you want the Adrenaline Dodge in Underworld?

Did you like the Adrenaline Dodge in Anniversary? Do you want it back in Underworld? I definitely do, I think it's so cool! ^^

P.S. I would like to do a pool, but I don't know how to

No if it's gonna be used like it was in TRA if they do make it an optional thing rather than having to execute it all the time
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Yes, perhaps making it optional would be a good idea since some people seem to dislike it...

Don't get me wrong it has it's uses and i kind of like it, but when you are faced with multiple enemies then it becomes very impractical

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Von Croy View Post
    Don't get me wrong it has it's uses and i kind of like it, but when you are faced with multiple enemies then it becomes very impractical

I agree, it did get frsutrating sometimes, defferntly with the bosses. My sister loves the game but she can't get the handle of that move, i had to kill Natla for her? She got that frustrated with it!

But i liked it but it got used to much in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb-Dude View Post
    I agree, it did get frsutrating sometimes, defferntly with the bosses. My sister loves the game but she can't get the handle of that move, i had to kill Natla for her? She got that frustrated with it!

But i liked it but it got used to much in my opinion!
    Indeed once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature, it's just patience and timing really

Indeed once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature, it's just patience and timing really
    Exactly!!!!!

All these people who are like "oh my god its to annoying" learn it practice everyone else did?!

Exactly!!!!!

All these people who are like "oh my god its to annoying" learn it practice everyone else did?!
    They've got no patience or good timing like us tombdude

They've got no patience or good timing like us tombdude
    no they don't

I hope it is back to be honest though, but not forced on us to use, I dont think an option like turn on/off AD that would be a bit, well wierd to be honest. Well to be honest i don't know i just hope it's better and less forced on...

no they don't

I hope it is back to be honest though, but not forced on us to use, I dont think an option like turn on/off AD that would be a bit, well wierd to be honest. Well to be honest i don't know i just hope it's better and less forced on...
    I hope they make it like legend remember you did some sort of adrenelin dodge move where u pressed certain buttons??

What like when you jumped off someones heard but instead she divde forward to the next enermy sort of thing (which i loved doing on the PS2 cant work out how do it like that on PC though ) But i like jumping off people and doing a AD in Legends, better then jumping side ways all the time or forward and backwards like in the original. Sooo... Frustrating and annoying!!!

Still never completed any classics only compleated AOD, Legend and Aniversary lmao!!
    Signitures are cool.... But so are pictures

I like the dodge so I hope it will be back in Underworld But they really should make it optional cuz on some of the bosses in TRA it was really hard with it

I like the move too, and think it should stay, but not as a requirement to advance in the game.

I'd like to be rewarded for doing it though, or have an AD mode where enemies can only be killed with the dodge (and get a REALLY COOL REWARD for beating it.)

I like the dodge, and hope its here to stay. However, I think its very annoying when you are in very small, enclosed spaces (ie. raptors in the Tomb Of Qualopec), I hope the Aerial Assault is back though they were brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    I like the move too, and think it should stay, but not as a requirement to advance in the game.

I'd like to be rewarded for doing it though, or have an AD mode where enemies can only be killed with the dodge (and get a REALLY COOL REWARD for beating it.)
    Would be interesting, to get rewarded on it but what do you mean, like get a rpice back at the croft manor or something?

For bosses i think there should be a differnet tactic for each boss, what do you lot think?

Would be interesting, to get rewarded on it but what do you mean, like get a rpice back at the croft manor or something?

For bosses i think there should be a differnet tactic for each boss, what do you lot think?
    Maybe the reward could be more complex moves and more melee moves?

No if it's gonna be used like it was in TRA if they do make it an optional thing rather than having to execute it all the time

2nd this.

Maybe what those people fail to realize is that you can also do the AD pressing forward, and not only left right and backwards. It's very usefull e.g. to kill Natla.
    Or maybe they just lack patience and timing because I never had any problem what so ever doing it, and trust me, I have no supernatural powers... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sadistic Raider View Post
    Maybe what those people fail to realize is that you can also do the AD pressing forward, and not only left right and backwards. It's very usefull e.g. to kill Natla.
    Or maybe they just lack patience and timing because I never had any problem what so ever doing it, and trust me, I have no supernatural powers... lol
    I love executing the AD backwards, love it when lara falls back and slides so cool

I love executing the AD backwards, love it when lara falls back and slides so cool
    And reload after doing the backward one so she is unloading the clip whislt in slow mo she jumps to her feet and then she finishes off the reloading.
    It looks cool

Totally agree!! But I don't think it should be used in a boss fight like the big mutant in Anniversary, I always enjoyed saving up ammo and letting rip against the final big boss I'd still like to see it return in Underworld though..

Cool let's dance ...

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post

I'd like to be rewarded for doing it though ...
    i generally agree with this sentiment ...

Underworld will probably add-on its own set of signature moves. i'm willing to bet that CD has figured out how to make legacy boss battles so that the gameplay in TRU won't be as restrictive as TRA was (i.e. featuring single path solutions that required the adrenaline dodge combo).

i have very little problem, now, with using the adrenaline dodge in multiple monster situations or in tight quarters. i do have to acknowledge that in multiple monster situations, things can go bad very quickly if you get out-of-sync when using your evasive manuevers. i think most people don't try the forward adrenaline dodge because its not a natural instinct to "evade forward".

... and on the subject of being rewarded for choosing to use the adrenaline dodge, i think that in some cases the reward can be something like seconds/minutes shaved off in a time trial attempt hence increasing the likelihood of success. however, another (heavy-handed) way to be rewarded for using the adrenaline dodge is for TRU to require it to pass some obstacle, as in one minor boss battle. that would be enough to invoke a connection to TRA. overall, if TRU is to be (legacy) great then it needs to move on ... which implies that Anniversary's signature move needs to stay tightly associated with Anniversary and only loosely associated with Underworld ...

Big Grin

Oh here we go agin lol hope there is no nagging in here agree about optinal thing yep
    UR Nothin But WOMANIZER

Quote Originally Posted by TouchOfPink View Post
    Totally agree!! But I don't think it should be used in a boss fight like the big mutant in Anniversary, I always enjoyed saving up ammo and letting rip against the final big boss I'd still like to see it return in Underworld though..
    Oh agreed i miss the unlimited pick ups as with original tomb raider i liked to save up as much Uzi ammo for that fight sorry to go off in a tangent again

Adrenaline Dodge? Yes please Loved it, it was fun although pretty hard to master but once you had it it was very effective, I also hope that the slow mo. moves in Legend are back, they were brilliant. From what I've heard AD is back And they'res going to be slight changes but nothing about the moves from legend
    No Comment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast