Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please confirm this?

Exclamation Can someone please confirm this?

I found this at the Nosgothic Realms forum.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fnosgothlega...cID=9365.topic

I won't say that it's just a rumor but as I don't currently have a copy of Game Informer, I an't say it's not true either. Anyway, I just thought this was the best place to ask.

I hope it´s true... I was quite shocked when I first saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    I hope it´s true... I was quite shocked when I first saw it.

I also certainly hope it is true and not just another empty promise...because as kain said: stones too can lie...

"are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

WOOOOHOOOOO!! *Jumps for joy* Does a cool dance* Time to get the whip out and get those guys a working on the game.

hm

I too want to know if it's true or not...I have my doubts

I don't doubt the CEO actually said it... but, of course, the real question is whether or not it'll go anywhere. I certainly hope so!

I wonder if Chris will say something about this. Chris, are you still here?

cool cool. Just one thing:

He said he'd PERSONALLY like to push to bring LOK back. Now no matter how much power the man has there's still going to be procedure to follow when they asess if it's even worth doing. they'd have to do whatever it takes to make LOK as popular as it was when soul reaver was released (I PRAY that means they're going to make it more of a game and less of a picture book that doesn't even understand itself) but also; even if they use the game engine from Tomb raider, you're looking at a good 18 months to make the game. So the odds of getting anything before 2009 are pretty remote unless they've been hiding something (they did a good job keeping defiance under wraps in all honesty. remember when those screens were leaked and the mods here and ben (the only other person that knew they were real) were doing EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD to make us pretend we hadn't seen them?)

I just hope they learned something from their last few games in the series; and I think it'd pretty important they listen to the fans - NOT for what we WANT to see (look at the JOKE of secret areas and back tracking they tagged onto defiance to keep us happy), but what we DONT want to see. Lots of ppl here were like "WHY spend all that money on a new camera?? There's nothing wrong with the old one. in fact it's pretty perfect!" and "don't remove hand to hand combat! it's fun!!". All the best things about defiance (like TK) are things we didn't ask for.

right! anyone for a brew?

I'm REALLY looking foreward to any new LOK related games that come as a result of these comments. Yay LOK! GO TEAM!

Hmm I was under the impression that they used the LOK Defiance engine to make TR . Oh and I'll have a Brew thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scion of Imbalance View Post
    I found this at the Nosgothic Realms forum.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fnosgothlega...cID=9365.topic

I won't say that it's just a rumor but as I don't currently have a copy of Game Informer, I an't say it's not true either. Anyway, I just thought this was the best place to ask.
    :raises brow:

Oh?

Yeah baby..

Damn right.. pardon the fransoius.. Anyway Eidos knows that they got a winner people...Right?... Lets hope for the best..Simon are you in the house?

Just hope eidos never ive up PC gaming market. I wil go and throw spoilt egg to Eidos office if they release new LOK game on console platform only~~~

I wonder since they are downloading classic PS one games now, if LOK and Soul Reaver will ever be down loadable. My copies are worn almost to dust

hmmm, I have my doubts. I've been trying for the last 10 minutes or so to open up that interview with Harold Ryan and I can't find it. I've been to the game informer site and gotten all the way to the page where they list the page number for the interview (it is indeed page 34) but there's no link. Anyone in here get gameinformer?
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarian View Post
    Just hope eidos never ive up PC gaming market. I wil go and throw spoilt egg to Eidos office if they release new LOK game on console platform only~~~
    They have always made pc versions so I wouldn't worry.

Very interesting indeed. Not enough to really start getting hopes up over, but definitely a spark. Might pay to start checking on legacyofkain.com occasionally again.

I don't own a next-gen console, but I'd buy one solely for LoK6 if it ever does see daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly2 View Post
    They have always made pc versions so I wouldn't worry.
    Well, they weren't going to port Defiance to PC, originally, but did so for the fans. They expected to actually lose money on PC sales. However, this is a new generation of consoles, with Microsoft's X-Box, especially, mirroring PC hardware. I hope that they port it to PC. I am not planning on spending the mega bucks for a new console.

And the good that this report is for us, is that this is the second Eidos executive that has said that Eidos is planning on breathing new life into their existing franchises first, before moving on, and this one names LoK specifically as being one of those franchises. I wanted to pick up a copy of this magazine at Gamestop, but they were sold out of it... Ah well.

It's good to see that finally they mentioned something new about LOK. I've been gone for a long time but the game and this place will never be forgotten.

Am I the only one worrying that once this new one comes out, it might have been better if Defiance was the last? I mean, with all the LoK people gone now...

Not worried at all..

If you look at Tomb Raider (I know the dreaded TR), You can say that the TR franchise has been seriously revived! They made Legend into a great new puzzler! Now I know alot of people credit Amy Henning with all that it is LOK, but it was concieved by Dennis Dyak. She didnt do a bad job, but all she was responsible for really was the Soul Reaver Series. As long as Simon is on board, than I think we will be safe..Especially since alot of good writterss are on strike!

Irklagathra's "New Legacy Of Kain???" post for real??? YES!!!

I was the one that broke the story on Nosgothic Realm that Scion Of Imbalance refers to. The resolution isn't the best, but you can pause the video at certain points and make out the text of what is obviously the new Game Informer magazine. I post on youtube under the handle creepsomber...
    Here is the link to my video:
    MOD EDIT: Removed URL as it violates intellectual property law and our TOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkus816 View Post
    If you look at Tomb Raider (I know the dreaded TR), You can say that the TR franchise has been seriously revived! They made Legend into a great new puzzler! Now I know alot of people credit Amy Henning with all that it is LOK, but it was concieved by Dennis Dyak. She didnt do a bad job, but all she was responsible for really was the Soul Reaver Series. As long as Simon is on board, than I think we will be safe..Especially since alot of good writterss are on strike!
    The writers strike ended last week.

They have to release it for PC users too!

I hope that they port it to PC. I am not planning on spending the mega bucks for a new console.
    I definately hope so too because my days of getting new systems died the day I got my
    psp!!

EDIT: DUH..i'm an idiot..they can also release it for psp..

So in other words PC/PSP is my only hope!
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

I am not planning on spending the mega bucks for a new console.
    Agreed. I like LoK and all, but that would be a little much. Just curious, how did PC Defiance sales work out? Because if the PC version of Defiance sold well, it might give them a reason to make the next LoK for PC as well.

I mean, with all the LoK people gone now...
    Yeah, the game might take a different direction. As long as they don't make ridiculous plot changes (i.e. the Elder God is actually a giant rabbit, not a squid), I'm not complaining. But that's a topic for a different thread. And in any event nothing's certain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast